[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I am really loving this pack. Are you planning to make this for a server? if so, when is the ETA for it? like are you working on it now? or are you waiting til after the pack is more solid before creating it for a server?
Sadly, the current last official version of SquidUtils has a bug when it runs on servers and the server doesnt even start. With the last development version, the server starts but gives an error on server when players try to connect with TE fluids, and on client with SquiUtil stuff, so... development version is not server stable yet. Until that is fixed there will not be a server soon. At least, the server runs fine without players, so I have it running when I want the pack running in background for grinding stuff and move the world to single player when I want to play it.
after i download the thing in the latest dowload spoiler i downloaded the 1.1.7-1.1.9 and it loaded so how do i load up the modded minecraft
I understood like the 10% of your problem and honestly, I shouldnt even bother with your lack of effort in typing but... pack is on FTB launcher, no need to manually download and configure MultiMC for it.

Reactions: SnowShock35

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
We're looking at how we can do a server version. We have the issue of the world currently being ~70% of the total file size. As soon as we need to recreate it for servers it will be hard.

I'll let you know if anything changes and we progress at all

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
We're looking at how we can do a server version. We have the issue of the world currently being ~70% of the total file size. As soon as we need to recreate it for servers it will be hard.

I'll let you know if anything changes and we progress at all
What it needs to be done about this is MCEditing the world and pruning all the generated chuncks that are not used, that is, dont have a cube. Will probably reduce the world size in 90% and fix another huge issue which is world generation. Since the chunks are prunned, they will be generated again and the ore generation problem gets fixed.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
What it needs to be done about this is MCEditing the world and pruning all the generated chuncks that are not used, that is, dont have a cube. Will probably reduce the world size in 90% and fix another huge issue which is world generation. Since the chunks are prunned, they will be generated again and the ore generation problem gets fixed.

I know but none of us have had the time recently to do it after noting down all the co ords of places to keep

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Do you have all the coords?

PM me with all of them and I will try do it later and give you back a dropbox link with the map once its done.
As of current, we are looking in to several things with the pack and things we might do for the next version.
But the next 4/5 weeks are extremely busy for me so not much will be done. Will try and release an update sometime soon though
-Snow ;)

Reactions: JohnnyMobbins

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
Hah. This map has one of the most unforgiving beginnings that I've ever seen.
I think I had to restart seven or eight times just to get into a reasonable place to continue without dying horribly to the one-shot parade. And even then, it was an absurd grind to get a space big enough for a tree.

Your nonfunctional gag sword was less than amusing the first time. Though maybe it wasn't supposed to be disabled by Iguana Tweaks?

I laugh now, but it was actually a bit frustrating. I'm just going to quietly implant the idea into your brain that maybe—while you're messing with the map—you should mildly tweak the starting bit to make the first ten seconds not require remaking the world several times, over and over, unfunly.

Other than that, it's been cool so far. I think you've successfully sold me on Compact Machines, which I'd essentially completely ignored before.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hah. This map has one of the most unforgiving beginnings that I've ever seen.
I think I had to restart seven or eight times just to get into a reasonable place to continue without dying horribly to the one-shot parade. And even then, it was an absurd grind to get a space big enough for a tree.

Your nonfunctional gag sword was less than amusing the first time. Though maybe it wasn't supposed to be disabled by Iguana Tweaks?

I laugh now, but it was actually a bit frustrating. I'm just going to quietly implant the idea into your brain that maybe—while you're messing with the map—you should mildly tweak the starting bit to make the first ten seconds not require remaking the world several times, over and over, unfunly.

Other than that, it's been cool so far. I think you've successfully sold me on Compact Machines, which I'd essentially completely ignored before.
Glad you like it so far. Any suggestions or issues you find besides already reported ones feel free to put on the issue tracker. Link in the thread ;)

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it so far. Any suggestions or issues you find besides already reported ones feel free to put on the issue tracker. Link in the thread ;)
GitHub. The thing I will figure out how to use One DayTM. A day that realistically will never come.

I'm just at the beginning, really! I've blocked off the initial death pit. But I'm finding I'm mostly living inside a large compact machine. The outside world is scary. So I'm under my cubical blankie with a flashlight and I'm not coming out. At least not until I have a hell of a lot of jack o lanterns. So I can't offer too much constructive feedback. There seems to be a lot of adventure elements and such that I haven't even started in on.

