[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've discovered a bug.

When my Tinker's Construct tools are leveling up 'make ding' there tooltip say 'incorect metadata, need to upgrade'.

First I tink it's a flint tool bug but recently copper tool made the same.

Recently Yulife say that he didn't make any quest for ars magica because this mod has no future.

I hope he remove it in the next update '1,1,6 ?'.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

danidas

Jul 29, 2019

When my Tinker's Construct tools are leveling up 'make ding' there tooltip say 'incorect metadata, need to upgrade'.

That is from Iguana Tweaks and will occur with any tinkers tool that gets the diamond augment or any others that raise mining level. As they are normally disabled by the mod to force you to level up the mining level via it's xp system or upgrading the tool head. Luckily when it happens all you need to do is place the tool in your crafting area and it will revert the mining level upgrade as it refreshes the tools stats.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019

Recently Yulife say that he didn't make any quest for ars magica because this mod has no future.

I hope he remove it in the next update '1,1,6 ?'.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk
I wish I could remove AM2 right now. However, it is not as easy as it sounds like. Tearing away such a big mod will, 100%, make problems. Some examples...
#1 World.. holes: Due to AM2 spawning ores, trees, plants and so on there will be random spots of empty both in underground and overground parts of the world.
#2 Scripts/Tabula Rasa: AM2 was highly integrated into the game using Mine/Modtweaker as well as Tabula Rasa so removing those things will take quite a while, especially finding a replacement for some things.
#3 HQM: You may say that AM2 had no quests in the quest book, however, for almost every mod, there are items and blocks scattered all around in the rewards and quests which requires me to go through the book completly. Tedious, but the least painful thing.

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
Although AM2 dev is stopping, I don't see why it should be removed form the pack in the future. I for one, love it as the spells you can create are pretty amazing. Also, they can make for some fun PVP times on servers!

Reactions: RehabOholic

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Although AM2 dev is stopping, I don't see why it should be removed form the pack in the future. I for one, love it as the spells you can create are pretty amazing. Also, they can make for some fun PVP times on servers!
It is a weird situation, he is stopping but at the same time he is not. iirc he will make a last, "stable" version for AM2 which I will surely test once it is out. But at the moment, there are more not useable features than actually useable ones.

Reactions: capSAR273

Recaran

Jul 29, 2019
If I delete HEE will that affect any of the quests or the ability for people to join a server?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
If I delete HEE will that affect any of the quests or the ability for people to join a server?
Highly. Both AM2 and HEE are incoorperated into Quests, Tabula Rasa, HQM so that WILL cause problems. Here are the reasons in detail:
I wish I could remove AM2 right now. However, it is not as easy as it sounds like. Tearing away such a big mod will, 100%, make problems. Some examples...
#1 World.. holes: Due to AM2 spawning ores, trees, plants and so on there will be random spots of empty both in underground and overground parts of the world.
#2 Scripts/Tabula Rasa: AM2 was highly integrated into the game using Mine/Modtweaker as well as Tabula Rasa so removing those things will take quite a while, especially finding a replacement for some things.
#3 HQM: You may say that AM2 had no quests in the quest book, however, for almost every mod, there are items and blocks scattered all around in the rewards and quests which requires me to go through the book completly. Tedious, but the least painful thing.

Recaran

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I see. I guess i'll have to somehow restrict players from entering the end. Thanks for the info.

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
How do you finish the "Pickpocketing Endermen" quest? (The one where you have to get an ender backpack from a frienderman.)

I've got the backpack, but it seems impossible to obtain as an item, which the quest requires. Cheating one in makes it appear on the ground, and breaking it with anything destroys the backpack with no drop.

Edit: Oh, seems like the backpacks are just teleporting around, not being destroyed.

Last edited:

sealingpizza

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there no way to transport RF? What happened to the normal thermal expansion cables? I couldn't even find the regular cables in NEI.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there no way to transport RF? What happened to the normal thermal expansion cables? I couldn't even find the regular cables in NEI.

They were removed from the minecraft 1.7.10 version of Thermal Expansion to be fully reworked. As they had quite a few issues in the past including the lag inducing FML integration. It appears that the Extra Utilities dev is working with the TE devs to redo them and is releasing teasers. Rest assured that the wait for their return is very much worth it.

In the mean time use the many alternatives from other mods such as ender IO's tubes, buildcraft (which now uses RF instead of MJ), extra utilites tubes/nodes, Mekanism cables, etc...

Reactions: Yulife and Odovbold

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
How do you finish the "Pickpocketing Endermen" quest? (The one where you have to get an ender backpack from a frienderman.)

I've got the backpack, but it seems impossible to obtain as an item, which the quest requires. Cheating one in makes it appear on the ground, and breaking it with anything destroys the backpack with no drop.

Edit: Oh, seems like the backpacks are just teleporting around, not being destroyed.
You actually don't kill the Friendermen to get the backpack, you need to ... trade with them :) Trade backpacks, ya know.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a mod suggestion:

Cosmetic Armor
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...etic-armor-v1-0-1-because-its-important-to-be

Its a just released mod that gives you a set of cosmetic armor slots that will display whats in them on your character instead of what your really wearing. In other words any armor placed in the slots will replace what your wearing display wise but not stat wise. As you do not benefit in any way from the armor in the cosmetic slots as they offer no stats or effects.

Basically you could be wearing a full suit of diamond armor but with this mod you could make it look like your wearing dyed leather armor or some other suit of armor. Which is great for people that like the appearance of one set of armor but the stats of another.

Reactions: Yulife

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, does the game always crash when you enter the end now? Or is this just like, a once-in-a-while thing? I haven't gone in there in a while.

Reactions: UrNotFunny

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
What disabled mods are needed for the quests? ic2+addons, projectRed, projectBlue?
Optional mods have no quests. They have Mine/Modtweaker integration, however, those are in the "optional" folder in the "scripts" folder so you have to enable them manually.

Ghennkins

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm having a bit of an issue with WLR. I searched the thread first but didn't see were it was mentioned.

When I add Optifine to the pack it breaks a number of textures. Pools of Ars Magica essence have no texture and other blocks and items show as the magenta and black checkerboard square in NEI. If I remove Optifine, everything displays correctly.

Is there any way to use Optifine without it breaking textures? I use it largely for the extra texture pack features (with Conquest resource pack) and it is required to be installed or you get texture errors. So, if I use Optifine, it breaks mod textures. If I don't, it breaks pack textures. =[

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm having a bit of an issue with WLR. I searched the thread first but didn't see were it was mentioned.

When I add Optifine to the pack it breaks a number of textures. Pools of Ars Magica essence have no texture and other blocks and items show as the magenta and black checkerboard square in NEI. If I remove Optifine, everything displays correctly.

Is there any way to use Optifine without it breaking textures? I use it largely for the extra texture pack features (with Conquest resource pack) and it is required to be installed or you get texture errors. So, if I use Optifine, it breaks mod textures. If I don't, it breaks pack textures. =[
Use Forge... 1232 I think.