[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe just remove Shards of Laputa from bags entirely? They are such a niche tool that few players are likely to be happy to pull one, much less the half dozen or so I got when playing 0.2.0.

Botania is full of other artifacts that would be very welcome as bag rewards though, and more variety there would be nice. I remember lots of Laputa Shards and lots of Terra Shatterers.

You deserve a lot of credit for the pack and for sticking with it in spite of the setback, Caigan. Thanks.

i too agree we on cutting down on the amount of laputa shards. it is too much. i ran a small test and more than 50% is laputa shards...

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
MINOR BETA UPDATE

So far, no huge game breaking issues have been reported to me here, in Discord, or elsewhere.

There are some issues that have come up, which are the following :

• Thermal Dynamics Item Ducts do not get along with many NuclearCraft machines, causing a crash. Use EnderIO Item Conduits instead.
    • A tooltip has been added to all TD Item Ducts to warn players.
  • The Nuclearcraft Paul creature (scientist with a...weird...face) has been disabled from spawning.
    • Amusing and helpful alone, but they like to spawn in large numbers and get very annoying.
These changes do not warrant a Beta B version yet. Things are looking good!

I must be as blind as a bat - or something - how do I find my way to your discord chat?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan... after some time, it reset again... =(
i was so happy... but it was a false alarm...
i think the problem is with the scorebord in multiMC... but i can't find a any solution =/

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
a pair of past comments feel like a relevant reminder their from April
Ah I forgot about that. It was buried in my Trello, and I've mostly spent more time catching up to the crash point that things like the Thaumcraft change.

I've marked down in my Trello to go through all the common monster drops and revalue them, but for now I've increased Ethereal Essences up to 50.

vannila only has 1 change fmc wise this update and its only a detector track .
I was going to revalue all the track stuff later, but I took the time this morning to revalue the Track and Booster Track as well, adding FMC values for the few railcraft (and immersive engineering equivalents) that are used.

All three rails have changed value.

if certus dust is going to be 1500 fmc then why are certus quartz seeds from AE changed to 1000 each (when a recipe makes 2 ,1500+sand is not to =2000 when sand is below 1 fmc each)shouldn't certus seeds be half the fmc of the certus dust ?
There is no 750 FMC value. It gets rounded up to 1,000 instead.

liquid pink slime should be a disabled dimlet because
Good point, now disabled.

liquid sunshine can i ask why this fluid deserves a 20k rf/t upkeep?
I mostly did a quick match with its components at the time (glowstone). I've lowered it to rarity 4 and lessened the create and maintain costs accordingly.

Maybe just remove Shards of Laputa from bags entirely? They are such a niche tool that few players are likely to be happy to pull one, much less the half dozen or so I got when playing 0.2.0.
Do note that things you get in bags will 99% likely be valued, so you can turn right around and crate and ship them for some coins. Higher end Laputa shards can earn you up to 500 or more coins, for example.

But, given that, I have made a change to the Botania A1 bag. All non-Laputa shard rewards have been increased in frequency in the bag. This should give you a much more likely chance to get a non Laputa shard reward from them.

Botania is full of other artifacts that would be very welcome as bag rewards though, and more variety there would be nice.
I was under the impression these were coded in a certain way, but I didn't really probe into it. I mostly wanted to leave them as rewards from the Dice of Fate at the time I originally FMC Valued Botania, but I'll add them to the A1 bag as well.

i think the problem is with the scorebord in multiMC... but i can't find a any solution =/
This is also an issue I think only you and maybe one other person has had. I don't know how to fix it either, unfortunately.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
This is also an issue I think only you and maybe one other person has had. I don't know how to fix it either, unfortunately.

better questing is not better for me =(

well i'll try to play without any extra mod, and see... if work at last with optfine it's ok to me.. i'll update if works

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
vannila only has 1 change fmc wise this update and its only a detector track .