The basic idea and theme of the modpack are super-cool though. There is absolutely no denying that. And the initial quality of what I have seen has made me pretty confident that it'll be a good pack. Frustration from starting with three creepers in instant-death radius notwithstanding, first impressions like that are super-important. And I can't all find fault in the originality. No other pack has made me seek panicked refuge in a lava-filled endless pit. :p

That novelty was pretty intense.

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is what I have figured out so far. once you drop down the below from the start area, drop your Torch that repells monsters just on the other side of the glass. So monsters wont follow you in later. Then book it to the pit. Get in the cube and get your pick, complete that quest to get the diamond, then pop back out and use the diamond on the Compact cube, use the pick, then move down the pit a little farther. Start gathering Cobble, til you have enough to make 36 stone ladders. Then run back to the start area. Then ladder back up to the top. Once you are up there, gather all the stone fence. Use the fence to build out from the corner nearest the lava, then drop a block of earth where its just at the edge of the Light from the lava and plant your Tree there. When you have plenty of logs, make a ladder going up into the Ceiling of the world and go 2 or 3 blocks higher then where the ceiling starts and start making your home there. The light from the lava is super important. That lava light will help you grow your Pumpkins, and being up high, on a small space will be little chance of a mob getting you
I hope this helps

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.10_Beta
Is Now Available For Manual Download!
And has been submitted to the FTB 3rd Party Pack Team!

For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Hello all, its that time again folks. A new version of Obscurity is ready for all of you to download and get playing with. This update was mainly focused on fixing all the remaining known bugs but, did add a few additional changes too (See changelog link above). Also as always, I will note and say DON'T download the manual version if you do not know what you are doing. The launcher version wont be far away and I will update you guys when it is available. As always have fun, report any found issues and Enjoy! -Snow ;)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is what I have figured out so far. once you drop down the below from the start area, drop your Torch that repells monsters just on the other side of the glass. So monsters wont follow you in later. Then book it to the pit. Get in the cube and get your pick, complete that quest to get the diamond, then pop back out and use the diamond on the Compact cube, use the pick, then move down the pit a little farther. Start gathering Cobble, til you have enough to make 36 stone ladders. Then run back to the start area. Then ladder back up to the top. Once you are up there, gather all the stone fence. Use the fence to build out from the corner nearest the lava, then drop a block of earth where its just at the edge of the Light from the lava and plant your Tree there. When you have plenty of logs, make a ladder going up into the Ceiling of the world and go 2 or 3 blocks higher then where the ceiling starts and start making your home there. The light from the lava is super important. That lava light will help you grow your Pumpkins, and being up high, on a small space will be little chance of a mob getting you
I hope this helps
After a few quests, you will receive a 9x9x9 cube, if I am not wrong, its when you get the diamond to pick the small cube.
In this 9x9x9, you have enough space to grow crops, trees and have all your initial stuff. Just dig a small area in one side of the pit, put the cube there and the interdiction torch right next to it and you have your safe 9x9x9 for all the initial stuff you need, a securish space for when you leave the cube and not having to travel one hundred blocks every time you need to go mine for resources! Later, when you have more resources and you are better prepared, you can start expanding your 'safe zone' around the cube until you dont need it anymore.

For me, it fells less cheaty then using the celling to avoid the dangers and less hassle for when I need to get stuff. After all, this isnt a sky block map :p

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there was anyway to stopped people going to the roof. I have some ideas for quests. I'll talk to snow, refine it and then see what you guys think

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.10_Beta
Is Now Available On the Curse Voice Client!
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker
CurseForge Page: CurseForge Page
After hours and hours you can finally get it on the Curse Voice Client / CurseForge.
Link can be found above.

Note: The CurseForge version may experience weird issues so make sure to specify this if you are reporting a bug.
Also note that there is NO FastCraft in the curse version of the pack due to their permissions system. So if you have performance issues without it. Stick to FTB Launcher / Manual download version.​

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Its not like there is any real ores up there. A few Scattered Shards but thats about it. So the only resource you can get is Stone/cobble. Plus you still have to be careful because the shadows can still hurt you if you dont keep it lit up.

Up where you first start there is lava up there keeping the area lit up. So if you build you farm your pumpkin farm near it, the pumpkins grow faster. With torch light, I never got the pumpkins to actually grow. If they do grow near a torch, then it just takes Forever.