[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
If you are removing Lava as a Viable light source, then you need to make torches at least 1 block more then what they are. I have put torches completely around my pumpkin patch and it never grew a pumpkin after a couple of hours in game. Yes I used Bonemeal on the seed til it was mature. I plan on re-opening my test world again and letting it set for a few more hours to see if it will grow, but if I waited 2 hours and the pumpkin never grew, then that means getting four will take forever and makes it almost a useless way to make a better light source, much less I would have to wait several days just to complete the quest that requires 4 of them. The only other light source requires a LONG walk to the CM that has the Nether in it, with I believe like 4 glowstone in it. I understand wanting to make the pack tough, but with almost no way of early light besides the Lava, then it would be pretty much impossible to grow a Viable farm to make food, or be able to grow enough trees in hopes of getting enough apples to make juice with. Maybe you could come up with another light source type that requires a little work but still possible early game? something between a torch and Jack'O'Lantern? For an Idea, how about a Stone Torch, that requires 1 stone stick and like 8 Luminite dust? an it would light the block its on and all blocks connected to the block its on. Im just tossing out an idea, but please think about it at least.

(Edit: when I said a couple of hours in game, I didnt mean IN GAME HOURS, I mean I was in game and left it while doing other stuff and 2 hours later I still didnt have a pumpkin, and yes there are just plain untilled dirt blocks around it for the pumpkin to grow on.)

Reactions: SnowShock35

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
If you are removing Lava as a Viable light source, then you need to make torches at least 1 block more then what they are. I have put torches completely around my pumpkin patch and it never grew a pumpkin after a couple of hours in game. Yes I used Bonemeal on the seed til it was mature. I plan on re-opening my test world again and letting it set for a few more hours to see if it will grow, but if I waited 2 hours and the pumpkin never grew, then that means getting four will take forever and makes it almost a useless way to make a better light source, much less I would have to wait several days just to complete the quest that requires 4 of them. The only other light source requires a LONG walk to the CM that has the Nether in it, with I believe like 4 glowstone in it. I understand wanting to make the pack tough, but with almost no way of early light besides the Lava, then it would be pretty much impossible to grow a Viable farm to make food, or be able to grow enough trees in hopes of getting enough apples to make juice with. Maybe you could come up with another light source type that requires a little work but still possible early game? something between a torch and Jack'O'Lantern? For an Idea, how about a Stone Torch, that requires 1 stone stick and like 8 Luminite dust? an it would light the block its on and all blocks connected to the block its on. Im just tossing out an idea, but please think about it at least.

(Edit: when I said a couple of hours in game, I didnt mean IN GAME HOURS, I mean I was in game and left it while doing other stuff and 2 hours later I still didnt have a pumpkin, and yes there are just plain untilled dirt blocks around it for the pumpkin to grow on.)

I Found out that a farm grows like normal in those compact machines. (The first big one you get from a quest) So Growing Punkins for me at least isn't bad, it getting the Luminite dust to make torches that is just dreadful. I'm now up to 43 torches crafted and that's 4 days of play, and I've spent more time trying to find that stuff than actually playing.lol

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I Found out that a farm grows like normal in those compact machines. (The first big one you get from a quest) So Growing Punkins for me at least isn't bad, it getting the Luminite dust to make torches that is just dreadful. I'm now up to 43 torches crafted and that's 4 days of play, and I've spent more time trying to find that stuff than actually playing.lol
This! Has I said before, the first 9x9 is perfect to grow a small farm and trees and have all the initial stuff you need. Only when you start needing more space for a smeltery, you start needing to build outside. Remember they are always lit and chunk loaded, so crops are always growing even when you are outside them.

Luminite is not so hard to obtain, you just need to be at the right level. I think you might be trying to expand to much. Dont try to expand much until you have the tools that allow to mine and easily obtain luminite. Until then, try to use the pit vertically and build around it on multiple levels. Use the 'hole' to your advantage allowing you to only need to lit smaller areas instead of a big square.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I would like to ask a massive favour from someone. I am making another trailer for the modpack and was wondering if anyone could please upload their map to dropbox or another file sharing site so that I may download it and use it in the video. Credit would of course be given in the description

Thanks

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
In the Quest Custom Piercings you reward the Arrow tips, and Bone Rods. The Bone Rod is (I think) Thaumcraft Wands (Core) and I think you meant to give bone tool rods to be used for arrows. or I could be wrong.

Paner

Jul 29, 2019
Few things are bothering me. How does ducts work in this modpack? I can't seem to output lava from Magma Crucible using ducts at all. Cannot put servo on ducts. Cannot set ducts to output mode using wrench. I was only able to output lava from Magma Crucible after I stole Augment: Integrated Servo Mechanism from Fluid Transposer and transferred directly from Crucible to tank (Crucibles intentionally don't have any Augments in them?). Is there any other way I can just create lava? How do I power Smeltery if there are only two lava sources to be found (I never went too far underground to look for it though)?
Isn't food too easy to get / too overpowered? Every single food gives too much hunger and saturation, it doesn't feel right.
Also with normal iron pickaxe you can mine almost every ore.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Wow!! I have full Tinker's Alloy Armor and I get one shot by a Mighty Spider?!?!? Yes I know that mobs are stronger in this dimension, but it shouldn't be a one hit kill with any armor on, maybe without.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Wow!! I have full Tinker's Alloy Armor and I get one shot by a Mighty Spider?!?!? Yes I know that mobs are stronger in this dimension, but it shouldn't be a one hit kill with any armor on, maybe without.
Well... They are mighty....
its one of the overpowered special mobs. Even with a dark steel armour might get you one shooted

