[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know how i can get the components for orange dye? i have more than enough red but i lack the yellow and i cant seem to get any flowers at all using bone meal on grass.

Reactions: SnowShock35

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this modpack.

Having an issue with the "Open Your Eyes" quest in Thaumcraft. The one to scan everything. For some reason it's not detecting the Raw Chicken, even though I have 2 in my inventory, have scanned it, and have tried manual detect. Everything else has been recognized.

I'm gonna use HQM Edit to get past it, but just wanted to put it out there.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
How come the spawner (blaze) in the nether compact machine doesn't spawn mobs inside OR outside. I even made a creative world and used a diamond dolly to move it to the roof to see if its due to mob count (btw how do you kill all besides trying to yourself) and it still didn't spawn any blazes?

On version that ends with .15

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
How come the spawner (blaze) in the nether compact machine doesn't spawn mobs inside OR outside. I even made a creative world and used a diamond dolly to move it to the roof to see if its due to mob count (btw how do you kill all besides trying to yourself) and it still didn't spawn any blazes?

On version that ends with .15
That spawner is bugged. Break it and stick it in a powered spawner (Ender IO).

rg2796

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far, but where are people finding cocoa beans? I have no idea where I'm supposed to get them.
I also had problems with that. I finally managed too get some from breaking grass( I don`t know if it has a small drop chance or if I was unlucky nut it took about half of stack of bonemeal)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Bonemeal grass blocks for most seeds.

Any good setups for killing them afterwards?
Put the spawner in a low room (2 high) and make sure there are not other possible spawn locations (i.e. 2 thick high ceiling etc). Use fans to move them towards a killing slot. Then use spikes to auto kill or manually kill them.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Any good setups for killing them afterwards?

Spawn room with fans to push all mobs (including blazes) into a 3x3 hole in the center.
eqDbHWHh.png

Mobs drop down and get killed by spikes. Vacuum hopper to collect items and xp.
PREvkUHh.png

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this modpack.

Having an issue with the "Open Your Eyes" quest in Thaumcraft. The one to scan everything. For some reason it's not detecting the Raw Chicken, even though I have 2 in my inventory, have scanned it, and have tried manual detect. Everything else has been recognized.

I'm gonna use HQM Edit to get past it, but just wanted to put it out there.

This quest is a bite hard to complete if you dont know how the scanning mechanics works in thaumcraft 4.2.

The items order given in the quest is not working, you need to scan other things in order to scan those requested.
To scan, for example, a torch, which is made of lux aspect, you must have scanned the aspect used to create lux. Here, ignis + aer = lux. These are primal aspects so you already have these and are able to scan torch and discover lux aspect.

Now, if you want to scan grass, made of herba, you need to know terra, a primal aspect, and victus, a compound aspect made of aqua + terra. So, to scan grass, you need to scan something made of victus, an egg for instance, before.

And you may do so to discover every single aspect, and then you'll be able to scan everything and get loads of aspects, cause you WILL need a lot :D
I suggest you to use wikis to find them all ! http://ftbwiki.org/List_of_Aspects_(Thaumcraft_4.2)
( Just ignores aspects added by other mods, here there's just thaumcraft + thaumic tinkerer )

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
how do you mass produce silverwood?
you need 2500 logs and you only get 4 saplings, and unless that is changed i believe silverwood trees dont drop enough saplings to get that many logs.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
i just discovered a broken way to get tons of ender pearls verry fast.
the warp book uses ender pearls as fuel and tracks its fuel as a damage value.
using the thaumic repairer you can "repair" it and that will fill it with 16 ender pearls for only a few points of instrumentum.
someone should probably fix this.