I was going to revalue all the track stuff later, but I took the time this morning to revalue the Track and Booster Track as well, adding FMC values for the few railcraft (and immersive engineering equivalents) that are used.
that part of my comment was supposed to only reference that no other mob drops from vanilla mobs got changed in the update as a follow up to the ethereal essence comment i made . It was not supposed to be seen as a complaint or anything about rails . I apologize for not being clear in that aspect.

skull1

Jul 29, 2019
the 200000 crate is supposed to be crafted only with that 3 items or are some script missing?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
the 200000 crate is supposed to be crafted only with that 3 items or are some script missing?
There's multiple items right now that are worth over 200,000 FMC, even 1 million FMC. Some of these right now crate in 200,000 FMC crates (plus smaller crates) for turning in.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan.. i play the modpack without any change, just download install and play... the good is.. the reputacion don't reset, but.. i'm geting crash, on swamp, with RTG, 2 times... =/ i'll put the logs here.
The swamp part has little to do with this issue. Unfortunately you are hitting a bug in Better Questing that the dev is currently working on fixing.

Sorry that you are having such bad luck. =(

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
The swamp part has little to do with this issue. Unfortunately you are hitting a bug in Better Questing that the dev is currently working on fixing.

Sorry that you are having such bad luck. =(

well.. i just go there for de clay... so.. it's not a problem, my base is so far any way, thanks for the information =)
and better quest has made to **** my life... ¬¬

Mod Edit: Language

Last edited by a moderator:

skull1

Jul 29, 2019
i get this random crash after some time of playing, could it be multiMC? is there a way to test it in the ftb launcher? (optifine and x-ray disabled, i use it only for full bright function, not causing the issue in this case)
crash report:
http://pastebin.com/FTBXuk8j

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
i get this random crash after some time of playing, could it be multiMC? is there a way to test it in the ftb launcher? (optifine and x-ray disabled, i use it only for full bright function, not causing the issue in this case)
crash report:
http://pastebin.com/FTBXuk8j
Unfortunately this is the same problem Felipe's run into, which the BQ dev is currently working on fixing. The update will be up on the FTB and Curse launchers some time in the next few days.

skull1

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately this is the same problem Felipe's run into, which the BQ dev is currently working on fixing. The update will be up on the FTB and Curse launchers some time in the next few days.
well, i hope it will be solved soon, now its unplayable, the strange is that im getting this crash more often only now in the last few hours, before it was only some time but still playable, maybe is caused by something i recently built.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
well, i hope it will be solved soon, now its unplayable, the strange is that im getting this crash more often only now in the last few hours, before it was only some time but still playable, maybe is caused by something i recently built.
Possibly. Aside from Felipe, only had one or two other people have this issue. This is what we've worked out works for the time being to keep playing :
  • Run a dedicated server for yourself. You can do this on the same computer.
  • Start a new world, and use the admin commands to catch your quest progress back up. It might be something specific in the world or not.
I have some ideas what might trigger this on my end of things, which I'll be looking into. For now, let me know if you do those and those work.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly. Aside from Felipe, only had one or two other people have this issue. This is what we've worked out works for the time being to keep playing :
  • Run a dedicated server for yourself. You can do this on the same computer.
  • Start a new world, and use the admin commands to catch your quest progress back up. It might be something specific in the world or not.
I have some ideas what might trigger this on my end of things, which I'll be looking into. For now, let me know if you do those and those work.

well.. i try to play today, and get more crash... 2 more times... i'll try with optifine later... just for test... i think i'll wait more, for future updates... leg spikes, and this crash.. it's not cool...
the big problem for me is.. reload the modpack for 3 mins, and crash...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.2.1 : The Gosh Heckie Update Released!

After a fairly calm beta, the update is now up FTB launcher, and will be up on the Curse launcher soon! (may take a day or so)

Server Download for those not using FTB Launcher.

