[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Did two very short attempts so far both were unsuccessful due to bad luck with skeletons.

#1:
Started the quests and got to the one to find the compact machine. Followed the path of light with my interdiction torch and all went fine until I found the hole. I got shot and fell down in it but not very deep. I did spot an odd looking block (the compact machine) right after I got hit so I tried to climb back up using my torch. Sadly that didn't go well as I placed the torch in a small hole where I couldn't retrieve it anymore after I broke it to pick it up again. Deleted my world and made world #2.

#2:
This time I knew better what was going on so I went to the compact machine without any issues. Went inside it and got slightly confused what was going on since I'm new to this mod. Opened up the chest, took most of the content but not all of it as I was unsure if I was going back to the deep dark or not. It seems you go back indeed. As soon as I did I got shot again and fell down in the void losing quite some stuff.

Will try again later knowing what's going on now and what to do hoping skeletons won't screw me over again.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Glad you're enjoying the pack and trying it out :)

This time I knew better what was going on so I went to the compact machine without any issues. Went inside it and got slightly confused what was going on since I'm new to this mod. Opened up the chest, took most of the content but not all of it as I was unsure if I was going back to the deep dark or not. It seems you go back indeed. As soon as I did I got shot again and fell down in the void losing quite some stuff.

We are looking at how we can protect the player in the few seconds after they spawn from a compact machine. The main piece of feedback from the first trials were that mobs catch you as you load in from changing dimension. This should hopefully be fixed soon (As it may change the map it may require a new world to take effect, I will talk to the others about ways to avoid this)

If you need any tips or help feel free to ask, there are a group of 12 beta testers along with others who have been playing the pack and we are happy to help

Reactions: SnowShock35

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you're enjoying the pack and trying it out :)

We are looking at how we can protect the player in the few seconds after they spawn from a compact machine. The main piece of feedback from the first trials were that mobs catch you as you load in from changing dimension. This should hopefully be fixed soon (As it may change the map it may require a new world to take effect, I will talk to the others about ways to avoid this)

If you need any tips or help feel free to ask, there are a group of 12 beta testers along with others who have been playing the pack and we are happy to help
Could be game breaking but activating the option for the interdiction torch to interdict projectiles will protect the player if he puts the torch next to the machine

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You should change the pre-requesite for the shadows quest. I kinda ignored the quest before since I didnt needed bone meal and now I completed it just for the sakes of doing it just to find out the new quest asking for a torch when I have none since I already use them.

This quest a little sooner would avoid mistakes and greatly help the player since he will be able to create torchs after it

Edit: Also, the chandelier quest cannot be completed since the recipe is disabled

Last edited:

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to install this in the FTB Luncher and obscurity doesn't seem to work, it said the pack it's already there but it doesn't download anything.
On the Curse Luncher searching for obscurity bring nothing neither.

Any ideas or now it's another name?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to install this in the FTB Luncher and obscurity doesn't seem to work, it said the pack it's already there but it doesn't download anything.
On the Curse Luncher searching for obscurity bring nothing neither.

Any ideas or now it's another name?
First post says that is not yet available on the launchers and only for manual download...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So... are torchs and glowstone supposed to be the only light sources in the pack being torchs low-light level and glowstone high light level or could other blocks also be light sources and I am talking about vanilla stuff, not mod techy lights!

Not sure if I havent found a bug/exploit in the game... So, not posting it here

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
So... are torchs and glowstone supposed to be the only light sources in the pack being torchs low-light level and glowstone high light level or could other blocks also be light sources and I am talking about vanilla stuff, not mod techy lights!

Not sure if I havent found a bug/exploit in the game... So, not posting it here
There are plenty of other light sources. I will try and have all the light s uff sted for the next update. You will find magic light is the most powerful in this pack.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Its just me struggling to find aluminium?

Since it can spawn from 36 to 128, it kinda makes it hard to find... or I am just very unlucky!

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
We are looking at how we can protect the player in the few seconds after they spawn from a compact machine. The main piece of feedback from the first trials were that mobs catch you as you load in from changing dimension. This should hopefully be fixed soon (As it may change the map it may require a new world to take effect, I will talk to the others about ways to avoid this)p
Having a 30 second buff that protects you from all damage/knockback/etc until you actually move (moving = buff removed) could actually do the trick. This is used in several games but I doubt a mod for this exists.

I actually didn't get hit instantly. I changed dimension in a very short time (few seconds) and got hit when I tried climbing out.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
My Progress so far :)

You should think about slabbing all the ground of you base and top of some blocks like barrels... In the deep dark mobs spawn whatever the light level. You might not notice since they have a lot of place to spawn, but if the spawnable area becomes reduced or spawn mechanics more aggressive, you will have problems!

Also, put slabs on the outer side of the walls, so spiders cannot climb them!

I know that making the mobs more aggressive would cause a lot of trouble at beginning the game but... would be awesome that mobs become more hard later in the game... Some kind of zombie awareness/special AI that would only trigger after a couple of hours or some quests done so the player could be punished for mistakes he has done in the past or keeping the game challenging since in mid/latter game the 'hardcore' just become very manageable. The difficulty and the challenges need to progress with the player.

That is the thing I love in hard packs. Its not them being insane hard, its being actually easy/normal if you do the right things and being severely punished if you get sloppy. Like BnB, if you know what you are doing and you do stuff correctly, its not an hard pack(except the initial stages while you are still trying to get an hole to survive).

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
That is the thing I love in hard packs. Its not them being insane hard, its being actually easy/normal if you do the right things and being severely punished if you get sloppy

That you for saying this. This is pretty much our aim for this pack.

We will not be making the start easier as people really just need to think differently and work it out. It really is quite easy if you just do things in the right order.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
That you for saying this. This is pretty much our aim for this pack.

We will not be making the start easier as people really just need to think differently and work it out. It really is quite easy if you just do things in the right order.
I meant the other way. Initial difficulty is good but after a couple hours, we start gearing up, securing our base and the difficulty becamous manageable... To much manageable. Making a large base like that, without slabbing the floor or making tall walls without spider protection and mob traps should not be possible. That base should not be a safe heaven!

What I was trying to say is that difficulty should increase with time so mistakes like that base would hit him hard latter in the game and force him to rethink his strategy.

YoshiiPowa

Jul 29, 2019
I meant the other way. Initial difficulty is good but after a couple hours, we start gearing up, securing our base and the difficulty becamous manageable... To much manageable. Making a large base like that, without slabbing the floor or making tall walls without spider protection and mob traps should not be possible. That base should not be a safe heaven!

What I was trying to say is that difficulty should increase with time so mistakes like that base would hit him hard latter in the game and force him to rethink his strategy.

Yeah that was all temp. I am collection enough resources to just safe protect everything i can. which is what i been working on getting done last couple of hours.