[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering (since I am new to the modpack) but if you add more updates/questlines do we need to update or anything? If so, how (without corrupting or deleting my world) :D Thanks
Usually not. Occasionally, heavier changes to older quests will require you to reset your HQM progress. I try to minimize this as much as possible, but as quests are regularly updated and added, sometimes its an inevitability. I've added ways to regain Reputation, though, to catch up easier alongside the /hqm edit book.

That being said...

EDIT : I should clarify. Your FTB/Curse should ask if you'd like to update when its ready. These shouldn't corrupt worlds, and if they do I'll warn WELL ahead of time.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE WARNING

The 0.1.2 update, when it is ready, will most likely require an HQM progress reset. This is due to me reusing the last of the old quests (magical crops and other removed mods from previous updates).

Barring any substantial quest changes from here on it, I'm HOPING it'll be the last time an HQM reset is needed, but I cannot promise this at all.

For a little more information : HQM has a hard limit on quests, and deleting a quest does NOT delete it from the storage due to how quests link together. So deleted quests still count toward the total quests. This may have changed with the new updates, but it hasn't been noted in the changelogs.

Given that, quests I've cleared due to no longer being used, I had set aside and hidden for later. I've used these up with this update, so I have no more 'old' quests I need to reuse.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Just wondering (since I am new to the modpack) but if you add more updates/questlines do we need to update or anything? If so, how (without corrupting or deleting my world) :D Thanks

yes u will need to update , but it is as simple as updating to the newer version of the pack most times . (aside from things caused by mod updates, i think the only change to worlds themselves will be magical crops being removed from the mod pack ) which should not be a real issue.

Usually not. Occasionally, heavier changes to older quests will require you to reset your HQM progress.

UPDATE WARNING

The 0.1.2 update, when it is ready, will most likely require an HQM progress reset.
that timing.... starting from simple to not soo simple

J

JericoHardstyle

Do you know when the update will be ready and sent out as I haven't started yet and want to have the next update first?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
that timing.... starting from simple to not soo simple
I know, my fault on that x3. But its unavoidable and I want to give folks time to see the warning.

I was hoping it wouldn't need it, till I loaded up my major Test world for mod update testing and it required me to reset the HQM progress to even load the world without crashing. (this is better than previous times we've had to reset quest progress : At one point, it would take 30 minutes to load a world instead of just crashing)

Do you know when the update will be ready and sent out as I haven't started yet and want to have the next update first?
I can't say, unfortunately. I'm working on it when I can, and I want it to be in Beta (which isn't uploaded to a launcher) for a bit of player testing before I push it to the FTB and Curse Clients.

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
Usually not. Occasionally, heavier changes to older quests will require you to reset your HQM progress. I try to minimize this as much as possible, but as quests are regularly updated and added, sometimes its an inevitability. I've added ways to regain Reputation, though, to catch up easier alongside the /hqm edit book.

That being said...

EDIT : I should clarify. Your FTB/Curse should ask if you'd like to update when its ready. These shouldn't corrupt worlds, and if they do I'll warn WELL ahead of time.

Thank you :D

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Well, its a bit more than just quests, since removing some items (mana petals) means I need to dig into the blind bags and rewards and replace them with the appropriate things. =)

just change to mana dust... is the real change... i don't know if this is hard to do.. but i hope, for i simple way =)

i what the update pls, put online! =D

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
just change to mana dust... is the real change... i don't know if this is hard to do.. but i hope, for i simple way =)

i what the update pls, put online! =D
FTB has a strict policy of never giving out ETA's, it's actually against the rules to ask about an ETA for FTB packs. While this doesn't apply to third party pack authors, we do encourage people not to badger them by asking about things like ETA's.

I actually went and looked, in the last two months you have asked about an update in no less than 10 separate posts. It's annoying to both to the pack author and everyone else reading this thread. It's fine to say you are looking forward to the update, encouragement is always good, but phrasing it in a way that makes it a demand or asking when it will come out gets obnoxious quickly.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
FTB has a strict policy of never giving out ETA's, it's actually against the rules to ask about an ETA for FTB packs. While this doesn't apply to third party pack authors, we do encourage people not to badger them by asking about things like ETA's.

I actually went and looked, in the last two months you have asked about an update in no less than 10 separate posts. It's annoying to both to the pack author and everyone else reading this thread. It's fine to say you are looking forward to the update, encouragement is always good, but phrasing it in a way that makes it a demand or asking when it will come out gets obnoxious quickly.

I'm sorry, I did not know about it, I did not mean ... I just wanted to show my expectation with the update, i had not even realized he had been seen as a demand, I'm sorry Caigan I will not do it anymore promise.

thank you Watchful11 By warn i'll try not do this again...

