[1.7.10] Void of Magic/Tech: A world torn in two [0.3.2] [2016-09-19] [Discontinued]

Would you join a pair of servers running this pack if someone else set them up?

• No, your modpack looks stupid and you should feel stupid!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Progress update 0.3.1:
Over the last week, I have been working on repairing the qCraft file save system. It was broken and obsolete as heck, which caused entangled blocks and inter-server portal validations to reset on random moments and server restarts. The weird thing is that that only seemed to happen on servers. Well, that got repaired and is stable, so it is safe to take items with you between servers now.
Apart from that I made a few fixes to minor major problems, like the gold ingot being uncraftable which must have been caused by the Void of OP script, but which I couldn't actually find in the scripts.

Anyways, right now I am testing the mods for the next update. Some 20 mods will be updated and I will attempt to add the following mods: The Betweenlands (yes, epic), Soul Shards Reborn, Chromaticicraft (which looks epic but seems to be rather resource-heavy as well).
After this I will have to do the basic configs for the new mods and make sure that RTG does not generate the Chromaticcraft biomes.
After that, I will have to do the specific configs for the magic and tech world.
Once I finish that last step, I should be ready to test both sides on a new set of servers and if that works out, It's ready for release.

I hope to see you in a few days.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Chromaticicraft (which looks epic but seems to be rather resource-heavy as well).
Remember to note that Chromaticraft is heavily dependant on exploration/worldgen, and thus requires new chunks to be made use of. Can also really lag the server if the chunks are not pre-generated

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I've tested it and believe me, I know it is rather resource heavy.
And so are the Betweenlands.

Luckily I will be including Forge Essentials to the server downloads to make terrain pregeneration easier.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Well, turns out Chromaticraft is not going to be a thing in the pack. It's not configurable enough.
And I am going to have to take a week or more to catch up on some other work, so the pack update will have to wait. :/

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean to be negative to them, but never rely on getting a positive response from Reika.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So I just had a chance to speak with Reika on Teamspeak.

The short answer: While you can't stop the chromatiCraft structure from generating, you can remove them. This will leave air pockets behind, but will prevent any structures, loot chests, and pylons/nodes.

The more detailed answer: You will want to use a mod that replaces a bunch of blocks with air. Custom Ore Gen is what I'd recommend -- it works, and surprisingly, you can make a custom config that won't alter the ores in the world at all, but just does a substitute for a bunch of blocks into air.

You'd want to change things like shielding stone, shielding clock, chromatic stone, loot chests, pylon nodes, etc -- all the blocks that make up the structures.

Now, the disadvantage: This won't remove the air pockets that were made when these structures were placed. So you'll have some holes in the ground, kinda like strange tiny caves.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
This is a message to the players on the Void of Servers. Khenal, @ShootingDragon , Tsavo22 and MyRedeemerLives.
Because I previously made a mistake in the configs, which unsynched the item IDs on both servers, I will have to reset both servers. Sorry about that, but otherwise the portals will be out of sync forever.
I will do so today, while also updating them to version 0.3.1 of the pack (the Feed the Beast launcher still needs to update to this version).

Oh and there is a new set of two servers online at IP:
167.114.41.255 = Void of Tech (magic world)
158.69.172.168 = Void of Magic (tech world)

@keybounce I'll get back to you after I finish this.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a point of information: You can copy the item mapping database from one of the world level.dat files to the other one.

In fact, you could copy the level.dat file over, and then fix the seed and spawn location data.

T

Tsavo22

This is a message to the players on the Void of Servers. Khenal, @ShootingDragon , Tsavo22 and MyRedeemerLives.
Because I previously made a mistake in the configs, which unsynched the item IDs on both servers, I will have to reset both servers. Sorry about that, but otherwise the portals will be out of sync forever.
I will do so today, while also updating them to version 0.3.1 of the pack (the Feed the Beast launcher still needs to update to this version).

Oh and there is a new set of two servers online at IP:
167.114.41.255 = Void of Tech (magic world)
158.69.172.168 = Void of Magic (tech world)

@keybounce I'll get back to you after I finish this.

thats cool, will you be updating ftb soon or is it best just to download it here?

