[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
One thing I really dislike about progressive automation is that it's not sustainable... The tools you put in the machines eventually break and need replacing... I end up feeling like why not just chop the trees down myself instead of set up a temporary system?

A couple of side-notes for feedback:

Immersive Engineering is generating its own versions of copper, silver and other ores that don't combine with the rest of the ore-gen.

Morph is most definitely overpowered... I use it because I can but seriously... Blaze mode is just crazy overpowered... Flight, superspeed and no fall damage for the win.

Also I don't think I've seen any squids floating around... Is there a reason for this?
For the progressive automation thing, I agree. It's also kinda dumb that the only real difference between tiers is what tools you can use and a slight increase in speed. It just doesn't seem worth the investment honestly.

IE: yeah I noticed that too, just completely forgot to mention it.

Morph: I like morph, but flight with it is incredibly OP. Even with the current nether unlock. I can get to the nether withing five minutes of starting a new world. That's hardly a good tech gate for something as powerful as flight. I personally like the wither unlock condition. By that point, you have a lot of other flight options available and morph flight seems like a good reward for such an accomplishment.

Squids: squids along with zulu water mobs are disabled due to squids massively overspawning. Though I do wish there was a way to get a squid spawn egg. The squid morph is incredibly useful.

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
For the progressive automation thing, I agree. It's also kinda dumb that the only real difference between tiers is what tools you can use and a slight increase in speed. It just doesn't seem worth the investment honestly.

IE: yeah I noticed that too, just completely forgot to mention it.

Morph: I like morph, but flight with it is incredibly OP. Even with the current nether unlock. I can get to the nether withing five minutes of starting a new world. That's hardly a good tech gate for something as powerful as flight. I personally like the wither unlock condition. By that point, you have a lot of other flight options available and morph flight seems like a good reward for such an accomplishment.

Squids: squids along with zulu water mobs are disabled due to squids massively overspawning. Though I do wish there was a way to get a squid spawn egg. The squid morph is incredibly useful.

Aren't there things that specifically require inksacs?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Unfortunately almost all machinery uses it.

I finally made it to x4 ore processing in mekanism so it is a little bit less of a bottleneck now thankfully.

PS - Electrolytic separators are horribly thirsty... 1600RF per tick... :eek:
check out the gas burning generator it burns the hydrogen gas byproduct your getting from the separator its max rf generation is 800rf/t (dont worry its fuel source is hydrogen based and u never get more then the cost it took to make the hydrogen without biofuel crafted into it )
there are but there is a custom recipe for ink sacs

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect that in packs that go for that "almost vanilla" feel, PA will thrive, but in heavily modded packs such as this, it just gets outshined by the more useful MFR, TE, and many others.
This is true, and in retrospect this is probably what the aim was for with the mod : lower tech, lighter packs vs 'kitchen sinks' like this.

i blame the "overpoweredness" feel of it in this pack on the mobs and the world becoming far more nice compared to older pack versions , there is no more powerful mobs roaming the world there is just sequestered bosses in their lairs ,
I personally miss lycanite's mobs in this pack. The world went from thrillingly dangerous to a walk in the park in an unsavory part of town.
Hmmm, this plus some of the comments given and suggestions for mods, now has me rethinking removing Lycanite's. I'll have to give it some serious consideration, as the world does feel somewhat 'calm' comparatively.

Immersive Engineering is generating its own versions of copper, silver and other ores that don't combine with the rest of the ore-gen.
Oh dangit I thought I had disabled those. Always the ore gen that slips past me.

Morph is most definitely overpowered... I use it because I can but seriously... Blaze mode is just crazy overpowered... Flight, superspeed and no fall damage for the win.
Definitely need to see if there is a way I can config some of these abilities, hmm...

No Railcraft makes me sad... Is there a reason for this? It's a great mod. I really, really miss things like the multiblock tanks.
Railcraft was a big part of the private pack that was the progenitor to this pack. I wanted to get away from some of the mods and try some other ones.

