[1.7.10][WIP]Industry Gigant[BQ][GregTech+Rotarycraft]

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Industry Gigant
A automation and trading modpack with focus on GregTech and Rotarycraft
In this modpack i try to make a few things different than other modpacks:
  • No oregen. All ores must be traded ingame.
  • Infinite Resource generation ways disabled ore limited. (No crops, limited bees, ect)
  • No metals smelting in the furnace. That is all moved over to the Tinkers Construct Smeltery.
  • Better Questing will guide trough the progression and reward Trading Licences needed to buy higher tiers of ores.
  • GT and RoC recipes have been changed for combined progression(RoC changes accepted by Reika).
  • Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft are added, but most of their machines recipes are removed. Their multiblocks replace some GT machines that have been disabled and their recipes got moved over.
  • Drops from Hostile Monsters are disabled. So no monster farms, only friendly animals get harmed.
  • Finite water everywhere besides Ocean and River biomes
  • Optional Skyblock mode. From world with no ores to void world is only a small step.
  • Nether and End have been disabled by default.
This is my first Modpack. Im primarily the modder maintaining GregTech 5 Unofficial and wanted to merge all the huge complex tech mods into a single pack not done before.

Modlist:
Treecapitator
Applied Energistics 2
NotEnoughItems
FastCraft
AromaBackup
Better Questing
BiblioCraft
BuildCraft
Carpenters Blocks
Catwalks
Chisel
Ding
Extracells
Forestry
Gendustry
GraviSuite
Gregtech 5
GTTweaker
HelpFixer
IC2 NuclearControl
Immersive Engineering
IC2
inpurecore
IronChest
Journeymap
LogisticsPipes
Magneticraft
Malisisdoors
MineTweaker3
Modtweaker2
Morpheus
NEIAddons
Nei Integration
OpenComputers
Progressive Automation
ProjectRed
Railcraft
ReactorCraft
RotaryCraft
Tinkers Construct
Inventorytweaks
Waila
WailaHarvestability
Waterhooks
Wawla
Ztones
ForgeMicroblock
ForgeMultipart

Downloadlink: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmaOa6IoyYxHlmtf_IrJSkujRRQj

Issues (Github)

The pack is still WIP, mostly trades are missing and only few quests are currently written.
Also i can not garantee at this point there the world will not need resets for now. I still add and remove some mods, also accepting recommendations. So if someone knows good mods that add stuff that might be nice as trading things or mods that add nice multiblocks it could also somehow integrate into the progression, just tell me.

I also could need some help with testing or by making textures for my coremod that adds a few items.

Last edited:

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, nice. I've always wanted a well-done GT + RoC pack. Definitely going to be keeping eyes on this one.

(Any chance of adding in Electricraft & Chromaticraft to flesh out the Reika suite? Electricraft has the non-animated RoC-type power transport. Chromaticraft definitely isn't tech and doesn't fit in, but it does have some sweet integration usability with RoC & AE2)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Chromaticraft will not be added into this pack. I try to keep clean of every type of magic mods.

Electricraft... not sure about that. I do not really see any need for it, as you can convert to EU and then back again, but there is also no real reason to keep it out. For what exact type of setups would it be nessary? Or is that only to keep power transfer a bit easier?

Quadran

Jul 29, 2019
Love your work on GT5U so when I saw you posted your own pack I immediately gave it a go. Whats the best way to report issues to you? Got a github page somewhere?
First major issue I noticed in my playthrough so far is not being able to create wrough iron for the charcoal pit.
Some other smaller issues are related to MT scripts not loading properly, but not sure if this is a local problem or an issue with the modpack. I can't make wooden pipes for instance. The recipe with ore:stick doesn't work, but if i change the script to minecraft:stick it loads fine. Some other recipes have similar issues.

Looking forward to see how this grows.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
A case in favor of Electriccraft -- In my experience, at least, the EC cables are a bit less laggy than RoC shafts (graphically, at least) once you have a bunch of them set up.

