[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Use steve carts, easily automated, cheap, they're great :D
There's a questline about this mod, just make an iron hull, woodcutter, coal engine, and storages. You'll need to feed it coal cause you can't use solar panels, but you can add a smelter in it to directly smelt the wood you collect. Add a fertilizer for once you have a good mob spawner setup and loads of bone meal. Then you assemble it in the required machine (don't remember the name), feed it coal, and wait ~30min.
Then you can make a track, add a machine and some special rails to interact with the cart ( the names are weird, i really dont remember them :D ) and add your cart. You can then toggle or not the smelter if you want charcoal for your cart, or wood. You can even make a second track/cart to collect wood, while the first provide charcoal.
Easy ! :p
You can also go check the website, it is pretty well done.

Which website is it? I see two.. Steve Carts and Steve Carts 2.

Also what/how is the villager breeding mechanic in this pack done?

*** I am about to remove progressive automation from ym save it ruined my world I CTD upon load and it is cause of it. Funny how I only -had_ a small tree farm but took it down after first crash. Kind sucks trying to fight the crash for an hour and hope it loads.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowShock35

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem, how get glowstone? By the NEI the only way to get glowstone is in a smeltery with glowstone dust and glass, but the glowstone dust has a bug, consumes lava and stay forever melting.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
It has been awhile and I am not seeing how to make a tree farm and a food farm 100% automated.

For a tree farm, I use the PA machine with an unbreakable axe (or mattock, not sure). The machine has a range of only 1 so it only ever plants 1 tree. Next to it, I have an autonomous activator applying bonemeal. To get the unbreakable tool I used magic wood to get a whole heap of modifiers (for Reinforced). Thanks to FunshineX for the magical wood tip :)

For the food farm, I am use Ender IO's farming station in a large cube. I do not use the cube sides for transport, I have a tesseract under the station.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
For a tree farm, I use the PA machine with an unbreakable axe (or mattock, not sure). The machine has a range of only 1 so it only ever plants 1 tree. Next to it, I have an autonomous activator applying bonemeal. To get the unbreakable tool I used magic wood to get a whole heap of modifiers (for Reinforced). Thanks to FunshineX for the magical wood tip :)

For the food farm, I am use Ender IO's farming station in a large cube. I do not use the cube sides for transport, I have a tesseract under the station.

How do you make the unbreakable tools? I haven't figured out how to get unstable ingots either.

Also..can you auto breed villagers? Also my plot of land which is more than 24 blocks away (50) has spawned no animals.

Also how do I use the ocean CPM? It spawns no squids, if I take some water out so I can stand on dirt will that be okay?

Also whats a good power source (besides big reactors..not even ready for that yet resource wise)

Last edited:

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
Which website is it? I see two.. Steve Carts and Steve Carts 2.

Also what/how is the villager breeding mechanic in this pack done?

*** I am about to remove progressive automation from ym save it ruined my world I CTD upon load and it is cause of it. Funny how I only -had_ a small tree farm but took it down after first crash. Kind sucks trying to fight the crash for an hour and hope it loads.
It's Steve Carts 2.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
how to get yellow dye (or red) ? different biomes no flowers .. 3 dandelion in one of te cubes but i nead more to make mankini

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make the unbreakable tools? I haven't figured out how to get unstable ingots either.

Also..can you auto breed villagers? Also my plot of land which is more than 24 blocks away (50) has spawned no animals.

Also how do I use the ocean CPM? It spawns no squids, if I take some water out so I can stand on dirt will that be okay?

Also whats a good power source (besides big reactors..not even ready for that yet resource wise)

If you make a tinkers tool out of magical wood it will have 9 modifiers. Melt obsidian and make large plates. Eacht plate adds a level of reinforced to the tool. So you can get reinforced 9 with the plates. Then simple level the tool a bit on some zombies or whater until you get a new modifief slot. You can also get more reinforced levels when levelling the tools. This saves on obsidian.

As for the magical wood. Someone here in this form said you can use enchanted items (from mob trap) to create the magical wood, this is a huge help!

For power I stuck with a single survival generator until I could build a 'small' big reactor.

For breeding villagers you could try to break the roof of the village cube by growing greatwood trees. If you get a large enough hole in the roof you could get more 'village houses'. I have not tried this so its all theory crafting.