Silver ore is way too common and gold ore is way too rare... Silver should be rarer and gold more common... At the moment gold is rarer than diamonds it seems. I don't think I've seen one emerald?
I futzed with the ore gen rate before, but it looks like it wasn't enough. I'll have to do some tests again and adjust appropriately.

Also I don't think I've seen any squids floating around... Is there a reason for this?
All squids and water creatures(that inherit the Squid code) are disabled due to a 1.7.10 bug in which they will spawn in uncontrollable numbers.

This seems to be the general consensus over it, so it's probably going to be removed as well.

This might be a good compromise instead of outright removing Morph. The big reason I have Morph is because its invaluable for crawlspace style cable running (1 block high tunnels), and there really isn't another mod that gives you that ability easily (I know witchery has a potion that you can use, but Morph is something thats fairly simple to use).

Yep, there are custom recipes for inksacks.

As for a Squid spawn egg...I'll have to check if they still work even with the mods disabling squid spawning.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
As for a Squid spawn egg...I'll have to check if they still work even with the mods disabling squid spawning.
Disabling squid spawning doesn't disable the mob itself or use of the spawn egg. In fact, I used one in our stream to get the morph so I could explore the nearby lake for clay.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Lycanites mod had issues, spawning/despawning/lag iirc. Probably a good thing to have it out.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Lycanites mod had issues, spawning/despawning/lag iirc. Probably a good thing to have it out.
This is true, but given its been out of the pack for months, and unlike Zulu its still being regularly and constantly updated, I'm wanting to see if these issues were resolved, or if it was a config error on my part otherwise.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Can QDS claim reward once it has required amount and output it in a nearby chest?

Felt like wasting vouchers on 400 Epic Bags (just couldn't handle more than that by hand.. pretty tedious, easier to just setup auto-clicker and go afk) and best I could come up with was transfer node with stack upgrade and 4~+- speed upgrades.

Anyone else feeling that RFTools having its original crafting recipies is way too powerful? By that I mean that it costs absolutely nothing to make a functional RFTools setup in order to access something like Flat land of any precious material crate ingredients.
I strongly feel that ore/ingot material crates are far too easy to abuse with Digital Miner (Diamond/Shiny, thousands of them in couple of minutes) and RFTools slightly after. To me setup like RFTools dimension providing Ore and Reinforced Watering Can (btw you can get Soul Fragments out of Extra Utils Epic bags) tree farm makes other setups obsolete, because invested time in them could be just used towards previously mentioned means and the net gain outshines anything else.
I Wouldn't mind if Dimension Builder would require Awakened Core or smth along that line.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Can QDS claim reward once it has required amount and output it in a nearby chest?

Felt like wasting vouchers on 400 Epic Bags (just couldn't handle more than that by hand.. pretty tedious, easier to just setup auto-clicker and go afk) and best I could come up with was transfer node with stack upgrade and 4~+- speed upgrades.

Anyone else feeling that RFTools having its original crafting recipies is way too powerful? By that I mean that it costs absolutely nothing to make a functional RFTools setup in order to access something like Flat land of any precious material crate ingredients.
I strongly feel that ore/ingot material crates are far too easy to abuse with Digital Miner (Diamond/Shiny, thousands of them in couple of minutes) and RFTools slightly after. To me setup like RFTools dimension providing Ore and Reinforced Watering Can (btw you can get Soul Fragments out of Extra Utils Epic bags) tree farm makes other setups obsolete, because invested time in them could be just used towards previously mentioned means and the net gain outshines anything else.
I Wouldn't mind if Dimension Builder would require Awakened Core or smth along that line.
Well I don't know much about this pack's configs, but RFTools dimensions can take a lot of power if you use ore dimlets. If they're too cheap though, they can be tweaked in the RFTools config. Looking through it, looks like most ores take upwards of 1000 RF/t to maintain. Which doesn't seem quite sustainable to me. Though I haven't actually put it through a field test and am going off of configs so I may be entirely wrong about that.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I did a reactor/RFtools with ender quarry setup in my previous playthrough. It is kinda powerful, but it requires a significant amount of tinkering and game time to make. At that point it wasn't that overpowered, I could more or less beat the game already.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
I don't agree that it requires significant investment. Small Reactor, an Ender Quarry (even BC Quarry will suffice) and some Dimlets (many, many means of acquiring high amount of them that do not require anything end-game related), and that's basically it, as RFTools machines are free.

