1.8 MC on the near horizon?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Basically :
1.4.7 was like XP ,
1.5.2 was like vista ,
1.6.4 is solid like windows 7.
And now MC 1.7.2 was like win 8 ( bugs everywhere ) and 1.7.10/8.1 solved bugs but still is not great.

Minecraft 1.8 and win 9 shall soon be revolutionary. :cool:

I can't see where people come from saying that 8.1 isn't 'great', Performance wise between 7 and 8.1 is at least 20% jump.
The only reason I can see people disliking 8.1 is because they still believe it uses the tablet feel of things. (which you can now disable and it looks like windows7 or you can download a program to do the same)

--

Modpacks are still so far away for 1.8 that 1.7 packs will get out before we see mods for 1.8.
(this is speaking for myself and not as part of FTB)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, I've found that ForgeGradle decompiles in about 1/10 of the time as the old MCP system. I'm guessing because it works with zip files, instead of folders with thousands of files.

I can't speak for decompile time, but I can tell you that the time it takes to hesitate its way through the project dependencies and everything, even to do something as simple as to list the possible tasks, is frustrating.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I can't speak for decompile time, but I can tell you that the time it takes to hesitate its way through the project dependencies and everything, even to do something as simple as to list the possible tasks, is frustrating.
Oh yes, definitely that too. It has to download files (behind my back, too) to list the possible tasks?[DOUBLEPOST=1408607250][/DOUBLEPOST]
I be a derp derp and have no clue really what that means, but does that mean large packs will load faster and you wont have to wait 5 minutes for the game to launch or whatever?
No, it's strictly a mod development thing.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes, definitely that too. It has to download files (behind my back, too) to list the possible tasks?

The worst part about that is what happens to 1.7+ a year or two from now? Currently, the older versions of MCP and Forge can have problems being set up, even as recently as 1.6.4 where the server MD5 doesn't even match up anymore and the process halts. But you can edit the config and/or tweak the build scripts and still get these old ones to work. I've done it a few times now, since I'm a fan of playing on/with various old versions once in a while. But with the Gradle system, if one day the servers don't work, then you're pretty much boned. Since there's no Python scripts anymore you'd have to try to dig through the ForgeGradle source on Github and see if you could salvage anything from that. But at that point it stops being fun or worth your while.

Edit: Here's some actual 1.8 news. Searge says that with 1.8, 1321 classes matched from previously, 616 were removed, and 535 are new. Yeah, this is probably going to be a whopper.

Last edited:

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
Triblades

As for you pseudo-scientifically argument, I can say the same because Mojang hired FOUR people to strengthen it's API to modded Minecraft! What more do 'we' want from them?

Here is your answer to that Triblades

There is no Mojang API as of yet ...hard to put a API on bad code :rolleyes: also
you mean 3 ..... Warren Loo Evilseph left the the team (in a dramatic fashion) and tried to close Bukkit and failed because Mojang has owned Bukkit for years now when they bought it from Curse.:eek:

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Basically :
1.4.7 was like XP ,
1.5.2 was like vista ,
1.6.4 is solid like windows 7.
And now MC 1.7.2 was like win 8 ( bugs everywhere ) and 1.7.10/8.1 solved bugs but still is not great.

Minecraft 1.8 and win 9 shall soon be revolutionary. :cool:
I like win 8. :(

Reactions: Hambeau

7thfleet

Jul 29, 2019
Well this looks promising:
kaTLc2m.png
Granted this is in a superflat with minimal settings but still.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Fastcraft really helps with 1.7.10 performance, chunkloading seems to work fine, though I do get occasional glitches where I can see through the terrain.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I am not getting the same issues with the 18 Pre1 like I was with last weeks snapshot...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I am not getting the same issues with the 18 Pre1 like I was with last weeks snapshot...
If I set my render distant to higher than 10 chunks, my screen spazzes out woth random flickering.

Plus I've lost 20fps since 1.6

Last edited:

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
lesse, 1.7.10 default world.... 200fps

1.8pre.... 275. i see some improvement, but not the legendary 2000 fps...
(this is all vanilla)