[1.7.10][WIP]Industry Gigant[BQ][GregTech+Rotarycraft]

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Just started and already crashed. First of all NEI seems to be really unhappy about Tinker Arrow and is writing to stderr every 5 seconds.
Bug of the beta GT version used in the current pack. Multiple tools crash on use. Will be fixed in the next update.

Silly question from a player that has always used launchers - anyone have a link to instructions for running a straight pack download?
MultiMC or Vanilla Launcher+forge and drop files into the folder. Done...
I will put this pack on a launcher soon, so maybe waiting about a week might the better idea. The pack is still WIP after all and many things incomplete and broken.

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
Minor bug: the Food Trading License allows you to sell Jerky items made with the TiC Drying Rack. The Drying Rack cannot be crafted.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a harder recipe was added for the BC Chute, but the easy recipe still works.

The animal farmer thingy from progressive machines is always facing east, right clicking it with a wrench costs durability and does nothing.

I got around to testing this in my world, rotates fine if you use the PA wrench. The wrench also shows you the area covered by PA machines which is handy.

Couple other things:

Easy recipe for iron tank walls still works even though there is a harder recipe with gt tools.
PA quest for animal farming only takes white wool, not that big of a deal, particularly when you can just make it from string.

Last edited:

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
For those using the Curse Launcher:
* Create a new profile (1.7.10 forge), named 'Industry Gigant'
* Download the files
* Copy the contents to C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Industry Gigant
* Have fun.

(Also remember, press 'F' to bring up the quests.)

Reactions: Pyure

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
[Minor] The 'Automation' quest has the word 'safe' instead of 'save'.

Is there a Github for the pack or some place for issues?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found a potential brick for progression. If for some reason, someone claims two batches of Tin Ingots with the Trader with the initial batch of 4 credits, I believe you can't make tools with it and you cannot earn more credits because that other licenses are locked behind other quests.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Basic Trader supposed to take EU per trade? It took 726 EU from the battery, and trades don't appear to drain any more power.

Last edited:

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
Quest component ordering issue / Tech Tree Order Error / Feature Duplication
The quest 'Charcoal' prompts for a Charcoal Pile Igniter, then 2 stack of Charcoal, then 27 Coke Bricks. The problem is that the Charcoal Pile Igniter requires Wrought Iron, which can only be first obtained with an Immersive Engineering Blast Furnace; the crafting recipe for which consumes Coke Bricks. So you could make Coke Bricks -> (Reinforced) Blast Bricks -> Wrought Iron -> Charcoal Pile Igniter... but in so doing you pass through Coke Bricks, which are themselves a source of Charcoal.

Worth noting, this string of logic also takes you through Steel, which indicates that the Charcoal quest could be more sensibly linked to the Steel quest, as you need Steel to make Steel Plates to make Reinforced Blast Bricks to make Wrought Iron to make a Charcoal Pile Igniter.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Basic Trader supposed to take EU per trade? It took 726 EU from the battery, and trades don't appear to drain any more power.

The early/easy trades don't take any EU but later trades do. As soon as I traded for diamonds I had to put the battery back in the trader I was using for that trade.

White Fluorite Ore (ReactorCraft) appears to still be spawning. Not sure if intended.

I've found multiple types of fluorite. I also found pitchblende.

Also just noticed that you need wrought iron plates for LV machine frames which means I don't get to put off the IE improved blast furnace like I wanted to. It is awfully expensive. Was thinking I could halve the steel cost with IE press but the recipe for that isn't what I remembered. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: EchoingZen

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
Strange late-game bug:
The Trader recipes for UV Energy (Energy Trade License(Volt), Ultimate Voltage) that use either 0.75 Amps or 0.85 Amps are okay. However, the recipes that use either 0.5 Amps or 1.0 Amps integer overflow and require -1.8b EU to complete. Not sure if this is a display bug, or would result in actual haywire behavior in-game.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch. Do not run IE Low Voltage to a GT Low Voltage battery buffer.

I suppose I needed a GT LV transformer between the two if this works at all.

Update: works fine with a LV transformer, lol.

Last edited:

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch. Do not run IE Low Voltage to a GT Low Voltage battery buffer.

I suppose I needed a GT LV transformer between the two if this works at all.

Update: works fine with a LV transformer, lol.
I'm so glad you said that, I was about to do the same thing. ha!

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
[Suggestion] Rename the towns to something with a little bit more personality but still generic. Perhaps naming them after metal types like 'Coppertown', 'Silverburg', 'Goldvale', 'Platnium Springs', etc.

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so glad you said that, I was about to do the same thing. ha!
Yeah see this is one of the weird things (that I called IE on when it released this feature): Immersive Engineering voltage tiers are 2x the voltage of IC2/GT voltage tiers. IE LV = 64EU/t, IE MV = 256EU/t... I called them out on this oddity and they just said to roll with it. This is exactly what I figured would happen.

Reactions: EchoingZen
M

Mystry

I was interested and wanted to try it, until I saw you had tinkers construct.

I have a long-standing commitment to never play any modpack with tinkers construct in it. I absolutely hate that mod.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I was interested and wanted to try it, until I saw you had tinkers construct.

I have a long-standing commitment to never play any modpack with tinkers construct in it. I absolutely hate that mod.
If you are worried about overpowered tools, fear not. Tools don't really play a role in the pack. The main purpose is for early ore smelting.