[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing Ultimate Questpack and I lag a lot. HELP!!!:(

How much ram are you allocating? This pack probably needs around 3gb.

Try fastcraft.
Try optifine.

Try with these JVM arguments:
-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking

Some people (like me), with limited amount of ram, get better fps with multimc, so that could be worth a try as well.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, try disabeling journeymap and use another minimap mod instead.

These are just suggestions and might not work for everyone.

Edit 2:

Another thing you can tweak if you want increased performance is to go to the botania config. Find these lines:

D:flowerParticles.frequency=1.00

I:worldgen.flower.density=16

Lower particle frequency to a minimum, and density to a level which you feel is acceptable without having to travel all over the world for flowers..

If you get a high fps boost from this, and feel it's worth looking for a longer time for flowers, consider lower this:

I:worldgen.flower.quantity=2

This helps me a lot at least, so I guess it might help others too. For reference, I use:

D:flowerParticles.frequency=0.40
I:worldgen.flower.density=7
I:worldgen.flower.quantity=2

Last edited:
Reactions: DrShark12

The Banana King

Jul 29, 2019
How much ram are you allocating? This pack probably needs around 3gb.

Try fastcraft.
Try optifine.

Try with these JVM arguments:
-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking

Some people (like me), with limited amount of ram, get better fps with multimc, so that could be worth a try as well.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, try disabeling journeymap and use another minimap mod instead.

These are just suggestions and might not work for everyone.
ok

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
FINALLY! The pack is out in under an hour!!!

kbtV8zN.gif

Baby-scare-laugh-reaction.gif

D3Rn7hp.gif

Mystical Chill

Jul 29, 2019
@Fuuzect (Or anyone else who might help)

Okay I have to ask because it seems to be an interesting issue...

Is ore generation derped for iron and gold? I created my mine, very big at the moment and I seem to be finding a large number of gold vs iron. On my last trip I found 186 Gold ore versus 31 Iron Ore. I have found that the tinkers gravel iron ore is a better way to find iron for me at the moment. I am in a normal forest biome.

That's all, just wondered, no big deal, but wanted to point it out in case.

Thanks!!!

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
@Fuuzect (Or anyone else who might help)

Okay I have to ask because it seems to be an interesting issue...

Is ore generation derped for iron and gold? I created my mine, very big at the moment and I seem to be finding a large number of gold vs iron. On my last trip I found 186 Gold ore versus 31 Iron Ore. I have found that the tinkers gravel iron ore is a better way to find iron for me at the moment. I am in a normal forest biome.

That's all, just wondered, no big deal, but wanted to point it out in case.

Thanks!!!

I know gold is really easy to find, but I think you can find more iron higher up. I can look some into ore gen later this evening.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
YAYYYYY

On the launcher it's saying the version 1.1.1 is ready. You have the changelog ?

Sorry, but it is just a derp that happened when they fixed the pack. I have an update close to ready which I will submit next week. It contains IC2 quests, mod updates + Thermal Dynamics and Iguana Tweaks.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Its going pretty good for now but most of the quests dont have an explanation. Just sayin

I am working with descriptions, and I have finished most of them for the quests in the first questline. It takes a bit of time and I won't finish it all at once.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
I am working pretty hard on descriptions, and I have finished the descriptions for most of the quests in the first questline. It takes a bit of time and I won't finish it all at once.
Ok its not a big deal objectives are quite simple to understand. But descriptions make it more lore friendly and stuff.

Titan_of_Time

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone found a good biome to find emeralds in? I looked at BoP's world gen on the wiki and went and found a Moor (coz apparently emeralds spawn there), but after mining for over an hour didnt find a single one.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone found a good biome to find emeralds in? I looked at BoP's world gen on the wiki and went and found a Moor (coz apparently emeralds spawn there), but after mining for over an hour didnt find a single one.
Try nether ores. They are very rare but when you find one it worth 5 emeralds.

thewillowvoid

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like most packs like 4gb RAM allocated, as far as no quests being present, are you using Multimc to run the pack? If so, did you ensure you moved all the files and folders? also this may have nothing to do with it and it's been awhile since I started playing this pack, but you may have to do (/hqm quest) without parenthesis to initialize the quests.
Yeah I was just being a dumb and instead of taking out the config flies inside the folder i just moved the entire config folder...into my config folder...But I have gotten it working!

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
I find 2 disguisting things:
That annoying frickin' spice of life, lol, its really annoying, how do i disable it withouth breaking the quests?
And then the iron spawn rate, its really low

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Ok its not a big deal objectives are quite simple to understand. But descriptions make it more lore friendly and stuff.

I know, but it just takes some time. All the new quests will have descriptions and I add some on old quests from time to time.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
I find 2 disguisting things:
That annoying frickin' spice of life, lol, its really annoying, how do i disable it withouth breaking the quests?
And then the iron spawn rate, its really low

Go into spice of life configs and turn this to false. It is at the very top:
" main " {
# If false, disables the entire diminishing returns part of the mod
B:food.modifier.enabled=true
}

Think I will up the iron spawn rate or add more rewards in quests or maybe both.

Mystical Chill

Jul 29, 2019

Extreme Hills is the best biome for emeralds. Found 5 in about 30min of strip mining.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, do you believe any of your current updates will require a new world?

I haven't had the need for it myself, so no. There are some new world generation though, like ArsMagica ores, but if you go far out and generate new chunks, you can still find them.