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to melt coal dust, or Glowstone dust in the smeltery? I was trying to make steel, then I tried to make invar torches, but both just get half way there eating up 3+ tanks of lava. Then it just stays at half, but continues to eat lava at a FAST rate.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
In the Quest Custom Piercings you reward the Arrow tips, and Bone Rods. The Bone Rod is (I think) Thaumcraft Wands (Core) and I think you meant to give bone tool rods to be used for arrows. or I could be wrong.
Yes I believe those were meant to be bone tool rods. I will check for you

Few things are bothering me. How does ducts work in this modpack? I can't seem to output lava from Magma Crucible using ducts at all. Cannot put servo on ducts. Cannot set ducts to output mode using wrench. I was only able to output lava from Magma Crucible after I stole Augment: Integrated Servo Mechanism from Fluid Transposer and transferred directly from Crucible to tank (Crucibles intentionally don't have any Augments in them?). Is there any other way I can just create lava? How do I power Smeltery if there are only two lava sources to be found (I never went too far underground to look for it though)?
Isn't food too easy to get / too overpowered? Every single food gives too much hunger and saturation, it doesn't feel right.
Also with normal iron pickaxe you can mine almost every ore.
There is a recipe to make lava in the smeltery I believe, use NEI to have a look.
Has anyone else had problems with the ducts? They've been fine for me.
Food is something we have been looking at and I will bump snow about it.

That's how we wanted the modpack to be, hard enough that you're constantly on the edge of death. I will talk to snow about this though

Has anyone been able to melt coal dust, or Glowstone dust in the smeltery? I was trying to make steel, then I tried to make invar torches, but both just get half way there eating up 3+ tanks of lava. Then it just stays at half, but continues to eat lava at a FAST rate.
I believe the smeltery needs to be hotter to make steel. I think pyrotheum is needed

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Might i ask what configuration file controls the "Make only the default torches viable light sources".

I want to be able to use Charged Quartz lamps because, Well that's just how i personally want to play; Sorry to disrespect the intended experience but as long as i'm in my own private world i think it's reasonable what with the rarity of charged quartz.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Might i ask what configuration file controls the "Make only the default torches viable light sources".

I want to be able to use Charged Quartz lamps because, Well that's just how i personally want to play; Sorry to disrespect the intended experience but as long as i'm in my own private world i think it's reasonable what with the rarity of charged quartz.
I understand your view of 'your private world' but if you want to play a pack made by other person and change the rules might as well just play other thing since you are not playing his pack anymore. And because of that, I will not give you the answer.
Changing the pack mechanics implemented with the purpose of giving us something different to play its a total disrespect to the pack creators and all the work they have done! If a player does not want to be forced out of their comfort zone they should just not play packs that force them to do that!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I think you would have to delete the line that removes the Charged Quartz Torch from the Master Scripts file in the Scripts folder. As for the light level, (I think, and could be wrong) it's being adjusted with SquidUtils Config/ in the blocks file? I'm Not sure on that.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
If a player does not want to be forced out of their comfort zone they should just not play packs that force them to do that!

I don't think Comfort zone is a right assumption. For me changing small things to make it more enjoyable is not disrespectful at all, Demanding something be changed is. This pack for example, I have issue with my eyes, and even though I haven't done any changes it still would be better if there were more lighting option, but I just roll with it. When it becomes an issue I will tweak it some. Another example, people that wont to enjoy a map that is hardcore(1 life, then it game over), but don't wont the lives part of it. Some people don't get a lot of game time, so starting over is not great for that. That's just my 2-cents. I don't believe someone should demand changes, but it doesn't hurt to ask how something was done so we as the players can deal with what ever issue's, disabilities, etc there may be.

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to ask a massive favour from someone. I am making another trailer for the modpack and was wondering if anyone could please upload their map to dropbox or another file sharing site so that I may download it and use it in the video. Credit would of course be given in the description

Thanks
Just curious, since you are changing light sources, like lava, wouldnt it be best to wait til after the update and then make a new trailer? Because the way people build would change. I could upload the map I am playing but I rely heavy on the lava as a Light source Vs. Torches

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is away to block the Progressive Automation's miner to not mine certain things? That crazy thing mined up my slabs, torches, Jack o Lantern's, etc.lol

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Rehab, I understand what you mean by people should be allowed to edit the packs, unfortunately, if they do it wrong, they go the pack creators Forum, wanting help in fixing it. Then the creator either has to be rude and tell them, "you broke it, you fix it" or spend a god awful amount of time helping them to fix what they never intended of the pack. So its best for the pack creators to just not help them in the first place.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I understand your view of 'your private world' but if you want to play a pack made by other person and change the rules might as well just play other thing since you are not playing his pack anymore. And because of that, I will not give you the answer.
Changing the pack mechanics implemented with the purpose of giving us something different to play its a total disrespect to the pack creators and all the work they have done! If a player does not want to be forced out of their comfort zone they should just not play packs that force them to do that!

"I'm not going to help you, As a matter of fact i'm going to be quite pretentious"

Thanks to @RehabOholic for the winning answer, The one thing i couldn't puzzle out doing the pack was how you're meant to get steel for the purpose of making a flint and steel as you were meant to. As well, Monsters have stopped approaching my base like they did when i first set up shop

Last edited: