[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded beta .12 for my existing world. I cannot open Thaum- master decent blind bag. it just gives another of the same bag.
Oops! I know what I did wrong here.

MANUAL FIX
  1. Download the fix above
  2. Extract to your modpack /minecraft/ directory
The Client and Server zips on my dropbox have been updated with the fixes as well.

Reactions: tigin88
S

Sejsel2

Beta .12 issues:
Normal Oak Wood Planks (minecraft: planks) cannot be used to craft sticks, chests, anything.
A mistake in the ore dictionary setup?
You can get a Framed Bookcase 704:6 (biomesoplenty: plank_pine panel) which has an invalid texture from a blind bag.

I also have quite big (CPU) lag issues. Some mod is randomly, most of the time, completely using all of my CPU power (all 4 cores). This does not happen all the time, but most of the time it does. This results in a sluggish game. If this isn't happening, I have full vsynced 60 fps. GPU is not the issue, optifine would most definitely not help.

This CPU load happens even when I am not moving, not updating/loading any chunks. Happens even if the game is paused (Esc menu).

I don't really know how to find out which mod is causing this, but it would be nice if somebody could find what is the cause of this.
Hopefully it is only one badly written thing, not a combination of things.

EDIT: I tried disabling FastCraft, that does not help at all.
JourneyMap also doesn't seem to be the culprit.

This is a computer which can run most modpacks just fine and performs very well with clean Minecraft. It is not caused by slow hardware.

Last edited:
L

Lartza

I can use oak planks just fine on the beta, will monitor CPU if I see any spikes.

EDIT: And I am on single player because that probably matters. One bug I did have is I got an empty reward from a basic blind bag. Reward was Malisis but I didn't get the exact name.

Last edited:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
3 questions about the beta update:

1) why i need to reset the quest book? it's normal, for me.. i guess... '-'
my reputation was reset, now i got it =/

2) why i can't use my AE system? i can't get or put itens manualy but the system is working, i can see intens get in. i test it on a new world, this is a problem of my save to the update? it's possible to fix it? i don't want to lost my world, it's days of game Ç_Ç (by the way the tessarect problem gone)

FIXED!!! the problem was on the "settings" file on the AE folder, for some reason it put my player code =0 on the other save is =1 so i copy my code for the file and works.
simple way: create a new world, put some AE system, get to the save folder, open settings and copy the player code to the old save.

well i don't have much sure about it, but fix for me... i'l keep testing.

3) why the exchange craft is other exchange? it's a problem to automate, cuz AE gona use til the last one.. so it will try to craft =/ i get the point, but its a problem to automate, but any way thanks, for the craft vercion i'll think in some thing to solve it. (but fist i need to get my AE system back to work...)

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
why the exchange craft is other exchange? it's a problem to automate, cuz AE gona use til the last one..
who ever said u had to use ae (ae does not like duplicating an ithem using only that ithem in the encoded recipe anyways, one reason why conjuring redstone with botania needs special care to have ae "do it")to ensure u never ran out of tokens an rftools crafter can be instructed to never let the stacks its crafting from to go below 1

why i need to reset the quest book?
(it is not necessary every time ,it was just because changes an update did ) if this was not done this can and will increase the time it takes to get into a world(from a previous version) a horrible example of this from a past update was taking 30mins to get into that world every single time if u did not remove the quest book data(from the previous version)
-there are ways with cheats/commands to get ur progress in the book near the point it was before the update relatively quickly an easily

aparently this should be the last time this has to happen

Last edited:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
who ever said u had to use ae (ae does not like duplicating an ithem using only that ithem in the encoded recipe anyways, one reason why conjuring redstone with botania needs special care to have ae "do it")to ensure u never ran out of tokens an rftools crafter can be instructed to never let the stacks its crafting from to go below 1

(it is not necessary every time ,it was just because changes an update did ) if this was not done this can and will increase the time it takes to get into a world(from a previous version) a horrible example of this from a past update was taking 30mins to get into that world every single time if u did not remove the quest book data(from the previous version)
-there are ways with cheats/commands to get ur progress in the book near the point it was before the update relatively quickly an easily

aparently this should be the last time this has to happen

i get the point about the exchange.. and goog idea, i'll use othr option, thanks.

about the quest book, i don't have the load time problem, but i see some bugs like my reputation reset.. so i delete and i'm recover with /hqm edit.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Normal Oak Wood Planks (minecraft: planks) cannot be used to craft sticks, chests, anything.
This is a very odd issue that crops up rarely and randomly for only a few people, and I haven't been able to track down what causes it.

The best I can suggest is restarting the game, or trying to do /mt reload to reload minetweaker scripts (this has worked before, though I don't touch oak wood ore dictionary stuff at all in my scripting)

I also have quite big (CPU) lag issues. Some mod is randomly, most of the time, completely using all of my CPU power (all 4 cores). This does not happen all the time, but most of the time it does. This results in a sluggish game. If this isn't happening, I have full vsynced 60 fps. GPU is not the issue, optifine would most definitely not help.
Does this happen in an existing world, or any world you generate?

One thing you can try, which I have NOT tested myself to see if it works, is this fork of Opis which removes mapwriter : https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3sie2y/1710_opis_130mapless_for_infinity_212/

You might be able to track down the culprit lagging items and then I can further investigate them.

1) why i need to reset the quest book? it's normal, for me.. i guess... '-'
Due to how the data structure of HQM is set up, if I mess with old quests enough, or rearrange things, it will 'crash' loading old saved data. Since I was still using some of the old quests that were no longer in use.

The question has come up before on 'why not just delete the quests?', and the answer is I can't, not properly. I can visually delete the quests, but they stay in the data file, and there is a max of 1023 quests. I expect to be using almost all of them by the time I'm finished, between all the mod quests and the corporate shop.

why the exchange craft is other exchange?
I'm not sure what you are asking here actually....

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
You can get a Framed Bookcase 704:6 (biomesoplenty: plank_pine panel) which has an invalid texture from a blind bag.
Noted in my trello to fix come Monday Is this an HQM reward bag reward or a Blind Bag reward?

EDIT: And I am on single player because that probably matters. One bug I did have is I got an empty reward from a basic blind bag. Reward was Malisis but I didn't get the exact name.
Noted as well, this one is easier to track down.

-----------------------

As to why I won't be able to start these fixes till Monday, is because have a booth at BetterThanMinecon 2016 , which is running this weekend! There are a lot of awesome booths and panels, and I have one for this very modpack set up! Be sure to stop by, it was a lot of fun last year, and some of the mods in the pack right now are because I came across them in BTM2015.

S

Sejsel2

This is a very odd issue that crops up rarely and randomly for only a few people, and I haven't been able to track down what causes it.

The best I can suggest is restarting the game, or trying to do /mt reload to reload minetweaker scripts (this has worked before, though I don't touch oak wood ore dictionary stuff at all in my scripting)

The issue persisted through restarts, /mt reload fixed it.

Noted in my trello to fix come Monday Is this an HQM reward bag reward or a Blind Bag reward?

I think I got one such item (biomesop texture) from a Blind Bag and one from an HQM bag. I am not completely sure, though. I'll just use them for a contract or something :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I think I got one such item (biomesop texture) from a Blind Bag and one from an HQM bag. I am not completely sure, though. I'll just use them for a contract or something
Okay that definitely narrows it down and makes it easy for me to locate. Thank you. =)

G

Golfpanda101

I downloaded it, but when Minecraft loaded up, I just didn't have the patience to wait for the damned 'stitching textures' to load all 3,476,123,234 textures every time I felt like playing it.

maolenrobin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why immersive engineering is not in this pack? just asking because I really like this pack but i´m missing immerssive engineering.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why immersive engineering is not in this pack?
I'll have some special news about this after the 0.1.2 Beta and get it up on the launcher. =)

---------

ON THAT NOTE!

