[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was meaning, that Magnum torches only work for X amount of distance, and if A skeleton spawns it can hit you with an arrow, unless you are planning on standing on the torch the whole time :)
Well.... 128 radius is still a lot of space. Since mobs only become aware of you and aggressive when closer then 32 blocks, I think a radius of 96 blocks is more then enough!!!

By the way, @SnowShock35 , magnum torchs had a range of 64 in 1.6.4. In 1.7 its 128... The quest book is incorrect.

Reactions: SnowShock35

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
hmm thought they had a smaller range... Maybe they got beefed up since the last time I used it, or they were changed. Ohh well no biggie :) About my question, how would you feel about a twitch/YT streamer doing a LP of your video?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
hmm thought they had a smaller range... Maybe they got beefed up since the last time I used it, or they were changed. Ohh well no biggie :) About my question, how would you feel about a twitch/YT streamer doing a LP of your video?

We would love it for people to stream/record the pack. All we ask is that it's easy for people to get the pack themselves (link to the topic)

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I will talk to a few of my friends and see who might do it. Also just and FYI, the quest "Torchbearer" says you have to make jack'o'lanterns, but the object for turn in, is bedrock. I havent tried turning in the quest, but Since its looking for 4 bedrock, I dont think 4 jack'o'lanterns will complete the quest, will let you know if I can or cant.

Another quest with a problem, is the quest for the Flint Mattock, "Farming in the Dark" I made the flint mattock and it wont complete the quest

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So... you wanted some bases pictures.
Now that I got the magnum torch, I dont need to slab the floor or the walls. I can finally expand and building all the automation required.
So, lets take some pictures of where I survived the last few days before I change everything:

http://imgur.com/a/gTr0v

Also, before this I lived inside the 9x9x9, with my farm, trees and all the stuff inside it. Only when I needed to make the smeltery that I decided to move outside and secure a little more space around the 'hole'. Sadly, there are no pics from that time.

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
^^^ Nice pics :) Im just messing around with my world some, getting used to how things work, then I plan on restarting it and actually playing it. I am still thinking about Laddering up into the ceiling and making my home up there.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
So... you wanted some bases pictures.
Now that I got the magnum torch, I dont need to slab the floor or the walls. I can finally expand and building all the automation required.
So, lets take some pictures of where I survived the last few days before I change everything:

http://imgur.com/a/gTr0v

Also, before this I lived inside the 9x9x9, with my farm, trees and all the stuff inside it. Only when I needed to make the smeltery that I decided to move outside and secure a little more space around the 'hole'. Sadly, there are no pics from that time.
Awesome dude they are some amazing pics :D

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
ok, hope this works. First time I am using Imgur. So I took just a few SS of my base so you can get a rough idea of what I am doing :)

http://imgur.com/a/1HPNu

The hardest part of the whole pack so far, was right at the start. As soon as I dropped down, there were 3 creepers standing outside my base and without the ability to go back up, I had to die and respawn back top, then wait for them to despawn before I could go down and run to the pit. I really think you should get some type of starting weapon. A pick or Mattock or something. Just so you have a little bit of a fighting chance.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
ok, I will talk to a few of my friends and see who might do it. Also just and FYI, the quest "Torchbearer" says you have to make jack'o'lanterns, but the object for turn in, is bedrock. I havent tried turning in the quest, but Since its looking for 4 bedrock, I dont think 4 jack'o'lanterns will complete the quest, will let you know if I can or cant.

Another quest with a problem, is the quest for the Flint Mattock, "Farming in the Dark" I made the flint mattock and it wont complete the quest

Thanks for letting us know. I believe both of these are in the issues tracker
but I'll check what's happening with them

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.9_Beta
Is Now Available On The FTB Launcher!!!
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker
Use the code "obscurity" to get the pack. Make sure to select version 1.1.9 too. Enjoy -Snow ;)

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.9_Beta
Is Now Available On The FTB Launcher!!!
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker
Use the code "obscurity" to get the pack. Make sure to select version 1.1.9 too. Enjoy -Snow ;)

OH MI GAWD IM SO EXCITED. I CAN FINALLY.... wait nothing's changed for me. I have the pack anyway.

Nice one snow

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry but for the moment beginnig in this pack is impossible cause this f... creepers blow me everytime :(

Zombies and skeleton hurt me pretty hard, well I'm deal with it but creepers explode like a nuclear bomb !

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Sorry but for the moment beginnig in this pack is impossible cause this f... creepers blow me everytime :(

Zombies and skeleton hurt me pretty hard, well I'm deal with it but creepers explode like a nuclear bomb !

It is hard but once you get past the first bit it does become easier (change game difficulty down if needed at the beginning)

Eric225

Jul 29, 2019
I think the "farming in the dark" quest is glitched. I have made about 4 mattocks now, with sticks as the handle and toolrods as the handles yet it still tells me that I haven't crafted it.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I think the "farming in the dark" quest is glitched. I have made about 4 mattocks now, with sticks as the handle and toolrods as the handles yet it still tells me that I haven't crafted it.
Just /HQM edit.

Was already reported to the pack makers and will probably be changed to crafting the items since HQM doesnt detect Tinkers crafting of tools.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Yep as Nuno said its broken atm. I'll have a look at it later if Johnny and Snow aren't around

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
I am really loving this pack. Are you planning to make this for a server? if so, when is the ETA for it? like are you working on it now? or are you waiting til after the pack is more solid before creating it for a server?

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
after i download the thing in the latest dowload spoiler i downloaded the 1.1.7-1.1.9 and it loaded so how do i load up the modded minecraft