[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
So... I was getting really frustrated with my search for shiny ore so I decide to do a little map analysis..

Using cofh tools, I removed all the shiny ores in a square radius of 100 blocks from me. That is an 200x200 area. Since it can spawn from y level 5 to 30, that is a volume of 200x200x25 which is 1 million blocks!!!

It only removed 101 blocks! In 1 million blocks there are 101 shiny ore blocks! That is 0,01%!!

Dont you think the spawn chance needs a little boost? Its not like its going to break it to much since there is enough ferrous to get shiny ore later.
Or maybe other ores need a little nerf so more stone is available to spawn, since the chance should actually be 0,04% (3 blocks in a 16x16x25 volume) but with so many non-stone blocks, it just fails to spawn them.

The problem is all the progress that is halted in the quest book while we try to get the 10 shiny blocks. I could start building machines and all the stuff but I would rather do the normal progression with the quest book instead of finding the 10 blocks in a couple of days and suddenly unlock 20 already completed quests...

The only downside is the requirement for a world reset, since the retrogen just did nothing to me...

ps: While at it, also check lapis... is spawn rate is also kinda low... maybe due to the high density of other ores too...

Orespawn is one of the things we have been looking at. It is currently being worked on but as you pointed at it would require a world reset which is something we would like to avoid. BUT the pack is in BETA so world resets might happen. I'll add your comments onto our bug tracker and I will talk to Snow about what we can do

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.7_Beta
Reminder: Please use the Issue Tracker from now on for reporting issues. Link bellow. -Snow ;)
For the full change log click here: Changelogs
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Help!!

I want to play the pack but my boss does not let me and instead he wants me to actually work!!

What to do!?!? :D

My advice is to wait until dark and then sacrifice a golden goat from the Himalayas on your bosses desk. Sing the song of my people and then dance and set the desk on fire.

Your boss will never tell you what to do ever again (after they've fired you and told you to get out)

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowShock35

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so is quartz ore (overworld nnn mod one) supposed to gen, or to be more specific, is it intended to.
./config/cofh/world/ config file has this statement:
"block": "nnn:quartzore",
but the actual name isn't quartzore but overworldquartz or something along those lines
definately haven't found any in deep dark but that config block makes me think you had intended for it to gen.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
so is quartz ore (overworld nnn mod one) supposed to gen, or to be more specific, is it intended to.
but the actual name isn't quartzore but overworldquartz or something along those lines
definately haven't found any in deep dark but that config block makes me think you had intended for it to gen.

I will find out about this and get back to you

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019

I have passed this onto snow and you were right, it was intended to spawn but an oversight that only in the overworld.

Thanks for pointing this out

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
is the mini portal item something that uses up durability when you use it or one use? the warning was a little ominous
also, not 100% sure how I'm supposed to make bedrock.

Looking at the scripts, the mini portal is reusable and the nether gates should have 50 uses each.

About the bedrock... isnt it bedrockium?

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, the second quest, the one to go find the compact machine. It doesn't work in 1.1.7 i tried standing on all sides of it and entering it.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
The second quest has been fixed by Johnny for 1.1.8.

Anyone still having issues should use /hqm edit to force complete the quest

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
That's a problem that I will get sorted. The new update should be released in the next few hours so it might be that. I'll check

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
I Downloaded the pack, but Ive never really used MultiMC to install a pack like this, so I might be doing something wrong, but when I try to install, it says "Archive does not contain instance.cfg" i glanced through the zip file and I am not seeing it either. Did I do something wrong? or is it correct?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I Downloaded the pack, but Ive never really used MultiMC to install a pack like this, so I might be doing something wrong, but when I try to install, it says "Archive does not contain instance.cfg" i glanced through the zip file and I am not seeing it either. Did I do something wrong? or is it correct?

Here's how to install the manual version with multimc:
1) Download the pack
2) Open MultiMC and create a new instance minecraft version 1.7.10
3) Launch the instance to check it runs
4) Close the instance, press edit instance and install minecraft forge version 10.13.3.1401 or higher
5) Launch the instance again to check it works
6) Open the instance folder and drag the "minecraft" folder from the pack into the instance folder. Select overwrite when prompted.
7)Launch instance and it should all work.

If not post here or on the Github and I will see how I can help