[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I have not seen any on my limited travels, I have not even found a deep dark castle dungeon.
I've found a castle dungeon on my way to one of the compact machines, at least I found what was left of one. I got a dozen or so unlit torches, an angel block, and almost 6 stacks of doors.

EDIT: Also, I seem to have found another bug. My Magma crucible didn't have any of the default augments when I crafted it. I spawned in and crafted a few more and it didn't happen again, but I ran into a similar issue with the Nullifier which is always missing the Integrated Servo Mechanism augment.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowShock35

Nicky8009

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having trouble using this pack on a server?
it runs fine when i use a randomly generated world. it keeps telling me that a bunch of stuff from the mod bagginses is missing. (yes it is installed) is there a command that i missed that i have to type in to say continue loading the world? Im probably just being stupid but maybe not (that never happens)

Last edited:

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I've found a castle dungeon on my way to one of the compact machines, at least I found what was left of one. I got a dozen or so unlit torches, an angel block, and almost 6 stacks of doors.

EDIT: Also, I seem to have found another bug. My Magma crucible didn't have any of the default augments when I crafted it. I spawned in and crafted a few more and it didn't happen again, but I ran into a similar issue with the Nullifier which is always missing the Integrated Servo Mechanism augment.

We have removed the dungeons within a local area so you may find parts, or ones further out.

Thanks for reporting that, I'll see what can be done

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having trouble using this pack on a server?
it runs fine when i use a randomly generated world. it keeps telling me that a bunch of stuff from the mod bagginses is missing. (yes it is installed) is there a command that i missed that i have to type in to say continue loading the world? Im probably just being stupid but maybe not (that never happens)
Could you possibly post your bug on our issue tracker? Preferably with the log

mjohnab

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is great. The quests are well-written and the challenge is spot on. I'm having a couple problems though. First is the super spider with over a half million HP. It's been reported already, but I'm just chiming in to say I'm seeing it too. Another issue I'm having is that the game gets really choppy after about ten minutes of playing. My FPS is fine and memory usage stays in the 60 to 70% range out of 4 GB allocated. I think it might be mob spawning related? I have fastcraft and optifine installed, and this issue doesn't seem to happen in other FTB packs. I know performance issues are hard to pin down sometimes, but does anyone have any advice?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
This pack is great. The quests are well-written and the challenge is spot on. I'm having a couple problems though. First is the super spider with over a half million HP. It's been reported already, but I'm just chiming in to say I'm seeing it too. Another issue I'm having is that the game gets really choppy after about ten minutes of playing. My FPS is fine and memory usage stays in the 60 to 70% range out of 4 GB allocated. I think it might be mob spawning related? I have fastcraft and optifine installed, and this issue doesn't seem to happen in other FTB packs. I know performance issues are hard to pin down sometimes, but does anyone have any advice?

We are looking at the issue with the spider and I think Snow had found a solution last night on teamspeak. I will talk to him again about what we can do.

When it starts getting choppy try doing /cofh killall and let me know what kind of numbers you get

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Im playing Obscurity 1.1.12 and have a problem. I think the mob spawning is disabled inside the Compact Machines. I have a large water cube where no Squids are spawning and a large Blaze Spawner cube with Cobblestone Walls ( bl: 0, sl: 0, rl: 0) where also no mobs are spawning. I looked into the compactmachines.cfg but there is no config option for enabling/disabling the mob spawning.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Im playing Obscurity 1.1.12 and have a problem. I think the mob spawning is disabled inside the Compact Machines. I have a large water cube where no Squids are spawning and a large Blaze Spawner cube with Cobblestone Walls ( bl: 0, sl: 0, rl: 0) where also no mobs are spawning. I looked into the compactmachines.cfg but there is no config option for enabling/disabling the mob spawning.

That is a feature of the mod. It is normally used as a way to compact down machines (As the name suggests) e.g. turning a cobble in to glass out machine into one block.

I will talk to snow about whether we can find some way to spawn non hostile mobs in the cubes though

Buffagenik

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enjoying the pack so far. But i currently stuck on two things:
- How do i get lava if i already used 3 of the lava source on my smeltery? I've realized that i can cook magma cream at the smeltery to a bucket of lava. But the cooking process itself needs lava
- The quest tells me to get alumite. which needs an obsidian to be in a smeltery, and i've used up all of my diamonds and emeralds to level up the pick. How do i get obsidian?

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
- How do i get lava if i already used 3 of the lava source on my smeltery? I've realized that i can cook magma cream at the smeltery to a bucket of lava. But the cooking process itself needs lava
- The quest tells me to get alumite. which needs an obsidian to be in a smeltery, and i've used up all of my diamonds and emeralds to level up the pick. How do i get obsidian?

Try Chapter 2 of the Questbook. There is a Quest where you have to go to the Nether Cube. There is enough lava for you.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019

Okay here is a copy of the reply I posted on the issue:

"
This seems similar to a known issue that I thought had been fixed.

This could possibly be caused by missing mods as suggested in the log.

As a fix please try grabbing a world made in singleplayer and putting that in your server folder. Does that work?"

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

Magma crucible with a TE tank on top melt cobble into lava with a couple of low lvl generators, then the hell quest you need to follow anyway to get a couple of much needed items, the hell machine has a lot of lava & its pre-diamond so you can just break it & bring home, (hint make TC boots of the traveler), now wait until you have to make glowstone, that's a real killer, & you will need a fair bit of it too !!

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck at the Quest where i have to activate my Divsion Sigil. The altar says it needs to see the moon but in the Deep Dark there is no moon.