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly unrelated to the pack itself, not sure... but I've been having trouble downloading the pack in the Curse launcher, and for some reason FTB doesn't want to run it on my machine, even though I've a.) ran this pack before, and b.) recently run another 1.7.10 modpack that's just as large (that was through Curse, though, FTB doesn't appear to want to run anything...) I've been away from the internet for several months, is there something that I'm missing now?

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I also can't run from ftb but when tried on curse it's fine. Not sure what's wrg.

Edit - to add on, I'm having problem to go into the world...new or old world don't work...just got connection been terminated and return to main screen..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
No, unfortunately. QDS repeatable tasks is something I'd really like. It's why the temporary solution of the EnderIO Alloy Smelter and SAG Mill are there.

I strongly feel that ore/ingot material crates are far too easy to abuse with Digital Miner (Diamond/Shiny, thousands of them in couple of minutes) and RFTools slightly after.
There are a few issues at play here :
  1. RFTools Dimlet costs may need to be rebalanced again. The problem here is, if I'm not careful, I make some dimlets REQUIRE a Big Reactor to use, negating part of the reason for balancing : Making more mods slightly viable (Because, let's face it, anything short of a tactical nuke via minetweaker will make a modpack this big super balanced in that aspect)
  2. Big Reactors are pretty powerful, yes. I might need to tweak Power Production Multiplier as well as Yellorium Generation a bit.
  3. The Digital Miner, for sure, needs to be tweaked. There's no doubt about that.
Possibly unrelated to the pack itself, not sure... but I've been having trouble downloading the pack in the Curse launcher, and for some reason FTB doesn't want to run it on my machine, even though I've a.) ran this pack before, and b.) recently run another 1.7.10 modpack that's just as large (that was through Curse, though, FTB doesn't appear to want to run anything...) I've been away from the internet for several months, is there something that I'm missing now?
When does it crash?

As well, make sure you have very latest Java and are allocating 4gigs of ram in the launchers.

Edit - to add on, I'm having problem to go into the world...new or old world don't work...just got connection been terminated and return to main screen..
Try disabling Morph, a few folks have had this issue as well. If that doesn't work, get me a log please and I can see what's causing the disconnect.

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a MFR Laser Drill but that apparently takes 20,000RF a tick... Anyone got any solutions for how to generate that much power?

I have 8 Mekanism Wind Turbines making 900RF a tick and 1 Big Reactor (7x7x3 including casing) making ~2,000RF a tick...

Need much moar power... Help?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I want to make a MFR Laser Drill but that apparently takes 20,000RF a tick... Anyone got any solutions for how to generate that much power?

I have 8 Mekanism Wind Turbines making 900RF a tick and 1 Big Reactor (7x7x3 including casing) making ~2,000RF a tick...

Do you think that you could make a mekanism reactor at a high injuction rate? Those things make power, lots of it

Reactions: An0nymuS

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think that you could make a mekanism reactor at a high injuction rate? Those things make power, lots of it

I've never made one before... What resources do they consume?

How expensive are they exactly?

EDIT: Just looked it up... It needs at least 2 Solar Evaporation Plants... Pass... I already have one Solar Evaporation Plant... It costed me like 1700 copper ingots... Never again...

Last edited:

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019

Big reactors output insane amount of RF and are easy to build, f.i. made this quickly.

Later on you can do things like this or this, you'd need to adjust rod insertion to your own system.

Put your Ender Quarry in Deep Dark and you won't have problems with ore, make sure it has Speed 3.

Last edited:

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Big reactors output insane amount of RF and are easy to build, f.i. made this quickly.

Later on you can do things like this or this, you'd need to adjust rod insertion to your own system.

Put your Ender Quarry in Deep Dark and you won't have problems with ore, make sure it has Speed 3.

I think the unstable ingots would blow up before I got a chance to craft it... I'm not that nimble.