[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Sorry haven't been able to play until now. After testing some more it seems it wont save you spawn point if it has slabs around the bed.

-First place I had the bed sunk into a slab floor & Even tried it raised it above the slabs : Both ways Didn't save Spawn
-Second I placed the bed on two cobblestone blocks with slab around it above ground(not in a cave): It Did saved my spawn
-Third I did the same as the last, but back in my base underground: It Didn't save my spawn.. Everything was set the same way as above ground
-Last I replaced the slabs (The two on the left and right of the bed, but not the ones on top or bottom) with cobble stone blocks: It did save my spawn..

That's all the testing I did sorry I can't be of more help.
No worries at all. I'm pretty sure the way the vanilla minecraft bed works is when you hit respawn the game checks to see if you've slept in a bed or not then if you have then it checks the location of the bed and whether or not it's obstructed. It does this by searching around the adjacent and diagonal sides of the bed. It will look for a solid block that is in one of those blocks adjacent or diagonal to the bed on one level bellow where the bed block is (the floor) then it checks if there is two air spaces above that spot and if it meets those requirements in one of the spots then it should be fine. If you've done it how I've said there then let us know but if not then no worries. -Snow ;)

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering what changes to the map you guys had in mind, or was think about doing?

We haven't managed to speak fully due to timezones (@JohnnyMobbins I'm looking at you :p )

But I know it will probably not be backwards compatible (Old map won't work with new updates)

It should be smaller in size (all the bytes) and will fix issues we have been having

Reactions: SnowShock35

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
We haven't managed to speak fully due to timezones (@JohnnyMobbins I'm looking at you :p )

But I know it will probably not be backwards compatible (Old map won't work with new updates)

It should be smaller in size (all the bytes) and will fix issues we have been having

I figured I/we would need a restart.lol Mainly because of the quartz thing, just thought maybe there was a hint there would be some new places add, or just mainly fixes? I'm ok with starting over..

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I figured I/we would need a restart.lol Mainly because of the quartz thing, just thought maybe there was a hint there would be some new places add, or just mainly fixes? I'm ok with starting over..

Honestly I have no idea what might come in the update. We haven't properly planned it out

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
can we offer of things we liked and disliked about the map? maybe that will help you all in deciding how and what changes you will do. i know not everything we say will be put to use, but maybe something we say could help in making the map more to your liking or give you an idea?
I personally liked starting up high, and the elevator block at the start. So if the area below was looking pretty rough, i could go back up and wait a few minutes, then go back down and sometimes a few of the monsters would clear out a little giving me a chance to run to the pit. So the dropping down into the liquid idea i didnt much care for. I also liked the pit with the void below, personally it made it much harder and you really had to plan a lot of where and how you were getting to certain ores and not just dropping water off the side to get to what you wanted. If the bottom was there, it would have been to easy. I also liked the idea of having to get to other areas to get to new stuff, like the market. It keeps people from just staying in one place the whole time.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
can we offer of things we liked and disliked about the map? maybe that will help you all in deciding how and what changes you will do. i know not everything we say will be put to use, but maybe something we say could help in making the map more to your liking or give you an idea?
I personally liked starting up high, and the elevator block at the start. So if the area below was looking pretty rough, i could go back up and wait a few minutes, then go back down and sometimes a few of the monsters would clear out a little giving me a chance to run to the pit. So the dropping down into the liquid idea i didnt much care for. I also liked the pit with the void below, personally it made it much harder and you really had to plan a lot of where and how you were getting to certain ores and not just dropping water off the side to get to what you wanted. If the bottom was there, it would have been to easy. I also liked the idea of having to get to other areas to get to new stuff, like the market. It keeps people from just staying in one place the whole time.

What i don't like is the light and food balance, Food came too easy and light too hard, I got fed up and and disabled custom recipies in AE so i could use the charged quartz fixtures (Which i think is alright just on account of the fact that charged quartz is really rare.)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What i don't like is the light and food balance, Food came too easy and light too hard, I got fed up and and disabled custom recipies in AE so i could use the charged quartz fixtures (Which i think is alright just on account of the fact that charged quartz is really rare.)

I thought the food was fine, but that was because I had a garden in a compact machine so hopping in and out was more work. However the lighting it a pain, and would be cool if there was an armor or something you could equip mid game that would put off/protect you from the darkness. Something that takes damage from it, and you would have to charge/repair. That's my two cents, I would play either way and am just waiting on the updated map:)

JoFace321

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this pack man, it makes me think of an adventure pack but with mods and an easy quest system, one thing it, dont give the player so many hearts, it is a bit too easy when i have 12 lives

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this pack man, it makes me think of an adventure pack but with mods and an easy quest system, one thing it, dont give the player so many hearts, it is a bit too easy when i have 12 lives
Thanks Jo! Earlier on people were really having trouble so we increased the starting lives.

We are working on the final version of the pack over the next few weeks. We will be looking at a lot of these issues and tweaking them slightly.

Thanks for the feedback!