[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
Yea and actually I derped on a few configs so 0.6.6 will be live any minute. If anyone is updating a server from 0.6.5 you can just update the BigReactors config file.

On your next update, would you mind pushing the following updates to the Twilight Forest Config? I love having both EBXL and BoP and Twighlight forest by default conflicts with BoP. I understand that I should just change BoP because it is not supported by your pack, just asking a favor. Thanks!

Code:
biome {
    I:biome.id.Clearing=200
    I:biome.id.DarkForest=201
    I:biome.id.DarkForestCenter=202
    I:biome.id.DeepMushrooms=203
    I:biome.id.EnchantedForest=204
    I:biome.id.FireSwamp=205
    I:biome.id.Glacier=206
    I:biome.id.Highlands=207
    I:biome.id.HighlandsCenter=208
    I:biome.id.Lake=209
    I:biome.id.LightedForest=210
    I:biome.id.Mushrooms=211
    I:biome.id.OakSavanna=212
    I:biome.id.Snowfield=213
    I:biome.id.Stream=214
    I:biome.id.Swamp=215
    I:biome.id.Thornlands=216
    I:biome.id.TwilightForest=217
    I:biome.id.TwilightForestVariant=218
}

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
On your next update, would you mind pushing the following updates to the Twilight Forest Config? I love having both EBXL and BoP and Twighlight forest by default conflicts with BoP. I understand that I should just change BoP because it is not supported by your pack, just asking a favor. Thanks!

Code:
biome {
    I:biome.id.Clearing=200
    I:biome.id.DarkForest=201
    I:biome.id.DarkForestCenter=202
    I:biome.id.DeepMushrooms=203
    I:biome.id.EnchantedForest=204
    I:biome.id.FireSwamp=205
    I:biome.id.Glacier=206
    I:biome.id.Highlands=207
    I:biome.id.HighlandsCenter=208
    I:biome.id.Lake=209
    I:biome.id.LightedForest=210
    I:biome.id.Mushrooms=211
    I:biome.id.OakSavanna=212
    I:biome.id.Snowfield=213
    I:biome.id.Stream=214
    I:biome.id.Swamp=215
    I:biome.id.Thornlands=216
    I:biome.id.TwilightForest=217
    I:biome.id.TwilightForestVariant=218
}
I Won't change any biome configs, it would cause everyone to have to reset TF. If you add mods to the pack you are responsible for setting configs up so it works

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
I Won't change any biome configs, it would cause everyone to have to reset TF. If you add mods to the pack you are responsible for setting configs up so it works
Ok. No problem. I forgot it would do that for everyone.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to warn you... I'm hosting a server on my computer for my friend and I, and it is very processes and ram intensive. I'm going with 8 gigs of ram for the sever, because the default amount (either 2 or 4GB's I think) just wont cut it. You'll get low tps, and it might be pretty laggy if you don't give the server enough ram. Also, on my client I have allocated 4gigs of ram, and also installed fastcraft, because the pack could definitely use some more optimization. This is more java's fault, because it has pretty poor GC (Garbage Collection), but fastcraft does help with GC.

Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to give you a fair warning.
Interesting thing we found using another pack on servers. SQUIDS ARE SPAWNING LIKE CRAZY! And they don't despawn, what we did through talking with CrazyPants is he added a config option to remove squids completely from the game. Than using Modtweaker we added ink sacs to grass drops so we can find ink that way. It made our TPS run at a smooth 20 and lag was miniscule.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting thing we found using another pack on servers. SQUIDS ARE SPAWNING LIKE CRAZY! And they don't despawn, what we did through talking with CrazyPants is he added a config option to remove squids completely from the game. Than using Modtweaker we added ink sacs to grass drops so we can find ink that way. It made our TPS run at a smooth 20 and lag was miniscule.
That's strange, I haven't noticed that with this pack or any other ones I have worked on so far. But as far as performance, this pack does really well compared to most. And as far as chunk loading there is nothing I can do to fix that. Fastcraft will help a little.

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
When growing a kiwi plant from Pam's Harvestcraft, some of the stages of growth don't have textures.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry did not have time to post change logs for 0.7-0.7.1 (Mainly just converting to the new RF Buildcraft and updating all the associated mods)

0.8.0 Should push live to the launcher behind the code within 24 hours of this post.

0.8.0 Changelog (Huge update, last big one before public stable build, minus small mod updates)
World reset highly suggested but not required!
--Removed Mariculture, Telepads, Gendustry, Spice of Life, MFFS (Some OP and some no longer being updated)
--Added IridiumMod (Allows Iridium Ore to gen in the world, used CoFHCore to gen 1 per chunk, similar to GregTech, didn't want to rely on dungeon loot finds)
--Added Chicken Chunks (Lots of complaints of lack of large scale and even small scale chunk loading, recipe untouched, your welcome!)
--Added BC Additional Pipes (Disabled all TelePort Pipes)
--Added MobiusCore and Opis (Opis is disabled by default, highly suggested for server admins to enable server side and on their client)
--Reverted RC Anchor fuel back to the default, Ender Pearls.
--Updated, about 80 pecent of the mods!
--Moved most all ore gen into CoFHCore, redistributed and balanced ore gen based on feedback from weeks of gameplay. (ore gen chart coming soon)
--Increased fuel usage in Big Reactors by a multiplier of 2.0
--Changed Mining Multitool Igniter recipe to prevent early access to the mining world.
--Updated to latest version of Forge.
--Fixed BibloWoods ExtraBiomesXL recipes.
--Finalized custom recipes across various mods.
(If you want to set up a server/SSP with a stable world, version 0.8.0 or greater is a finalized build of the pack minus mod updates. All custom changes at this time are finished unless bugs uncover themselves.)

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Aluminum was moved to CoFHCore. Every ore but Forestry Appetite and TC infused stone.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
No there is actually more aluminum found between 30-50 I believe than before. And there are some recipe changes in this update. I honestly do not have time to balance every single item. I only went for the big stuff.

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
No there is actually more aluminum found between 30-50 I believe than before. And there are some recipe changes in this update. I honestly do not have time to balance every single item. I only went for the big stuff.
Excellent news on the aluminum. We will likely just reset the mining world.

Yeah the power nodes are out of control. It's difficult since there is no thermal expansion conduits or Ender i/o.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent news on the aluminum. We will likely just reset the mining world.

Yeah the power nodes are out of control. It's difficult since there is no thermal expansion conduits or Ender i/o.
Check out MFR Rednet power cables, that's what I use until we get Thermal Dynamics.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.8.2
-Fixed MFR configs
-Fixed various Scripts (I suggest deleting your scripts folder from your client/server before updating)
-Changed TiC smeltry output back to 2 ingots per ore.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.9.0 RC3
-Added EnderIO (Some recipes changed to fit TDT theme)
-Added EnderZoo
-Added PlanetGuyLib (Lib for Remain in Motion Mod)
-Updated: Applied Energistics 2; Aroma1997Core; Aroma1997 DIM World; Botania; IC2 Nuclear Control; JourneyMap; MineTweaker 3; Open Blocks; OpenModsLib; Pam's Harvestcraft; Railcraft; Remain in Motion; Soul Shards Reborn; TMechworks; Twilight Forest; Wawla
-Update JM-Server (Server Only)
-Added EnderIO.zs file in "Scripts" Folder