[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

YoshiiPowa

Jul 29, 2019
I have two bugs i found in the last hour to report.
Quest Book Bug - Magnetism Quest (Coin of Fortune) It does not notice that you have crafted the said item.
Block Bug - Market, Can't buy any spawn eggs. I have 40 Emeralds and refuses to give me eggs. I can buy seeds and saplings.

Also does my grass area need to be larger? I have had it like this since yesterday and nothing is spawning.

My Progress so far in the quest book since the last image was posted.

Reactions: SnowShock35

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I have two bugs i found in the last hour to report.
Quest Book Bug - Magnetism Quest (Coin of Fortune) It does not notice that you have crafted the said item.
Block Bug - Market, Can't buy any spawn eggs. I have 40 Emeralds and refuses to give me eggs. I can buy seeds and saplings.

Also does my grass area need to be larger? I have had it like this since yesterday and nothing is spawning.

My Progress so far in the quest book since the last image was posted.
Wow fantastic work mate at playing through the pack so quickly, finding bugs, working round those that are in there and being so active towards our project. Thank you greatly.
As a reward of your amazing work you are welcome, if you would like, to join the testing team. If so just send us a PM of your skype and I'll add ya ;) -Snow

Reactions: AKTheKnight

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.7_Beta
Is Now Available For Manual Download!!!
For the full change log click here: Change log
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Note: Hey guys, really sorry about this taking so long almost 6 days later we've fixed the pack and it's now ready to use again. It's up currently for manual download and once things are looking more stable we'll be submitting it to the 3rd Party Team to be processed. I would also like to take the time to mention that A. Pack download has been halved like we had hoped. B. We are glad to introduce the 12 Pack testers to our team who are listed in the credits section of the thread. C. Once we hit 10k views on this thread we will submit the pack for public listed pack so that it can be seen on the third party packs tab. Cool huh? So tell your friends, share this page and lets reach this goal. Anyways it's been a long week so far so time for rest once again. Will keep ya updated with any info and enjoy the new update of the pack! -Snow ;)

Last edited:

DisOleBlock

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, thanks for the manual download, enjoying it so far. Just a couple things I noticed with the quest "Get to the Cube". Number one being that I couldn't get the quest to complete with out /hqm edit. Standing near the cube nor entering the cube seems to not register for the quest. Secondly the pick you get as a quest reward for finishing the quest is a vanilla wooden pick, is it supposed to be a tinker's pick? As the quest after ask you to pick up the cube after applying a diamond, and both of these quest are before the tinker's quest. I'll keep playing and let you know if I run into anything else.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, thanks for the manual download, enjoying it so far. Just a couple things I noticed with the quest "Get to the Cube". Number one being that I couldn't get the quest to complete with out /hqm edit. Standing near the cube nor entering the cube seems to not register for the quest. Secondly the pick you get as a quest reward for finishing the quest is a vanilla wooden pick, is it supposed to be a tinker's pick? As the quest after ask you to pick up the cube after applying a diamond, and both of these quest are before the tinker's quest. I'll keep playing and let you know if I run into anything else.

Thanks mate. We will get all these little bugs fixed very quickly.

If you can use this Issue Tracker it will make is easier to keep track of what needs to be fixed.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019

Both issues fixed. The pick is meant to be a wooden one. Its just to allow people to get a few blocks early on to protect themselves.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying to launch this pack through MultiMC 5 without any luck nor experience using this software.
I've tried creating an instance in MMC5 based on 1.7.10 and copied the modpack files into the respective instance folder keeping the same file structure I see FTB client uses. But this ain't cutting it apparently.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Here's how to install the manual version with multimc:
1) Download the pack
2) Open MultiMC and create a new instance minecraft version 1.7.10
3) Launch the instance to check it runs
4) Close the instance, press edit instance and install minecraft forge version 10.13.3.1401 or higher
5) Launch the instance again to check it works
6) Open the instance folder and drag the "minecraft" folder from the pack into the instance folder. Select overwrite when prompted.
7)Launch instance and it should all work.

If not post here or on the Github and I will see how I can help

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
You can try, I think the advice atm is to start again. Come back on skype and talk in the beta group to see what they think

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So... what I have noticed so far....
You disabled mincraft tools but left out the hoes and then you ask us to do a stone hoe for one of the quests. Would make more sense to also disable the hoes and ask us to get a flint mattock?

And... slow down on the food resources! I havent even lost all my saturation and I already have 32 sandwichs and 16 fried chicken! Without hunger overhaul.... that is a LOT of food

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
So... what I have noticed so far....
You disabled mincraft tools but left out the hoes and then you ask us to do a stone hoe for one of the quests. Would make more sense to also disable the hoes and ask us to get a flint mattock?

And... slow down on the food resources! I havent even lost all my saturation and I already have 32 sandwichs and 16 fried chicken! Without hunger overhaul.... that is a LOT of food

Thanks for your comments:
1) The hoes quest has been added to our list off issues to look at with your suggestion of the flint mattock
2) The earlier versions had issues of people running out of food and it was very difficult to get more, obviously we might have compensated a little bit too much, this has also been added to the tracker and will be looked over