[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Actually... the 'weapon' you get at the start is the torch. Finish the first 2 quests before you jump down, repel enemies in a circle arround you. If they are zombies or creepers, you can easily 'hit and run' even tough that wet noodle of your fist might take a while to kill it.

I've restarted a few times but never had real problems reaching the savespot.

Well I understand the torch repels enemies, but a cheap weapon would be nice. Honestly a simple wood sword at the beginning isnt going to break the whole experience. It would at least give you a slightly better chance at surviving til you reach that pit.

Reactions: SnowShock35

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.11_Beta
Is Now Available For Manual Download!
And has been submitted to the FTB 3rd Party Pack Team!
Also available on the CurseVoice Client!
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Hey all! Another update is here for all to enjoy. The update should be on the launcher either today or tomorrow fingers crossed. However, it is available for manual download and on the Curse Launcher. Not much besides a few tweaks amd mod updates. Make sure to report any bugs you have found and hopefully the next update will include the new map which should fix some of the major issues at current. Not to mention look a lot better. -Snow ;)

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Well I understand the torch repels enemies, but a cheap weapon would be nice. Honestly a simple wood sword at the beginning isnt going to break the whole experience. It would at least give you a slightly better chance at surviving til you reach that pit.

I agree with him, My first run had to be a Take 2 because i jumped down, Placed the torch, And got trapped in the spawn by a Blizz

By the way, What information should I include if reporting an issue with the modpack?

Do i have to restart with the new map? ;(

Anybody want to try hosting this modpack and playing it Co-Op some time?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to set there spawn with a bed? I click on the bed, but every death spawns me back (Well, Haha at spawn). The thing that's worse is its on top of the Cobble wall at the very edge.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I agree with him, My first run had to be a Take 2 because i jumped down, Placed the torch, And got trapped in the spawn by a Blizz

By the way, What information should I include if reporting an issue with the modpack?

Do i have to restart with the new map? ;(

Anybody want to try hosting this modpack and playing it Co-Op some time?

When reporting please try and use the latest version, and any other info you think is helpful, we'll attempt to reproduce it and then get a fix out.

This update runs on old maps. Future ones may require a reset but I am investigating a way to prevent that (any map version will work)

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to set there spawn with a bed? I click on the bed, but every death spawns me back (Well, Haha at spawn). The thing that's worse is its on top of the Cobble wall at the very edge.

I will talk to the other testers and see if this is a consistent issue. If it is I will have a look at what can be done to fix it. What pack version are you using?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
When reporting please try and use the latest version, and any other info you think is helpful, we'll attempt to reproduce it and then get a fix out.

This update runs on old maps. Future ones may require a reset but I am investigating a way to prevent that (any map version will work)

Alright, i think the quartz thing is pretty game breaking (Maybe try replacing some blocks manually :p?

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Are you 100% sure there is no blocks ajacent on any of the sides of the bed? If so I will look into this and see if I can get a fix up asap. I have a feeling of why this is happening.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I can do a new map:)

I was wondering about how others are playing? For example: When you make it to a new location (Market, Village, etc.) do you guys take it back to your main base or leave it?

That leads me to my next question.. Are all the locations that can be found already have a diamond modifier on them so they can be mind?

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I can do a new map:)

I was wondering about how others are playing? For example: When you make it to a new location (Market, Village, etc.) do you guys take it back to your main base or leave it?

That leads me to my next question.. Are all the locations that can be found already have a diamond modifier on them so they can be mind?
The whole cube system and the way the map is built needs a total re-think which is what we'll be spending the weekend doing :p

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Okay it seems that what I thought isn't the case and it was working 100% fine for me. I could do with some more information @RehabOholic -Snow ;)

Sorry haven't been able to play until now. After testing some more it seems it wont save you spawn point if it has slabs around the bed.

-First place I had the bed sunk into a slab floor & Even tried it raised it above the slabs : Both ways Didn't save Spawn
-Second I placed the bed on two cobblestone blocks with slab around it above ground(not in a cave): It Did saved my spawn
-Third I did the same as the last, but back in my base underground: It Didn't save my spawn.. Everything was set the same way as above ground
-Last I replaced the slabs (The two on the left and right of the bed, but not the ones on top or bottom) with cobble stone blocks: It did save my spawn..

That's all the testing I did sorry I can't be of more help.