[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

xMythix

Jul 29, 2019
I am enjoying the modpack so far. :) However, I have been playing around with mekanism power gen and it doesn't seem to be balanced quite right.
The electrolyic separator requires 1600 RF/t and the Gas generators produce 800 RF/t. It appears that one separator can support 2 gas generators, so the net power gen is a big whopping 0! It would be a net negative if I use the electric pump (but I opted to use an aqueous accumulator to provide the water, since it's energy consumption is 0)

Is this intended? The wiki for mekanism suggests that there should be a net positive power gain, however it doesn't give exact numbers.

It also doesn't give me a net hydrogen gain, which I was hoping to use to fill up my jetpack. :( Both gas gens use up every bit of hydrogen that the separator makes. BTW, I was in a test world and using the elite cables so that energy flow wouldn't be the restricting issue.

Atlas115

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had problems with commands? I keep trying to use commands like "/help" and it gives me this error - http://pastebin.com/6Px1SrPV
It think its something to do with my server permissions and not the pack just wondering if anyone has had this problem and how did they fix it. :)

TCzelusniak

Jul 29, 2019
I got a problem with crashing when I load an area, not really sure what was causing it. From the looks of the crash log I thought it had to do with connected textures, which left MFR stained glass, EnderIO painted glowstone, and Chisel lab blocks. I use the EnderIO blocks with Chisel blocks in one of my bases and it gives me no trouble with crashes, so I assumed it had to do with the MFR glass but I tore it all out and still crash when I reload the area. Not 100% sure what is going on, and I can't read crash logs as well as some of the other people here.

Pastee: https://pastee.org/4kwfr

Changes that I made to the modpack
Added:

Optionals:

ProjectRed
ProjectBlue
IC2
Gravisuite

Other, Non-Optionals
DamageIndicators
Aroma Backup
Aroma Core
MrCrayFish Furniture mod
Flans Mod
Cosmetic Armor

Removed:
Hunger Overhaul
EiraIRC

Edit 22:46 11/26/14
Spent a bit of time finding and taking out the glowstone that is connected textures to the lab blocks, and it seemed to have done the trick. Not sure what caused it, so if anyone wants to take a look at the crash log I'd really appreciate any insight.

Last edited:

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I am enjoying the modpack so far. :) However, I have been playing around with mekanism power gen and it doesn't seem to be balanced quite right.
The electrolyic separator requires 1600 RF/t and the Gas generators produce 800 RF/t. It appears that one separator can support 2 gas generators, so the net power gen is a big whopping 0! It would be a net negative if I use the electric pump (but I opted to use an aqueous accumulator to provide the water, since it's energy consumption is 0)

Is this intended? The wiki for mekanism suggests that there should be a net positive power gain, however it doesn't give exact numbers.

It also doesn't give me a net hydrogen gain, which I was hoping to use to fill up my jetpack. :( Both gas gens use up every bit of hydrogen that the separator makes. BTW, I was in a test world and using the elite cables so that energy flow wouldn't be the restricting issue.

From what I have been able to gather, yes, that is intended. The power required for the electrolytic separator was increased by the mod creator due to ore tripling with mekanism machines being too easy. If you want to use mekanism for power generation, look into using Ethylene with gas-powered generators. One little ethylene setup can supply ~70 gas-powered generators which would be 21000 RF/t. (you only get 300 RF/t per generator with ethylene)

In my opinion, big reactors is still currently the best way to go for power. Especially if you need a LOT of power. (like for powering the 12 laser drills I have running which require 240000 RF/t)

Reactions: Yulife and Odovbold

xMythix

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have been able to gather, yes, that is intended. The power required for the electrolytic separator was increased by the mod creator due to ore tripling with mekanism machines being too easy. If you want to use mekanism for power generation, look into using Ethylene with gas-powered generators. One little ethylene setup can supply ~70 gas-powered generators which would be 21000 RF/t. (you only get 300 RF/t per generator with ethylene)

In my opinion, big reactors is still currently the best way to go for power. Especially if you need a LOT of power. (like for powering the 12 laser drills I have running which require 240000 RF/t)

Thanks so much for that info! I was hoping the gas generator setup would run a few machines and give me some hydrogen for my jetpack, but it seems that is impossible. It's completely useless to run as it is configured in the pack at the moment. The ethylene setup looks interesting, but I agree with you, Big Reactors seems to be the best way to go. I'm not familiar with the steam powered mod (flaxbeard's) so I may look into that as well for some power gen. I'm just starting up the world, so my options at the moment are limited.

ACCBDD

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this modpack! One problem, though. I was hosting a server for me and a buddy, but all of a sudden, the server freezes up! Everytime I restart the server, the server freezes right before unloading all of the dimensions. There is no crash report. I think it's something to do with the world file. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

EDIT: I've fixed it! I took a copy of the world files, made a schematic of the chunks I needed, and pasted it into an identical seeded world!

Last edited:

ChickenOdestiny9

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to join any WLR servers. it gives me this:

Attachments

• 2014-11-27_19.20.52.png
    2014-11-27_19.20.52.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 76

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to join any WLR servers. it gives me this:
Usually this means you have to enable all optional mods, such as Project Red (all parts), and a few others by the look of the list. I use MultiMC to run this pack, loads a bit quicker and smoother for me. Try enabling ALL optional mods, excluding duplicate minimaps etc.

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this modpack! One problem, though. I was hosting a server for me and a buddy, but all of a sudden, the server freezes up! Everytime I restart the server, the server freezes right before unloading all of the dimensions. There is no crash report. I think it's something to do with the world file. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

EDIT: I've fixed it! I took a copy of the world files, made a schematic of the chunks I needed, and pasted it into an identical seeded world!
Could have been a corrupt chunk constantly being loaded up. Whenever I am on a server I always suggest the admin disable all chunk-loading blocks for this reason. If you have some chunk constantly being loaded, you'll never find the problem.

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Could have been a corrupt chunk constantly being loaded up. Whenever I am on a server I always suggest the admin disable all chunk-loading blocks for this reason. If you have some chunk constantly being loaded, you'll never find the problem.

I think I have a bad chunk, whenever I try to log in to my server, it crashes with this error https://pastee.org/jwhrt . My friend can log in and play without the server crashing. How can I fix it?

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Remove the chunk with McEdit.

I removed the chunk and several around it, but when I loaded into the world I again got the same crash. Luckily, the affected area was about 1.5km away from our base. I went ahead and just moved my character back to spawn and was able to load into the world successfully. It looks like that chunk is blowing up everytime when it is being generated. For now I'm just going to avoid that area. Thanks for the tip about McEdit, it did make it easy to move my player and remove chunks.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
@Yulife
FYI, the server download for v1.1.4 is missing the Waila mod. While Waila is not necessary on the server, it does give a lot more info to the client with it on the server. There are other mods that are in the client for v1.1.4 that could go on the server but I'm not sure if any of those give any benefits for being on the server. Waila is the only one i'm certain of.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
@Yulife
FYI, the server download for v1.1.4 is missing the Waila mod. While Waila is not necessary on the server, it does give a lot more info to the client with it on the server. There are other mods that are in the client for v1.1.4 that could go on the server but I'm not sure if any of those give any benefits for being on the server. Waila is the only one i'm certain of.
Thanks for the tip. I would be curious about other client sided mods that give benefits as well!