[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
o/ i just found a weird issue when you connect a Draconic Reactor Stabilizer to a Open computers Adapter you get a internal server error and get kicked from the server it works just fine in single player
Hm, this might be an issue thats solved with an update to Open Computers, as I've had a few other reports of issues in multiplayer as well. I'll add it to the trello to investigate.

S

Sytherite

I was enjoying the pack, and got busy with my job for a few days, and went to play some, and it kept crashing at startup...didn't do really anything since I last played so I dunno why its crashing.

http://pastebin.com/W4AxJr0g

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I was enjoying the pack, and got busy with my job for a few days, and went to play some, and it kept crashing at startup...didn't do really anything since I last played so I dunno why its crashing.

http://pastebin.com/W4AxJr0g
This is a recurring issue I'm hoping I can get fixed, one way or another.

The troubleshooting document linked in my forum signature details how to find your install folder, and links to files to fix this issue.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Your analogy is poor and irrelevant, I'll have you know I'm 48 and very close to my 49th year this September. I can have ice-cream whenever I want! :D

Acting like a brat wont actually make you any younger you know. But let's continue in PM if you feel like take this any further.

Anyone has problems with the new batteries? I can only charge the 1st tier ones, then there's no recipes.

Reactions: Everlasting2
N

NeevanGman

I remember a while back that you were considering NuclearCraft and Matter Overdrive - have you come to a decision on these, or are they still possibilities? Matter Overdrive could be a nice mod in this pack, and NuclearCraft has added a lot of really nice features since then, and dramatically improved a lot of its older features. It is beginning to have the potential to overtake Big Reactors in terms of popularity nowadays, I think.

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
I remember a while back that you were considering NuclearCraft and Matter Overdrive - have you come to a decision on these, or are they still possibilities? Matter Overdrive could be a nice mod in this pack, and NuclearCraft has added a lot of really nice features since then, and dramatically improved a lot of its older features. It is beginning to have the potential to overtake Big Reactors in terms of popularity nowadays, I think.
Matter Overdrive is already in :)

N

NeevanGman

Oh really? Well, I was not aware of that :)
It wasn't on the mod list, so I just assumed it wasn't in :p

N

NeevanGman

afaik it got added with the last update and NuclearCraft looks rly interesting :eek: would love to give it a try :3
Ah, ok, that makes sense - can't wait to dig into it.
NuclearCraft used to just be a slightly less good Big Reactors with some weird Fusion Reactors - now it's a great alternative and more. The fission reactors are hugely improved, and the Fusion Reactors now look very cool. There's also a particle accelerator in the works which I can't wait to use.

LupaPup

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I am having a hard time locating the server version for this pack, would someone be able to provide me with a link, or tell me where to find it?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone has problems with the new batteries? I can only charge the 1st tier ones, then there's no recipes.
Unfortunately I didn't realize the recipes above tier 1 wouldn't work correctly, which is why they don't get displayed.

I remember a while back that you were considering NuclearCraft and Matter Overdrive - have you come to a decision on these, or are they still possibilities?
Matter Overdrive is currently in the pack now.

NuclearCraft I was testing on a private server with some others for a while, but I decided to put it on the backburner until it got some updates and matured a bit. I'll consider looking into it again after the next update, but I'm at the point where I'm more or less hesitant on adding mods without removing others, for sake of load time and stability.

Sorry, I am having a hard time locating the server version for this pack, would someone be able to provide me with a link, or tell me where to find it?
For now, the only place to get the server version is via the FTB Launcher. Select the pack in the Third Party Packs list, and near the top is a Download Server button.

G

Geekologists

I've been trying to load this modpack for two days now, and it hasn't been working. What it has been doing is that in the middle of initializing all of the mods, it would just crash without warning, no "Java has stopped working" or anything. I followed your instructions and changed the Download Location from 'Automatic' to 'CurseCDN', force updated the pack and tried it again. This time, the screen got tiny (it displayed the loading screen very small in the upper-left hand corner) halfway through and it said "Java had stopped working". The next time I went back and changed it back to 'Automatic' and force updated it again, and it did the same tiny screen thing again. Any help?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
What it has been doing is that in the middle of initializing all of the mods, it would just crash without warning, no "Java has stopped working" or anything
Hm, are you using the latest Java? As well as, have the FTB Launcher set to 3.5 to 4.5 gigs of ram? Both the issues you explain are issues that usually show up when either of those are not set properly.

G

Geekologists

Hm, are you using the latest Java? As well as, have the FTB Launcher set to 3.5 to 4.5 gigs of ram? Both the issues you explain are issues that usually show up when either of those are not set properly.
Ah ha, I looked into the options and I found that for whatever reason, the Ram was set to only 1 gb, even though it was set to 4 gb last time I used the launcher. However, when I tried to update to the latest recommended Java update (Version 8 Update 91), the launcher said that I should update to 1.8 or newer because I was using an old version. The modpack still isn't working.

G

Geekologists

Ah, I did some research and I finally found the update of Java I needed (I downloaded Windows x64 for Java SE Runtime Environment 8u91) and it worked! Thanks a bunch!

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
o god i am watching a recap of the BTM16 and found Mowzie's Mobs this looks amazing :eek: and if we think about it they would fit quite well you are in an unknown world and who knows what creatures you met ? :3

H

honzastastny

Hello. Back after ................ long time :D When is goin to be 1.4 ?

D

DoomWeegee

Hey, love this pack, but noticed a small inconsistency. In the quest book, the Morph Quest says "going to the Nether activates flight". However, the config is set to "Wither kill activates flight". Just a small little detail you might want to fix! ;)

Hazmatik

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have issues with Thaumcraft items changing into other things. I had an essentia funnel turn into transvector dislocator in world. All my ichor that was in my ME system turned into Ichorcloth Leggins. I had an Ichorium axe in a farming station and it turned into a Feline Amulet. Now as I'm typing this I realize it all seems to be Thaumic Tinkerer items.