[1.7.10][WIP]Industry Gigant[BQ][GregTech+Rotarycraft]

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
Are any of the tool head molds even enabled?
Update: The standard tool part molds are enabled. However, the only valid material for any of them is HSLA Steel; which also means that you can't actually get any of the tool part molds because you also can't make any of the tool parts from Patterns so you can't actually make Molds. So while they technically exist, they're all useless.

Reactions: EchoingZen

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Update: The standard tool part molds are enabled. However, the only valid material for any of them is HSLA Steel; which also means that you can't actually get any of the tool part molds because you also can't make any of the tool parts from Patterns so you can't actually make Molds. So while they technically exist, they're all useless.
Good to know, though even if the tools were usable with other metals, I wouldn't think it would break the pack at all. Thanks for looking :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Do villages still spawn? If they do you might be able to loot some tool parts from TiC buildings in order to create molds.

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
Do villages still spawn? If they do you might be able to loot some tool parts from TiC buildings in order to create molds.
True (and villages probably do spawn but I don't know yet I haven't explored far enough) but still, with only HSLA Steel as a tool material, no real mining to do, and all other Axes Treecapitating anyway, they aren't really all that useful.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Villages spawn and I have been able to get some metals from them. So I have got a block of steel, but no real way to use it.

E:
Some tips for playing the pack.
Add a line like
127.0.0.1 files.inpureprojects.info
into your hosts file (/etc/hosts)
For me this speeds up starting the modpack by about 4 Minutes. The mod in question isn't longer maintained and attempts to download a none existing file.

Also by updating gregtech to 5.09.23 you can use such advanced features like breaking a wooden fence with an axe without crashing the game.

DON'T USE 5.09.24 - it conflicts with IGcore (wtf that mod does)

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Bugfixing the latest GT update took quite some time. And i can barely keep up with issues/ideas listed here.
I'm thinking about removing impurecore from the pack because of the loading issue. or is there a way to fix that problem modpack sided?

IGCore is the Coremod of the pack that does all the changes that could not be done in other mods or with minetweaker and adds the trader and the trading items.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Some feedbacks on the early quests:
I am currently at Basic Steam Machines. I can't do the charcoal, because I can't craft the charcoal pile igniter (no wrought iron). I have done the water collection one for the netgain of 8 credits, but the water tank itself feels pretty underwhelming. I don't see my self ever being able to fuel a steam engine with that. I have started more steam machine for the bronze plated bricks towards the bronze blast furnace, but so far I only have the steam forge hammer. I found that I am unable to power a single steam forge hammer with my small coal boiler from the basic steam machines quest. Currently I am just hoping to mostly skip the steam machines. The Steam Macerator requires 2 diamonds, which means I need 256 credits and an integrated circuit - I am pretty sure for the later I need to be in the electric age.
So I am not exactly sure in which direction to progress, I could go for the forestry multifarm quest, but that would mean starting with rf when I am actually trying to do gregtech.

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
The Charcoal Pile Igniter is a reeeeeeally indirect quest but it's doable. The trick is to make an Immersive Engineering Coke Oven, use that to make Coke/Charcoal for a GT Bronze Blast Furnace, use the Steel to make an Immersive Engineering Blast Furnace, and use that to make Wrought Iron.

As for the RC Rain Tank, GT Steam Boilers use water really slowly (1mB / 25t for small, 1mB / 10t for high pressure), so you can have several Boilers going with only one Rain Tank to supply them.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, but is there really any point to get an charcoal pile igniter once you have a coke oven and a bronze blast furnace?
Maybe, I haven't measured exactly how much water a gt steam boiler requires, but given that it can't even power single machine of the same tier I am not sure I want to use them anyway.

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, but is there really any point to get an charcoal pile igniter once you have a coke oven and a bronze blast furnace?
Maybe, I haven't measured exactly how much water a gt steam boiler requires, but given that it can't even power single machine of the same tier I am not sure I want to use them anyway.
A Small Coal Boiler (or Solar Boiler) will continuously power a Steam Compressor, Macerator, or Extractor, with excess. Two will power a Steam Furnace and one of those three at the same time. The hard ones are the Forge Hammer and the Alloy Smelter; for those you'd want one or two of the High Pressure Boilers, or run them in shorter batch work cycles.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The worst offender in eating steam, the alloy smelter is disabled and replaced by the tinkers smeltery.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming that the ReactorCraft ores are going to get removed from worldgen eventually, I would like to see some reason to explore for something optional. Perhaps a quest that pays out a decent amount of coins for finding something very rare underground.

PaladinOne

Jul 29, 2019
Weird Recipe

There are two Trader recipes for 16x Lapis. The first, 4 Silver Credits with a Material Trade License (and Clay). The second, 1 Copper Credit, 1 Fence, and an Integrated Circuit (config 4).

... What?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Weird Recipe

There are two Trader recipes for 16x Lapis. The first, 4 Silver Credits with a Material Trade License (and Clay). The second, 1 Copper Credit, 1 Fence, and an Integrated Circuit (config 4).

... What?
The cheaper one was meant as an trade with all minecraft dyes. Forgot that blue dye is lapis.

Assuming that the ReactorCraft ores are going to get removed from worldgen eventually, I would like to see some reason to explore for something optional. Perhaps a quest that pays out a decent amount of coins for finding something very rare underground.
The Flourite ores can not be disabled in the reactorcraft config. Maybe i find a way with reflection, but so far that ore is not a problem.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
A Small Coal Boiler (or Solar Boiler) will continuously power a Steam Compressor, Macerator, or Extractor, with excess. Two will power a Steam Furnace and one of those three at the same time. The hard ones are the Forge Hammer and the Alloy Smelter; for those you'd want one or two of the High Pressure Boilers, or run them in shorter batch work cycles.
Do you have any source on this or is there anyway to get numbers on steam production/consumption?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Finally updated again (v0.2.0). Will make a changelog later.

To get the new quests in existing worlds, use the command "/bq_admin default load".
In future the update should work automaticly.

Reactions: EchoingZen

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Finally updated again (v0.2.0). Will make a changelog later.

To get the new quests in existing worlds, use the command "/bq_admin default load".
In future the update should work automaticly.
Did that, but I can't see any new quests? I think it said I completed one with a blank cast icon.