[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt complete all of the "Supplying the masses" quest and thought that completing the chapter unlocks the last chapter. I built the Portal before i completed all of the Quests of that Chapter. Now i have to cheat a Portal.

I thought i have to start again in the Overworld like building all the machines and the Portal.

Reactions: SnowShock35

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt complete all of the "Supplying the masses" quest and thought that completing the chapter unlocks the last chapter. I built the Portal before i completed all of the Quests of that Chapter. Now i have to cheat a Portal.

I thought i have to start again in the Overworld like building all the machines and the Portal.
Oh you could do that ... but imagine how much time it would take you X)
You could have guessed by crafting another portal but mine took 4 hours to make : 2 hours of magic and 2 hours for 1 ludicrite block. Or you could create entangled singularities from Applied energistic to use your AE system in the overworld.

For the last chapter, i dont think completing all the quest will unlock it. Sometimes, you need special actions or items to unlock a quest/chapter with hqm. And since the name of this chapter is "shadowed secrets", i guess it is hidden somewhere -_- .

QuiOui

Jul 29, 2019
After I updated to 1.1.15 my lighting has changed from what it was. Torches used to give off the same light as redstone torches but now they give out the normal value, and glowstone blocks give off very little if none. Is there a config somewhere I need to reset or change?

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
How do people handle the tools for the miners/woodcutters?

I've lost a "clumsy+" steel pickage with moss 3 on the PA miner already.. Is there a way to automate the repairing etc? - Or more importantly to pump out when the pick is nearly broken?

EDIT: I don't see version 1.1.15 yet though.... When will it become public? - oh and can you please lower the amount of those weird mob names? I have no idea but their annoying naming scheme breaks the immersiveness of minecraft. And worst: they make no sound at all so you can be surrounded quickly.

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019

I've lost a "clumsy+" steel pickage with moss 3 on the PA miner already.. Is there a way to automate the repairing etc? - Or more importantly to pump out when the pick is nearly broken?

EDIT: I don't see version 1.1.15 yet though.... When will it become public? - oh and can you please lower the amount of those weird mob names? I have no idea but their annoying naming scheme breaks the immersiveness of minecraft. And worst: they make no sound at all so you can be surrounded quickly.

When the pick is broken it will go into the collected items slot, so you can pump is out automatically. But to repair you have to do it yourself i guess, i don't know if there's another way ...
If you want a better way to automate a wood farm, you can use steve's cart, it's kinda hard to understand first but really easy and usefull in fact.
And for mining, just make a hammer from tinker's contruct and go mine a bit, it's enought before the hot stuff :D

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019

Make the tools out of Magical Wood - they will have 9 modifiers! Add one more either through leveling it up or with a gold block + diamond and then add 10 obsidian plates will make it Unbreakable

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

Make the tools Unbreakable.

Start with Obsidian Rod + Wooden Head, that way you need a very low amount of experience per level. Then go out and chop the heads off of skeletons and zombies. (Or if you have a mob farm, design it so that you can hit their heads.) That does 100 damage = 100 xp, a few kills this way and you have another level.

Another way (haven't tried it yet, but there were a couple of posts that it works), put an RF Upgrade on the tools. Then a Wireless Charger within 32 blocks and it will keep the power on the tool in the PA machine up. If you have a miner somewhere far away, use a tesseract to transport the items and supply power for the charger at the same time.

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm guess that's also possible. But anyways, I just updated to 1.1.14 - and now the miner is shooting ores all over the place - can this be updated with a simple setting change?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Make the tools out of Magical Wood - they will have 9 modifiers! Add one more either through leveling it up or with a gold block + diamond and then add 10 obsidian plates will make it Unbreakable

Holy crap! I'm going to go do that right now!

Update: Testing reveals that it all parts have to be magical wood, and it must be original construction, you can not upgrade an existing tool and get the 9 modifiers. Upgrading with obsidian plates before training it up will give it more than enough durability to level up without having to repair it. If you're lucky, leveling up will give it that tenth unbreaking as well.

Last edited:

wargoncz

Jul 29, 2019
Guys for the unbreakable tools is much better solution. Just make a unstable ingot block from 9 unstable ingots. You must be quick but its possible to make the block and it doesn't explode! Then just toss it in the smeltery and make your tools. Just be cautious because they decay if you dont assemble them in 10s. I mad two unbreakable mattocks, unbreakable sword and two unbreakable axes this way and I didnt have to worry about tools :)

Also any info on the "Shadowed Secrets"? It really bugs me, i feel like i didnt complete this series :/ i tried to go to Eldritch dimensions because there was obelisk in my world on the final coord but no luck :(

gundude56

Jul 29, 2019
In the quest that rewards manyullyn arrow heads should be reduced to 4 or less head because it allowed me to complete quests with the free manyullyn

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I had to restore a backup and lost my journeymap waypoints. Apparently they are not saved in the "saves" folder and are thus not included in the backup. Could someone list (or PM) me the locations for the following cubes?
- nether
- slimy
- desert
- village

My quest status
k6GoUav.png

Edit: found icy and market again

Last edited:

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I had to restore a backup and lost my journeymap waypoints. Apparently they are not saved in the "saves" folder and are thus not included in the backup. Could someone list (or PM) me the locations for the following cubes?
- nether
- slimy
- desert
- village

Edit: found icy and market again

the waypoints are saved in a seperate folder and dont get deleted if you lose your world.
they are in the journeymap folder at the same level as the saves and backup folders.
you can find them under data, sp and then your old world name.
just change that last one to your new world name and they will aply

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
the waypoints are saved in a seperate folder and dont get deleted if you lose your world.
they are in the journeymap folder at the same level as the saves and backup folders.
you can find them under data, sp and then your old world name.
just change that last one to your new world name and they will aply
Ah thanks, I found the location but it was empty. I didn't check the copy of the world I had there as well.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
It's off in the distance a bit. I just popped down random holes on my way to the various cubes to find some. It's as about the same level as certus, so not too deep.

lirenika

Jul 29, 2019
2 Issues that are preventing gameplay for me:

In our LAN party, when the 2nd person logs in, they spawn in a wall and die.
After dying a few times, the safe fall water disappears. I wonder if this issue is caused because a couple of times when we completed the quest that gives you a heart, we had 10 total lives. Another time we completed this quest, we only had 5 total lives (it would have bee six but when the second player spawned, we lost one life right away.)

We were having fun trying to figure out how to get to the box w/o getting killed by archers. But these two issues have made it unplayable for us.

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
Where can you find quartz in the overworld?

It's off in the distance a bit. I just popped down random holes on my way to the various cubes to find some. It's as about the same level as certus, so not too deep.

He already answered you, just go mine 500/600 blocs from the spawn and you'll find some around layer 50, same as certus quartz.
Or you can go further in the exploration questline and search for the nether compact cube with some nether quartz inside.