H

Hijoushiki

I think AE2 Stuff is a good addition, if only for the Advanced Inscriber and the Growth Chamber. Both are amazing steps up from Applied Energistics normal offerings. Normal automation with inscribers and growth accelerators is pretty awful at best. Getting things in and out of normal inscribers (automatically) is extremely unusual considering it is a default Applied Energistics mechanic from an automation mod. I feel like it never got fully integrated. Advanced Inscriber requires inscribers and allows for automation. Similarly, normal growth accelerators function oddly when your getting to the automation step, and the Growth Chamber fixes it much the same way.

Chisel Tones is a great marriage between Ztones and Chisel. It enables finding the pattern you're wanting a non-effortful task, and makes them worth using decoratively pre-post scarcity. However, I understand you may be going for making/leaving them expensive.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Chromaticraft will not be added into this pack. I try to keep clean of every type of magic mods.

Electricraft... not sure about that. I do not really see any need for it, as you can convert to EU and then back again, but there is also no real reason to keep it out. For what exact type of setups would it be nessary? Or is that only to keep power transfer a bit easier?
ElC is primarily for power distribution, mainly in cases of evenly splitting power among N machines, which would be costly, render-heavy, and inefficient to do with shafts.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Just started and already crashed. First of all NEI seems to be really unhappy about Tinker Arrow and is writing to stderr every 5 seconds.

[20:50:53] [NEI Item Loading/ERROR]: Couldn't build vanilla equivalent of Tinker Arrow

but more important, I made a sense out of iron and clicked on some oak leafs with it and it crashed.

[20:55:03] [Client thread/WARN]: gregtech.common.tools.GT_Tool_Sense.isMinableBlock:34

[20:55:03] [Client thread/WARN]: gregtech.api.items.GT_MetaGenerated_Tool.getDigSpeed:438

[20:55:03] [Client thread/WARN]: squeek.wailaharvestability.helpers.ToolHelper.isToolEffectiveAgainst:113

[20:55:03] [Client thread/WARN]: Catched unhandled exception : [class squeek.wailaharvestability.WailaHandler] java.lang.NullPointerException

[20:55:04] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception

net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking memory connection

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:181) ~[nc.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) ~[bsx.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at gregtech.common.tools.GT_Tool_Sense.isMinableBlock(GT_Tool_Sense.java:34) ~[GT_Tool_Sense.class:?]

at gregtech.api.items.GT_MetaGenerated_Tool.getDigSpeed(GT_MetaGenerated_Tool.java:438) ~[GT_MetaGenerated_Tool.class:?]

at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.getBreakSpeed(EntityPlayer.java:811) ~[yz.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.blockStrength(ForgeHooks.java:138) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]

at net.minecraft.block.Block.func_149737_a(Block.java:643) ~[aji.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73074_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:172) ~[mx.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147345_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:489) ~[nh.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C07PacketPlayerDigging.func_148833_a(SourceFile:53) ~[ji.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C07PacketPlayerDigging.func_148833_a(SourceFile:8) ~[ji.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) ~[nc.class:?]

... 5 more
E:
Also it takes something like launching the modpack hangs for something like 5minutes at

[info.inpureprojects.core.API.Utils.Downloader:download:19]: Downloading: http://files.inpureprojects.info/libs/commons-codec-1.9.jar
until it timeouts and continues without it.

E2:
Can reproduce it 100% of the time with just one left click.

Last edited:

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Silly question from a player that has always used launchers - anyone have a link to instructions for running a straight pack download?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Silly question from a player that has always used launchers - anyone have a link to instructions for running a straight pack download?
Download MultiMC, create a new instance, go into the instance settings and add forge, open the folder it's in and drop in the mods/configs/etc. files from the download, and then run it. I suggest also increasing the amount of RAM MultiMC allocates, that'll be in the settings too, it defaults to something like 1 or 2GB which makes at least startup for the pack very slow.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
The animal farmer thingy from progressive machines is always facing east, right clicking it with a wrench costs durability and does nothing.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The mod webpage says it can be rotated, have you tried with the mod's wrench or are you using a GT wrench?