Last edited:
Reactions: Watchful11

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
Are blind bags supposed to have a chance of being completely empty? I opened up a Basic blind bag from a quest and got nothing from it.
2en0zms.jpg

Also, I noticed that the Blizz and the Rabid Bat don't have Flight, while the various fish don't have water-breathing. If that's possible to fix, I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm not finding any normal bats, and squids are annoyingly large. I've contacted my server hosts about this second problem, but for wide-spread usage, I would love it to be patched for the modpack itself :)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Are blind bags supposed to have a chance of being completely empty? I opened up a Basic blind bag from a quest and got nothing from it.
did u scroll over the spot where the reward typical is some items don't render properly for some reason scrolling over that spot can show the items name i think even if the visual did not show up (biblocraft typewriters are notorious of this )

at the other point
as for adding (existing)abilities to some mobs that might be a to little complicated for the benefit (something about a custom json being referenced by default and to change abilties u need to reroute to a new custom one with the side effect missing an additional thing if u dont account for it )

finding a flight morph early game for me has been just good luck or good timing (like finding a wisp in a small enclosed area)oddly the nether tends to be a nice place for getting a flight morph(twilight forest has a easy one that will work for flight but a greater cost then bat morph,(no not ravens i don't count them as easy)

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really sorry that I keep asking so much but my friend (who's inventory is completely empty) doesn't lag at all but, whenever he opens his inventory or anything with a GUI where you can see your inventory, he crashes. Anyone know a fix? Thanks :)

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
did u scroll over the spot where the reward typical is some items don't render properly for some reason scrolling over that spot can show the items name i think even if the visual did not show up (biblocraft typewriters are notorious of this )

at the other point
as for adding (existing)abilities to some mobs that might be a to little complicated for the benefit (something about a custom json being referenced by default and to change abilties u need to reroute to a new custom one with the side effect missing an additional thing if u dont account for it )

finding a flight morph early game for me has been just good luck or good timing (like finding a wisp in a small enclosed area)oddly the nether tends to be a nice place for getting a flight morph(twilight forest has a easy one that will work for flight but a greater cost then bat morph,(no not ravens i don't count them as easy)

Turns out there was a bat underground nearby (Check that screenshot, it's on the right side of it), so I managed to get that, thankfully. As for the invisible item, I got a typewriter earlier, so I know about that, but the reward screen is a little taller for that. My screenshot doesn't show it, but I had the cursor in the center, there, where the item would be, and nothing popped up. I even moved it all around, it was a legitimately empty reward bag.

I'm really sorry that I keep asking so much but my friend (who's inventory is completely empty) doesn't lag at all but, whenever he opens his inventory or anything with a GUI where you can see your inventory, he crashes. Anyone know a fix? Thanks :)
Sounds like a problem with his tails or player sprite. Has he tried morphing and/or changing his tails?

J

JericoHardstyle

In WAILA, what module is the numbers in square brackets from and how do I get rid of it as it is annoying?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm pretty sure there's a head quest, have you checked the mob drop research chapter?

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure there's a head quest, have you checked the mob drop research chapter?
It was actually at the bottom of one of the two supply chapters. THere's one for Evil Twins and one for Creature Heads. Evil Twins requires two heads, Creatures requires eight, according to their quests, but zombie heads don't work at either quantity (Unless, like, the Creeper is an Evil Twin or you have to have them all be the same type of head)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that usually means the item I had may have been deleted, and instead of it being replaced with Bedrock (like in the rest of the questbook), its just removed from the Reward (cause getting Bedrock on a server would be troublesome)

I'm not sure what item is missing there. The new version of HQM lets me show the name of the bag type, which later will help me diagnose which of these is breaking.

Also, I noticed that the Blizz and the Rabid Bat don't have Flight, while the various fish don't have water-breathing. If that's possible to fix, I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm not finding any normal bats, and squids are annoyingly large. I've contacted my server hosts about this second problem, but for wide-spread usage, I would love it to be patched for the modpack itself
I'm not sure I can fix the squid thing. As for the non-vanilla creature Morph bonuses, I'm not sure how to add those myself just yet, but I will add both of these to the Trello to research for later.

I'm really sorry that I keep asking so much but my friend (who's inventory is completely empty) doesn't lag at all but, whenever he opens his inventory or anything with a GUI where you can see your inventory, he crashes. Anyone know a fix? Thanks
That's odd. Could you get me a crash log?

In WAILA, what module is the numbers in square brackets from and how do I get rid of it as it is annoying?
Hit 0 on your Numpad, and in the WAILA catagory, click Show Item:MetaID button and change it to Hidden.

Is the creature head crate not implemented yet? I'm trying to make all the coin I can here.
This quest got messed up somewhat with the removal of Lycanites and a few changes to other mods that deal with Heads (EnderIO and Tinkers, for example)

This is one of many quests that needs to be updated with all the changes, but won't be until the second half of the World Update (when I go through and rebalance and redo the Contracts and Supply quests).

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE ON PROGRESS

I've been working on and off on the update, and as usual, updating mods is taking longer than I always think it will.

Updating Botania's questline is taking a bit with all the changes, since I need to change both dialogue, quest order, blind bags, etc. Botania is one of those mods that is updated quite regularly with new content and slight changes to mechanics, so it always takes the longest for me to catch up on.

Getting super close though, sorry for making everyone wait!

Reactions: An0nymuS