I got squid to spawn in the deep dark by simply making a small 2 (or 3?) deep pool.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Magical wood for both axe head and tool rod and use obsidian plate until reinforce 7, then swap the rod to obsidian rod...I think that's a cheaper way to get unbreakable than 9 large obsidian plate.
*just my 2 cents

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Only mob trap I have is cursed soil =/

Magical wood for both axe head and tool rod and use obsidian plate until reinforce 7, then swap the rod to obsidian rod...I think that's a cheaper way to get unbreakable than 9 large obsidian plate.
*just my 2 cents
If you make a tinkers tool out of magical wood it will have 9 modifiers. Melt obsidian and make large plates. Eacht plate adds a level of reinforced to the tool. So you can get reinforced 9 with the plates. Then simple level the tool a bit on some zombies or whater until you get a new modifief slot. You can also get more reinforced levels when levelling the tools. This saves on obsidian.

As for the magical wood. Someone here in this form said you can use enchanted items (from mob trap) to create the magical wood, this is a huge help!

For power I stuck with a single survival generator until I could build a 'small' big reactor.

For breeding villagers you could try to break the roof of the village cube by growing greatwood trees. If you get a large enough hole in the roof you could get more 'village houses'. I have not tried this so its all theory crafting.

I got squid to spawn in the deep dark by simply making a small 2 (or 3?) deep pool.

I tried to do what you mentioned to make magical wood, I must be missing something because I can't do what you said in this text.

**I am stupid I didn't realize yea were talking about the actual recipe! Can you use enchant items or just enchanted books?

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Only mob trap I have is cursed soil =/

I tried to do what you mentioned to make magical wood, I must be missing something because I can't do what you said in this text.

**I am stupid I didn't realize yea were talking about the actual recipe! Can you use enchant items or just enchanted books?
Yes, the items work as well. And even with a cursed earth mob trap you will have probably gotten some damaged enchanted items.

carlwheeser

Jul 29, 2019
Another question. How is one supposed to get yellow dye for the So Kawaii Mankini for the quest that requires you craft the three kinds of mankinis? Thanks!

~carlwheeser (Jake)

carlwheeser

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I want to re-ask my question about the "Turret Configuration" quest. To complete it, there is a detect task for Bedrock. How do you acquire said bedrock? Do you need an Awakened Ichorium Pick? One thing I heard is that it actually wants Bedrockium. If so, is it an ingot or a block? Thanks!

~carlwheeser (Jake)

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
Another question. How is one supposed to get yellow dye for the So Kawaii Mankini for the quest that requires you craft the three kinds of mankinis? Thanks!

~carlwheeser (Jake)

Villager cube had 3 yellow flowers in it...was enough for that dye, and to mix for orange, if I recall.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019

Unstable ingots are made using an activated division sigil in between a diamond and an iron ingot - the tricky bit is that you only have 10 seconds to use the ingots or they will blow up! there is a more expensive recipe to make nuggets 9 of which can then be made into an ingot which wont blow up, each nugget costs a diamond and a gold nugget.
Villagers - the only method I can be sure of is curing zombie villagers - theres no sun - no way to use village mechanics to breed more. Weakness potion and golden apple iirc.
I got squids in a 2 deep pool under lvl 47 - most of the cubes need emptying completely and using for other purposes, putting all the cubes inside one cube really helps to stop the game slowing down as they all take you to the same dimension.
Found animals really hard to spawn, I must have been too close cos they spawned once I moved the plot further away. They do spawn eventually!
For power I used the gennies I built for quests, survivalist and culinary.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the items work as well. And even with a cursed earth mob trap you will have probably gotten some damaged enchanted items.

Actually found the fluid transposer and liquid XP to be the easiest way to do this.

What are you suppose to do with the ocean biome compact machine (besides get the buried chest)? I have seen no squid spawn at all (like my grass plot for animals 50 blocks away lol).

Also for the dungeon, I assume it has spawners. What is the best way to save or use them?

I just broke them all and turned quest in. Now I need a non broken one to put over the cursed Earth..screwed myself?

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know if Steve's factory manager can see Ender IO's farming station as an inventory?

I am trying to find an elegant way to keep enough blueberry seeds in stock in the farming station. Since harvesting the blueberries does not yield seeds the farming station keeps running out and destroying plants when harvesting.

Also, can Steve's factory manager output into a tesseract?

Sucks to be at work, lol

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know if Steve's factory manager can see Ender IO's farming station as an inventory?

I am trying to find an elegant way to keep enough blueberry seeds in stock in the farming station. Since harvesting the blueberries does not yield seeds the farming station keeps running out and destroying plants when harvesting.

Sucks to be at work, lol
Steve's factory manager works with everything. You just need to make a machine inventory manager and inventory cables connected to it and to your desired bloc.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

Sucks to be at work, lol

I haven't tried it with Ender IO before but it should work and it should be able to output into a tesseract no problem.