[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, yeah I'm doing an RF quest, I've done some of the smaller ones before, and I'm now doing a big one.
So that's likely why I noticed it happen at random, and not it just happens constantly.
Yep. I've filed a bug report with the dev. Hoping that gets fixed soon.

Apparently RF quests are a constant trouble for this pack, lol. Batteries were only the beginning!

D

Damien530

Hey Caigan I was just opening blind bags and got a Carenters Blocks Blind Bag Series C 2, and a Malisis Doors Blind Bag Series G 1 that does not seem to be able to be opened

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan I was just opening blind bags and got a Carenters Blocks Blind Bag Series C 2, and a Malisis Doors Blind Bag Series G 1 that does not seem to be able to be opened
Yeah, I forgot to remove those two from the drops. Their contents were moved to other bags when I was building the bags. I suggest destroying those and spawning yourself 1 C1 bag from each mod.

D

Damien530

Hey Caigan with the new better questing mod while using a resourcepack (such as fanver or invictus) I get a black screen for a few seconds when the quest completed overlay is supposed to show after completing a quest, is there any known way around this other than disabling the resourcepacks?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan with the new better questing mod while using a resourcepack (such as fanver or invictus) I get a black screen for a few seconds when the quest completed overlay is supposed to show after completing a quest, is there any known way around this other than disabling the resourcepacks?
Hm, I'm not sure. I can't find any mention of this issue elsewhere currently. I'll keep looking into it.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that I no longer rake up reputation when I buy stuff, complete quests etc, is this correct?
Or is it just not updating in the HQM view?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that I no longer rake up reputation when I buy stuff, complete quests etc, is this correct?
Or is it just not updating in the HQM view?
Oops! I forgot to remove those reputation tracks from the HQM view. Better Questing has its own reputation tracker, and the two don't work together. Sorry for the confusion!

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok. I noticed it because I was looking at buying exchange tokens, and I noticed that it said "Shop loyalty 0 >= 100", which I figure means, i've got 0, and I need 100.
Now in the old version, this was earned through buying, this time around however I'm not sure how it's earned.

G

grifff

I believe the Curse client for Mac now has Minecraft support in it as well, see if that gives you the same issues with Java updated to 8.
Sorry it took me forever to reply, but there is no Curse client for Mac!

D

Damien530

Hey Caigan, I fixed the issue with the black screen by going into the configs putting true for hiding update notifications, and also disabling quest notifications. Weirdly enough when I went into the game I still get notifications, but no longer get the black screen when I turn in quests

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
I just started the game and I've noticed something odd, many of the quests that I'd completed are now labelled as

Complete
Unclaimed rewards

Which is weird as I've claimed them, also there's nothing left to claim.
Even quests that weren't completed before hand, that I'm in fact completing now, come up with this same issue after I've claimed their rewards.

upload_2016-8-11_11-5-33.png

It doesn't happen on all items, and frankly I can't seem to figure out the pattern either. It has nothing to do with what rewards are handed out from what I can see, nothing to do with reputation, frankly I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, I figured it out! Only took me like 5 extra seconds xD

All the "unclaimed" quests are the repeatable quests. Once the time runs out it reverts to the unclaimed stage.

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a problem with my old 0.1.4 map: http://pastebin.com/8fFHaT7k
Loading a backup solved the problem, but I thought I let you know.

Also I might have found what causes the microlags that happen every now and then:
Code:
Exception in thread "NEI Item Loading Operation Timer" [22:04:20] [NEI Item Loading Operation Timer/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
[22:04:20] [NEI Item Loading Operation Timer/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at java.lang.Thread.stop(Unknown Source)
[22:04:20] [NEI Item Loading Operation Timer/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:     at codechicken.nei.ThreadOperationTimer.run(ThreadOperationTimer.java:59)

Last edited:

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I don't know if this is intentional... But if you put the wood tokens in the crafting bench you get 64:1 so they're kinda infinite. Wasn't sure if it's intentional

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
@Scottly318 The token crafting is intended. Its just a way to get plenty of tokens for turning coins into vouchers. Coins are the bottleneck that need to be earned and are transformed into vouchers with the addition of a recipe catalyst in the form of the tokens.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a problem with my old 0.1.4 map: http://pastebin.com/8fFHaT7k
Loading a backup solved the problem, but I thought I let you know.
Seen this once before, CompactMachines does something odd. Reverting to a backup is the easiest way to fix it.

Also I might have found what causes the microlags that happen every now and then:
Odd. I'll look into that.

Another cause of the micro stutters, though, is having the Snooper enabled, so make sure its disabled in your options.

Wasn't sure if it's intentional
It's intentional for automation purposes. I thought I had updated the tooltip text to mention this, looks like I haven't. Sorry for the confusion!

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!
We now have an official unofficial server for all of the TFB members to roam in! Meet up with people and stuff!
Address : tfb.miles.scot
However, we are not your bugtracker on the server so please report all bugs to the forum thread instead.
Have fun! :)
Ps : discord