Also really Cool mod-pack, are you think of adding more worlds/sever? would be cool to have some challenge world to fight boss's or explore for custom end item components that can't be found else where, even better if either world had to fight over them like capture the flag.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Released beta version 0.3.1:
-Added 3 mods: ElectroMagic Tools, MumbleLink, Soul Shards Reborn and The Betweenlands.
-Updated 18 other mods.
-Finetuned the configs of these mods if needed.
-Removed NEI Plugins

-Nerfed the EnderIO mob spawner crafting cost greatly, to make the SSR ones more attractive.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
So I just had a chance to speak with Reika on Teamspeak.

The short answer: While you can't stop the chromatiCraft structure from generating, you can remove them. This will leave air pockets behind, but will prevent any structures, loot chests, and pylons/nodes.

The more detailed answer: You will want to use a mod that replaces a bunch of blocks with air. Custom Ore Gen is what I'd recommend -- it works, and surprisingly, you can make a custom config that won't alter the ores in the world at all, but just does a substitute for a bunch of blocks into air.

If I find more mods that I'd want to add, that have structures that can not be disabled, I'll take a look at Custom Ore Gen. It's a really good idea, but right now, I simply don't see the charm of having weirdly shaped ruin stamps in the landscape. Also, CC would be the biggest mod in a pack that should be small. It is bigger in file size than The Betweenlands and for as far as I can see it doesn't offer much more than Thaumcraft, so I don't really see why. And it has some pretty CPU intensive render fanciness. And I don't have permission to use it and may never get it.
Chromaticraft... maybe later, but not now.

Just as a point of information: You can copy the item mapping database from one of the world level.dat files to the other one.
In fact, you could copy the level.dat file over, and then fix the seed and spawn location data.

I knew this and technically could have done so. That'd still have meant I needed to reset one of both worlds though, because in-world items or blocks with NBT data mismatching the level.dat is something you absolutely don't want. (Crashes!) Also, both worlds use a different terrain generator, which is something else I should have needed to change in the level.dat
Anyway, since there weren't a lot of players yet and the player that had progressed the furthest was the one who first noticed this and I discussed this reset with a while back, I didn't go through the trouble of editing NBT files.

A hard reset also made it possible to connect the alternative Accursed VoMT servers with the new pair of official Ownage VoMT servers.

thats cool, will you be updating ftb soon or is it best just to download it here?

Also really Cool mod-pack, are you think of adding more worlds/sever? would be cool to have some challenge world to fight boss's or explore for custom end item components that can't be found else where, even better if either world had to fight over them like capture the flag.

FTB should be updated now, but there seems to be some trouble that is out of my hands.

I am not thinking of more servers right now, but that stuff is a possibility I have been thinking about. I'd really need some more time or development team members for that though.
If you have any ideas on other config/script sets that might be interesting, please let me know and I'll write them down for future reference.

The "Big Game" thought behind this pack is: "A network of servers that all have something unique to offer."
This thought can be broader than Minecraft. It would be nice if someone made a game with this idea behind it.

T

Tsavo22

Sound pretty sweet. It would be nice to get some starting gear depend on the world you starting as some of the mod (like ars magica and magic bees) require exploration/gathering to find materials that are quite rare in order to get start that can be hard to find when on large severs.

----

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Dear people, supporters of my modpack,

I am sad to say this, but I will have to put this project on hold for a while.
Life has caught up with me and I won't have time to update the pack's mods or solve issues for a while.

If you'd like to update the mods yourself, here is a list with the official download locations for all the mods in the pack. (or at least the ones I used)
The list also states when I last updated the mods in the pack, however it may contain more mods than the pack itself does.

Regards,
One very sorry Robijnvogel

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Released beta version 0.3.2:
-Updated splash image to something a bit fancier
-Added Autopackager
-Updated 31 other mods.
-Removed Yampst, because they took their service offline and the mod is useless without that.
-Added a default Key-config
Configs:
-Finetuned the config changes of some updated mods if needed.
-Disabled/nerfed Nuclearcraft mobs
-Disabled AM2 progressive compendium

Todo:
-Completely disable Betweenlands Circles in VoM world if possible
-Remap Potion and Enchantment IDs if needed
-Get Forestry butterflies to spawn at all if possible
-There was something wrong with Forge Eseentials Graves, but I don't know what anymore?
-Find the cause of the crash with the Skeleton and Zombies enchantments if it still happens

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Here is the long awaited visualisation of the Void of Ore Processing script-and-config set.
p0Kx8TF.png

Reactions: jdog1408