[1.7.10][WIP]Industry Gigant[BQ][GregTech+Rotarycraft]

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
My current issue: I can't make brownstone road because the chisel from TC is disabled, so I can't unlock town 3
Pulling this up to the front. Getting the rough brownstone from gravel + tin works, but the only recipe for the road uses the TC Chisel (Chisel chisel doesn't work for this), which isn't craftable.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Pulling this up to the front. Getting the rough brownstone from gravel + tin works, but the only recipe for the road uses the TC Chisel (Chisel chisel doesn't work for this), which isn't craftable.
I figured it out shortly after asking - you do get a few aluminum brass ingots, so can make a few TiCon tools, including the chisel. Just use them sparingly.

Problems I'm having now is with quest progression. I'm noticing it pretty significantly since I'm trying to avoid steam as personal preference, but... More enenrgy sources -> Biogass, needs a distillery, which needs a blade rod, which is the tier 3 materials trade (after EBF). Also, most of my aluminium dust sources are gated after you make the aluminium - there's no sapphire to electrolyze, and you can't get aluminium ore. I like the idea of trading for things, but a lot of common ores seem gated deeply (and bauxite no longer has aluminium with it).

Much more importantly, lead isn't the only metal with duplicates. Nickel too; can't make invar or cupronickel, which is a hard progression block at LV.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
It actually is 5 fluids that fail. Found the bug and fixed it. Will take care of the bunch of other "small" things and release another update later today.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, looking more closely, how do I get aluminium? I have my EBF, but I can't cook aluminium, because I have no dust. I also haven't unlocked the quest for it because it needs the cutting machine, which needs cobalt brass, which needs aluminium. What am I missing?

Ormusn2o

Jul 29, 2019
It actually is 5 fluids that fail. Found the bug and fixed it. Will take care of the bunch of other "small" things and release another update later today.

Whats the policy for texture packs? Can i just post one that i made in the thread?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, post texture packs. If they are good and others want it i will add links like that to the first post.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to Industry Gigant 0.5.0

Industry Gigant 0.5.0
Added JSON Loot Bags

Expoding GT machines now drop contained Items. Makes licence loss much less likely.
Fix some alloys not working in smeltery.
Add TinAlloy to smeltery.
Disabled RC Rolling Bench.
Finish Void World mode.
Fix blaze rod processing exploid.
Added quests for first Aluminium and Blaze.
Added new Trades.
Added almost all ore trade licence quests.

Main change, the Skyblock mode is now finished (I hope, only tested the first 5min).

C

cooleb09

Updated to Industry Gigant 0.5.0

Industry Gigant 0.5.0
Added JSON Loot Bags

Expoding GT machines now drop contained Items. Makes licence loss much less likely.
Fix some alloys not working in smeltery.
Add TinAlloy to smeltery.
Disabled RC Rolling Bench.
Finish Void World mode.
Fix blaze rod processing exploid.
Added quests for first Aluminium and Blaze.
Added new Trades.
Added almost all ore trade licence quests.

Main change, the Skyblock mode is now finished (I hope, only tested the first 5min).

Is there a way to set up 'incremental updates', i.e have the changes only been made in your IGCore mod, or do I need to re-download the whole pack.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, hopefully I'll be able to get v0.5.0 tomorrow morning!

In other news, I have now reached first MV power with the use of 4 IE waterwheels. First aluminum was painful to get. Incredibly so. (Looking at the change log, it would seem that's been fixed. Good.)

I also accidentally lost one of my trade licenses, so had to cheat it back in... Any chance of having a few quests to be able to get new/multiple copies of a license at a reasonably high price?

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to set up 'incremental updates', i.e have the changes only been made in your IGCore mod, or do I need to re-download the whole pack.
I am grabbing them with git from github (https://github.com/Blood-Asp/IndustryGigant) that way I only have to download the actual difference between the versions.

I currently have a large boiler and finally managed to fix all the issues (it is great that duct tape isn't longer the only way to fix a broken circuit board) and are looking into fuel consumption for it. According to the ic2 wiki the large boiler eats one coal a second, which with imeng. coke ovens would mean 50 of them per boiler. Anyone has a better idea on how to fuel a boiler?

Also solved all my water issues, a gregtech drain attached to a pipe in a river does the job perfectly. Now if only using gregtech fluid pipes wouldn't feel like shovelling pudding into a swimming pool...

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I've got to be a moron. Bronze plated blast furnace. You need it to be a 3x3 base and 3 hollow 3x3 rings on top of it. One of those layers having the controller. Am I missing something? Cause mine is not forming or working at all

Edit: yep... I'm a moron... can't have it inside. Whoops

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've got to be a moron. Bronze plated blast furnace. You need it to be a 3x3 base and 3 hollow 3x3 rings on top of it. One of those layers having the controller. Am I missing something? Cause mine is not forming or working at all

Edit: yep... I'm a moron... can't have it inside. Whoops

Might have just been that you need to have an air block above the hole at the top (unless Blood has changed something).