The plan is for the Beta to run another day or two. Given it came out around the New Year, which is still a busy time, so I'm going to give folks a few more days to try out 0.1.2 and report any more bugs.

Thankfully, with the reports here, my internal team, and the YAMPST logs, I've not really seen much big problems.

chichirinoda

Jul 29, 2019
Soo I'm trying to install the beta on my server and it keeps crashing on startup. I've tried the cycle twice and both times the crash log ends with something like this:

Chisel: Errors like "[FML]: Unable to lookup ..." are NOT the cause of this crash. You can safely ignore these errors. And update forge while you're at it.
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.13 from ProgressiveAutomation-1.7.10-1.6.29.jar).
It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.
This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.
AE2 Integration: IC2:ON, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:OFF, BC:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, Mekanism:ON, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 0 / 12; []
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

This is the second one. It told me Immersive Engineering was the problem with the RF API difference, and I installed the most recent version of Immersive Engineering, but then it just told me Progressive Automation.

I then tried running Server.bat on my harddrive (even though I don't host my own server) and it crashed again.

[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [MCFrames/MCFrames]: Sent event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod MCFrames
[12:40:29] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Step: ServerStopped - MCFrames took 0.000s
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [RelocationFMP/RelocationFMP]: Sending event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod RelocationFMP
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [RelocationFMP/RelocationFMP]: Sent event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod RelocationFMP
[12:40:29] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Step: ServerStopped - RelocationFMP took 0.000s
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [aobd/aobd]: Sending event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod aobd
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [aobd/aobd]: Sent event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod aobd
[12:40:29] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Step: ServerStopped - Another One Bites The Dust took 0.000s
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [denseores/denseores]: Sending event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod denseores
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [denseores/denseores]: Sent event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod denseores
[12:40:29] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Step: ServerStopped - Dense Ores took 0.000s
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Sending event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod IguanaTweaksTConstruct
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Sent event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod IguanaTweaksTConstruct
[12:40:29] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Step: ServerStopped - Iguana Tinker Tweaks took 0.000s
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [ForgeMicroblock/ForgeMicroblock]: Sending event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod ForgeMicroblock
[12:40:29] [Server thread/TRACE] [ForgeMicroblock/ForgeMicroblock]: Sent event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod ForgeMicroblock
[12:40:29] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Step: ServerStopped - Forge Microblocks took 0.000s
[12:40:29] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Finished: ServerStopped took 0.364s
[12:40:29] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STARTING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[12:40:30] [Thread-15/INFO] [yampst/yampst]: Shutdown detected, commencing statistics dump

Any ideas? Do you want the entire crash report? I'm not terribly good at this, but I thought i followed your instructions properly :(

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas? Do you want the entire crash report? I'm not terribly good at this, but I thought i followed your instructions properly
Entire crashreport would be helpful.

Looking through the YAMPST logs, the few server crashes I've logged are showing, I see the fix I need to do that MIGHT be related to your thing.

For those who are crashing with forestry errors :
  1. Open the modpack folder
  2. open config/forestry/common.cfg
  3. find clear.invalid.chromosomes and change it to true
I'll update the zip files on my dropbox for future updaters when I get home in a few hours. Let me know if that fixes it, if not please link the full crashlog. =)

chichirinoda

Jul 29, 2019
That's great! I haven't had any problems playing the new pack. Thanks so much for all your hard work.

I just noticed a small thing. Before the update, I had taken all of my magical crops seeds and switched them over to fluxed crystals, then planted them. Now one of the fluxed crystals doesn't actually make anything. It just says rough/smooth [extra space] shard and won't go into the gem refiner. It has item code 7265:58.

I'm not sure what it used to be, unfortunately.