[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
NEWSFLASH:
Version 1.1.9 is in the last stages of testing and will be out "soon" {According to Snow}
This update should not require a world reset but will unfortunately need a HQM reset (unless you magics it)

Reactions: SnowShock35

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I got it up and running, but I have one more question, is there a Preset map? I dont mind if there isnt, but if there is, I want to be sure I am playing it

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I got it up and running, but I have one more question, is there a Preset map? I dont mind if there isnt, but if there is, I want to be sure I am playing it
Just start a new world and it will create one from the template. If all is correct, you will be in the Deep Dark

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
yea, that was a Dumb question. Forgot to delete my old world I made when I testing LOL sorry about that. I did start a new one and got started just fine :) I am having one problem, The 3rd quest? where you have to find the cube, its a location task. I got to the cube, but there are no coords for the quest, and I am standing on it, and have been all around it, but its not completing. Am I missing something? do I need to shrink down or something?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the issue with the third quest is fixed for future versions (testing now).

/hqm edit is the command to use if any other quests have issues

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So... @AKTheKnight, lets say that I decided to manually download the last version from github and manually updated the mods accordingly to the change log but the game fails to load do to some error parsing the quadrum scripts....

Would you have any tips beside "wait for the official update"? :p

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
So... @AKTheKnight, lets say that I decided to manually download the last version from github and manually updated the mods accordingly to the change log but the game fails to load do to some error parsing the quadrum scripts....

Would you have any tips beside "wait for the official update"? :p

Wait for the official update. Not all updates are on GitHub :p

Hqm changes aren't put up

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
So far I am enjoying the pack, though Cotton seeds are being a Pain right now, been through 2 stacks of Bone meal and not a single cotton seed. Ive tried tall grass for 1 1/2 stacks, then went to normal grass. I got plenty of other seeds, but no cotton seeds.... and may I add, I hate you LOL "Because of the stupid shadows" I was just happily mining away, watching the mini map for mobs then all of a sudden I am taking dmg, I was trying to figure it out when I died. Went to recover my grave and died again. After a little research I found out that the Shadows are my enemy LOL

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
So far I am enjoying the pack, though Cotton seeds are being a Pain right now, been through 2 stacks of Bone meal and not a single cotton seed. Ive tried tall grass for 1 1/2 stacks, then went to normal grass. I got plenty of other seeds, but no cotton seeds.... and may I add, I hate you LOL "Because of the stupid shadows" I was just happily mining away, watching the mini map for mobs then all of a sudden I am taking dmg, I was trying to figure it out when I died. Went to recover my grave and died again. After a little research I found out that the Shadows are my enemy LOL

Glad you're enjoying the pack :)

I'll have a talk with snow about what can be done in terms of cotton, it may need a slight tweak.

The damage in the darkness is a feature of the dimension itself, time until damage is taken is proportional to time spent in the light

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.9_Beta
Is Now Available For Manual Download!!!
And has been submitted to the FTB 3rd Party Pack Team!!!

For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Hey Guys, It's that time again. We have released a new version of the pack. Well two but I would highly recommend 1.1.9. 1.1.8 is very broken. The testing team and @AKTheKnight have been hard at work reporting issues and keeping on top of things for us the last few days and because of this we have a new release for you (Currently only manual download). I'm also happy to announce that the pack has been submitted to the FTB 3rd party pack team and will be approved soon, so stay tuned for the post about that being available.

Also I have a quick bit of news to share that may affect the pack updates in the next few weeks/June Month.
As some of you may or may not be aware I am currently taking my GCSE's Exams. This means that I wont have a lot of time to focus on the pack stuff for the next couple of weeks due to revission and so on. However, @AKTheKnight will be keeping on top of issues and comments here for me and @JohnnyMobbins will be occasionally working on the quest book. And once I get five minutes to do so I will update the pack to fix any bugs but as for now there shouldn't be too many and the pack should be fairly stable. Anyways enjoy the update guys, Enjoy and don't forget to report issues on the tracker. -Snow ;)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
And once I get five minutes to do so I will update the pack to fix any bugs but as for now there shouldn't be too many and the pack should be fairly stable. Anyways enjoy the update guys, Enjoy and don't forget to report issues on the tracker. -Snow ;)

Just wait until I start breaking stuff left and right :p

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just started tossing out torches which fixes the shadow problem too

Edit: Also I got a cobble gen going, now I am building a pathway between my base and the Pit, to keep monsters from getting to me while I am going back and forth. The next thing I plan on working on, is a Simple mob spawner near the top part of my base so I can get more Zombies and Skeletons.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh.... that moment... when you finally get a magnum torch and can finally tear down the walls and just start expanding and get machinery running :)

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
well Just an FYI for everyone else. Simple mob spawner doesnt work up at the top. Ahh well, I will have to just try later down near the lower area lol. And magnum torch doesnt protect from Arrows haha.

I am thinking about building up into the ceiling and making a base up there. Somewhere, where I dont have to worry about falling off a Ledge. Though I am also planning on restarting my world. Just because I would have made a few different choices in my Rewards. If I had a Good PC I would love to a Lets Play on this. I do know a few really good people on Twitch, would you mind if I suggest them doing a Lets Play on this Pack?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
well Just an FYI for everyone else. Simple mob spawner doesnt work up at the top. Ahh well, I will have to just try later down near the lower area lol. And magnum torch doesnt protect from Arrows haha.

I am thinking about building up into the ceiling and making a base up there. Somewhere, where I dont have to worry about falling off a Ledge. Though I am also planning on restarting my world. Just because I would have made a few different choices in my Rewards. If I had a Good PC I would love to a Lets Play on this. I do know a few really good people on Twitch, would you mind if I suggest them doing a Lets Play on this Pack?
Mob spawning farms dont work well in the deep dark since mobs can spawn anywhere, ignoring light levels. You would had to slab a large amount of chunks around your base for it to work correctly or be 128 blocks away from any possible spawn location... But, if you can get hold of cursed earth...

magnum torchs prevent mob spawning, not arrows. Maybe you are talking about the interdiction torch? If so, it says on the quest book, they dont prevent arrows...

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was meaning, that Magnum torches only work for X amount of distance, and if A skeleton spawns it can hit you with an arrow, unless you are planning on standing on the torch the whole time :)