[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

Shizzr

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Just wanted to say that I really love the pack! Such a variety of cool mods and quests, simply awesome =)

For me, there are already enough quests. I really appreciate the work you have put into the pack and I think if I was you, I wouldn't have the patience to construct the Quest Lines new or even to start writing them new.
Just an spontaneous idea: you could make several "Questpacks" in wich you put different quests. For example a magic Questpack, where quests for thaumcraft, ars magica etc. are, a techy questpack with TE, AE etc. so you just have to download and switch out the quest data in the config files.
Wouldn't be the most convenient way though ...

EPIIC_THUNDERCAT

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know where to put bugs yet but i seem to have found a server bug, :eek:n the quest book when you click on the ender chests quest you seem to always get "fatal error has occurred" also the dummy quest, most likely this is a known bug

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say that I really love the pack! but it needs something like decocraft or
something like that to make base look real good and the end needs something to:) i do love
this pack

Titan_of_Time

Jul 29, 2019
@Fuuzect, would it not be possible to wait for the 5.x version to be released? Will that enable more quests to be added or will it still have the hard cap of 950 (or w/e it is)

On a sidenote, Im pretty sure I read somewhere previously that you were against adding Mystcraft to the pack. Would you have the same stance on adding RFTools?

Mistress Elara

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help - is there a page for cross breeding crops, which crops create another (IE what makes Rye seed, Scallion Seed, Bean Seed etc). I've never done crop breeding before and there are loads of guides on how to, but I don't know what to combine! It's a little frustrating when the book doesn't tell you anything other than how to turn in the quest.

Thanks

PopcornDelta

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't have a file like that, but the Quest book gives some hints for the cross breeding.

For instance, the plant directly before the plant you are trying tot get in the quest chain is always one of the plants needed in the cross breeding of the new one. The other plant that you need will always be one of the "ancestors" of this plant in the chain. This means that whenever you are trying tot get a new mutation, you already know one of the plants you need and you only have a few options for the other one.

I'm not sure whether this approach works for the first few breeds, but it seems to work for the later ones. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, someone else can probably explain it a lot better. English isn't my first language and Dutch autocorrect is trying to mess this up.

Btw Fuuzect, loving the pack so far

Mistress Elara

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't have a file like that, but the Quest book gives some hints for the cross breeding.

For instance, the plant directly before the plant you are trying tot get in the quest chain is always one of the plants needed in the cross breeding of the new one. The other plant that you need will always be one of the "ancestors" of this plant in the chain. This means that whenever you are trying tot get a new mutation, you already know one of the plants you need and you only have a few options for the other one.

I'm not sure whether this approach works for the first few breeds, but it seems to work for the later ones. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, someone else can probably explain it a lot better. English isn't my first language and Dutch autocorrect is trying to mess this up.

Btw Fuuzect, loving the pack so far

Actually that makes sense. I was just thinking it would get more complicated and a page/file that lists what to breed to get what would be easier.

Thanks.

Shizzr

Jul 29, 2019
If you're really struggling with a mutation you can also peek inside the config->agricraft-> mutations file. Just search for the name of the seed you want to breed and you'll find out which other seeds you need ;)
Bit cheaty though, but in case you just can't go on its legit, in my opinion :D

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.. so trying otu 1.2.1 now.. and the factorization colossus are bugged all to hell. There a way to fix it? I have one that's stuck in a none-moving state, with a depleted healthbar.

killerjwb86

Jul 29, 2019
Any one else run into the problom where you cant open the hqm on a server.It works great in single player but not on the server.I have checked to make sure they have the same version of hqm and same mod packs.Edit mode is off and sync option is true.We are on 1.2.1 .

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
Any one else run into the problom where you cant open the hqm on a server.It works great in single player but not on the server.I have checked to make sure they have the same version of hqm and same mod packs.Edit mode is off and sync option is true.We are on 1.2.1 .
Have you fixed this problem yet?

ljo9091

Jul 29, 2019
Have you fixed this problem yet?
It appears that the server files contains a very old version of the quests.hqm file dated in April. I was able to fix this by copying the client version to the server. Not really sure if this will cause issues later on but it worked.

ezendiba

Jul 29, 2019
As you can read earlyer in this thread, he has some problems with the quests and how he has to rearrange them or something else :) I guess that is what we are waiting for.