[1.7.10][Thaumcraft Addon] Witching Gadgets

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Looks cool as heck, I love thaumcraft addons. The biome changer sounds awesome. Would it be possible to make a bauble that negates the slow block breaking when flying? Id do kinky sexual acts to you for that.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Looks cool as heck, I love thaumcraft addons. The biome changer sounds awesome. Would it be possible to make a bauble that negates the slow block breaking when flying? Id do kinky sexual acts to you for that.
Kinda pointless in a TC addon when the Harness from TC is flight without the block breaking slowdown.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
But the harness sucks. Let it be for fast underwater breaking which i assume translates to flight as well.

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I'm aware (and as far as I designed it in code) the Vambrace of Steady Progression increases dig speed for hard blocks, when you're in water and when you're flying, so that should already be working

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Zebia

Jul 29, 2019
Is this mods unique worldgen working yet? If so where(biome,height level, dimension)/what is it(I'm guessing the EldritchRing and HilltopStones named in the config file)?(if not looking forward to when it is working)

Sohala

Jul 29, 2019
So, one of the players on my server got around to making a bag of tricks today. As far as I have been told, they have encountered a dupe with it twice. In both cases it replaced another item in their inventory with a copy of their current bag of tricks and the items inside it. There is no pattern that we know of for it, the first one replaced a tinker tool the second a thaumonomicon, different inventory slots for each one. They say the first happened during a disconnect/reconnect, while the second seemed to just happen while they were looking through their chests.

Kairee

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I may be doing something incorrectly. I am attempting to change the Primordial Armor's affinity (currently on its post-craft default, aer). Per an earlier post, I see that this uses the config option Traveller's Gear Active Abilities, and bound it to 'R'. There are no conflicts. Yet, pressing R does nothing at all as far as I can tell, with the armor worn. Should I be handling it differently? Using v1.1.9.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have invenyory tweaks? It's controls aren't handled in a vanilla way. It's usually defaulted to R key.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Kairee

Jul 29, 2019
Normally Inventory Tweaks would be used, but in this case, no, it's not installed. This is unusual for me, normally I install it the first chance I get.

I have tried mapping Traveller's Gear Active Abilities to another key, =, and verified no conflicts; still no response to the key.

Paksarra

Jul 29, 2019
Edit-- Actually it still crashes with the same error with Witching Gadgets disabled. Sorry. Ignore this, it's the same error but it's not yours this time.

Hello! I'm trying to use Witching Gadgets with MFR. I changed the "enable transmutations" (and native clusters, since I'm running AOBD) options in the configurations to false and reloaded the modpack and it's still spitting out the "MFR Thaumcraft integration" message and going back to the title screen when I try to create a new world.

Am I overlooking something here? And is there anything else I can try to fix this?

Last edited:

Nova Sol

Jul 29, 2019
HI! Loving the mod, it contains a lot of well-coded and useful stuff. One thing, however, sucks. I'm talking about your glass balls of better-bucket-ness. They don't interact with tanks, or at least not with any kind I have tested. So can you please change them so they do?

EDIT: And can you add a recipe to fill them with LP when placed in a Blood Magic altar?

EDIT 2: Changed the wording a bit. Sounds just a little more positive.

Last edited:

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
how exactly does primal revelation unlock? I'm setting up a pack and I want to organize all the random stuff from all the mods I have into sensible tabs, but primal revelation seems to imply a special unlock method.

Nature Bound Mage

Jul 29, 2019
i've got an idea that's been stuck in my head for, actually a couple of years now. i know you've already added the primordial gauntlet (which is awesome by the way!) but i had an idea similar to what you added. its like that same gauntlet, but instead of the infused gems, you would put in certain wand foci, and you would need to put your wand into the gauntlet for it to store the vis. it would give a slight boost to vis discount, (since you know, void metal caps) and it would combine the effects of certain foci to make new ones, or you would use multiple of the same one to make the effect more powerful, as the only real pvp usable focus is the primordial focus, (and even then its not good) so basically what I'm asking is, could you add a way to put wand foci in the primordial gauntlet to make caps usable for pvp. another idea that i have, which i should probably suggest to thaumic horizons, considering it more fits their theme of infusions, but you made it possible to use the gauntlet to basically carry a node around with you untill you switched it out. what i was thinking was, what if the primordial armor set could do, something special. specifically, i had the idea that you could infuse an aura node into your very body, then use a special kind of new vis, an "empty" vis. the empty vis would be the result of using a wand focus, and all that vis you used up to make lightning or dig up some dirt, would become empty. you would store this empty vis into special containers, then attach the containers to a new suit of armor. you would then focus the vis from your node through the empty vis, basically transforming it into what i would call "aura" or artificial vis. it would be more physical, and look like colored wind, to do special things to the environment depending on the vis used. and a different type of node that you infused into you would have different properties, like a sinister node would only make destructive effects happen, tainted would give you special tainted effects, and pure nodes would only have positive effects or damage taint or hostile creatures. a normal node would have the "base" effects, a bright node's effects would be stronger, and a fading node has almost no effect. i hope you think about my suggestion, and whatever your response is ill respect it.