IMPORTANT NOTES
  • EXISTING WORLDS
    • Reset HQM Progress : You will need to reset your HQM progress (See this link). This will hopefully be the final time we need to do this!
    • Update Quest Database : You will need to run the Firmware Update in your QUEST Tablet's Initial Research page (or do /bq_admin default load). Better Questing does not automatically update a world's quest database.
    • Reputation Progress : To fix some issues, the names for Reputation had to be changed. If you have reputation progress you would like to keep, you can use the commands at the bottom of this page to update your reputation
  • ALL WORLDS
    • Thermal Expansion Item Ducts and NuclearCraft don't get along. I've added tooltips to warn about this.
  • NEW MODS
    • Better Questing - Bloody Quests - Blood Magic support for BQ. Added for future use.
    • Railcraft - Perhaps the most requested mod, finally added.
    • NuclearCraft - Another highly requested mod as an alternative to Big Reactors.
    • Gun Customization - Replacing the loved weapon types from Matter Overdrive, Gun Customization adds modern weapons.
    • Logistics Pipes - Decently requested mod, improving on Buildcraft's pipe system in powerful ways.
    • ZZZZZ Configs - Minetweaker and Modtweaker do almost everything I need. This covers the last of it.
    • No More Recipe Conflict - In place just in case two mod recipes conflict. The recipes will still be fixed for automation purposes, but this prevents stopping questing progress.
    • Avaritiaddons - Very small mod that adds a few items, most importantly an Autocrafting version of the Dire Crafting Table (aka the Ferret Workbench)
    • Wanionlib - Core mod for Avaritiaddons.
  • REMOVED MODS
    • Matter Overdrive - While a fantastic mod, it had a lot of underlying issues that made it a problem both from a balance standpoint and a stability standpoint.
    • Dimensional Anchors + Immibis Core - With Railcraft, Dimensional Anchors is no longer needed.
    • Bee Specific - Unnecessary as BQ will handle Bee quests.
  • QUESTING
    • 65+ New Quests!
      • 40+ Administrative quests (covering reputation tracking, rewards, unlocking special research, and more!)
      • 12 new Researchology quests, 25x versions for a bigger reward.
        • As well, SAGMill automation has been added, but for a fraction of the reward.
      • 14 Applied Energistics 2 quests
        • This is an incomplete questline. The other half will be in the next update.
        • Initial rough draft was done by joshwoo70
      • 70+ quests updated with various fixes
    • Reputation scoreboard names have changed, which will fix not being able to use commands on them, as well as some other issues. SEE NOTES
  • BLIND BAGS
    • New Bags! Storage Drawers adds Cheap and Good tier bags to the pool!
    • Bag values have been restructured, to more evenly spread out the higher tier items! All Decent and above bags have been repopulated, and some Cheap bags have been repopulated as well (such as Thaumcraft)
    • Blind Bag of Blind Bag(BBoBB) rates have been adjusted. Amazing bags are less likely to be obtained from lower level BBoBB's.
  • CORPORATE CATALOG
    • The HQM Reputation Tracks were removed finally, and replaced with a message to use the BQ reputation tracking.
    • Category Changes
      • Materials and Ores now called Materials n' Ores
      • Accessories now called Personal Equipment
      • Added Magic n' Technology section
      • Added Misc Goods section
    • Some items have been shifted to the new categories
    • New shop items : AE2 Inscriber Plates, Sky Stone, Shard of Time, Thaumcraft Aura Node
      • Shard of Time is used in Railcraft Anchors. Be sure to check the Guide on Chunk Loading in the pack, though!
  • FMC SYSTEM
    • Storage Drawers, MineFactory Reloaded, and Aura Cascade items have been FMC Valued.
    • Some other items have been revalued.
      • Biggest of note is Thaumcraft's Phials of Essentia (all now worth 25) and Ethereal Essence (all now worth 50)
    • Tooltips have been adjusted for many items.
  • SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    • 200,000 FMC crate updated. New turn in quest, can break down to smaller crates, and can automate turn in via SAG Mill
      • Note : The 200,000 FMC Crate is only obtainable by crating very high value items.
    • A few missing 1K crate combinations have been added.
  • MOD UPDATES, CONFIG CHANGES, AND OTHER THINGS
    • Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes
    • The Guide (accessible to the left of your inventory) has been updated with new pages about Chunk Loading and Admin Commands
    • RFTools dimlets have been reset and completely rebalanced.
    • Grimoire of Gaia creatures have been toned down
    • Many recipe fixes
    • A bunch more I haven't mentioned
As always, check the full Changelog in my signature!

This is a fairly big update (the full Changelog is 25 pages!), even with my bad hardware failure and setback. A lot of bug fixes.

As much as I wanted to do a 0.2.2 release by the end of the year, it is not likely. I'm already plotting on the next update though, which will be a lot more quests, some work on the Supply and Demand system, and more.

If Better Questing and addon mods for it update to version 2 before the end of the year, I definitely will put together a smaller update. I know the number of folks with the hashmap crash is very small, but it is a very annoying issue to me.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Using the 0.2.1 beta and compacting drawers are acting up again messing up with FMC values. (putting in iron ingots and getting compressed crafting table)

Z102f

Edit: imgur not playing nicely; here is the link
Second pic shows more incorrect trades for redstone, coal, nether quartz and Thaumcraft golden coins (gives out magic tallow and crafting tables).

Last edited: