Open 1.8.2: (1.11.2) Nether Phantoms causing crashes

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Touching phantoms found in the nether causes minecraft to quit out. It is, generally speaking, unrecoverable, since attempting to log in again will cause another crash as you'll still be next to the phantom.

Mod & Version:
Biomes O' Plenty, launcher indicates version 2.1.0.1067-universal

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/cb3c9283

Can it be repeated:
Seems so. Every phantom I've encountered in melee has caused the crash.

Can be spawned in creative mode if it is difficult to find one naturally.

Known Fix:
Phantom mobs are from Biomes O' Plenty. Based on the error thrown I presume they're trying to do something that isn't handle correctly, but that's just a guess.

Disabling them would be a fix. Apparently that loses access to the Enderporter (a drop from the phantom is required for it), but I'm not sure that's a big loss.

Failing that, I used NBTExplorer to move myself to a position away from the phantom, since logging back in after crashing to one just puts you right next to it again.

In my investigation, this issue has been reported repeatedly in the BoP thread on minecraft.net - as far back as Sep 2014 - though I haven't seen any solutions posted yet. That is, other than disabling phantoms as some people have done, which I'm not sure how to do so myself (but I expect I can find the answer eventually).

iTpyn

Jul 29, 2019
Game crashes when he picks you up.
Disabling phantom in \minecraft\config\biomesoplenty\ids.cfg (change id to 0) is the best solution unless you want to update BoP to the latest build and face a bunch of id conflicts which you have to resolve manually (i use BoP .1396 with config files i edited to be fully compatible with old FTB Infinity worlds)/

In case you remove phantoms from the game, you can avoid unavailability of enderporter by adding a Ghastly Souls recipe using MineTweaker.
Use script with the following code (it's an old ghastly souls crafting recipe):

recipes.addShaped(<BiomesOPlenty:misc:10>,
[[<minecraft:soul_sand>, <minecraft:blaze_powder>, <minecraft:soul_sand>],
[<minecraft:ghast_tear>, <minecraft:skull:1>, <minecraft:ghast_tear>],
[<minecraft:soul_sand>, <minecraft:blaze_powder>, <minecraft:soul_sand>]]);

Last edited:
Reactions: TaintedHorizon