[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

S

StarFrost

Yeah, it can be a pain just finding a seed that wont screw you right off the bat... that much is true. You wont find many surface metal deposits but I have seen some nice ones now and again. My advice to you is to think like a caveman at first and not like a fully developed player yet. You don't even know WHAT those shiny things are on the ground; all you know is your naked, alone, scared and hungry. So first priority for me is always to just grab any ripe food I can (mark the locations because some comes back each year), make the first basic tools, grabbing any rocks and sticks I can while walking around looking for a likely temp shelter when it gets dark. Those wooden pagoda towers are usually easy to get into and block off so I use those frequently, just don't go down the stairs... But yeah, the only other suggestion I have for living longer is make sure you stay as topped off on food and water as possible because its a slow death if one gets low or quick if both bottom out, plus it increases your total HP!

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
On my server, I've got a couple bases set up: my original northern base with the beautiful scenery, and a second southern base near (but not too near) the other player on the server. It's about a game day's travel between the two by boat. I thought about building an airship, but I'm not seeing any method to get wool blocks other than cutting up a bed in a precision sawmill. Any suggestions? Nevermind... helps if I look up the air balloon recipe in game. They're made from cloth, not wool blocks.

As a side note, as well... is the animal crate the only method of transporting animals long distances and over water? I've managed to locate a couple herds of cows, which I'd like to bring back to base or the other.

Last edited:

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Though.. noticed there's no backpack type mod. There's only the forestry ones, which not really a fan of cause of how limited they are. Kinda sucks, cause my inventory is full or random rocks, food and various other assorted knicknacks.

S

StarFrost

Though.. noticed there's no backpack type mod. There's only the forestry ones, which not really a fan of cause of how limited they are. Kinda sucks, cause my inventory is full or random rocks, food and various other assorted knicknacks.
If you find a place with wood planks, grab that shit because what you want is a crafting table, then a barrel. If you just find a barrel then that works too but you can fill a barrel with clay jars that will multiply the storage you can carry on your back by 4 per slot but only for medium or smaller objects. I usually carry a simple barrel with jars with me into mines or dungeons to throw loot into along the way. Just remember that you don't need to pick up those metal bits the moment you see them and probably shouldn't, all you really need the first few days are rocks, sticks, food and tools. Anything else will be there for when you need it, just make note of where it is for when that day comes.

MasterSith

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know where to get the server files? I tried using the client install from Curse but I think all the client-side only mods are causing the server to crash on startup.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

S

StarFrost

Does anyone know where to get the server files? I tried using the client install from Curse but I think all the client-side only mods are causing the server to crash on startup.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure about Curse, but if you just get the FTB Launcher its as easy as clicking the Download Server button. You might even be able to do that just once or every time the pack updates because you dont launch the server through the Launcher. Hope that helps!

V

vinadir

Anyone know why I wouldn't be given a quest book when starting a new game? Just downloaded this pack fresh today, and despite trying a couple of worlds, I've never spawned with the book.

A

Animar

Has anyone noticed that sometimes Ingots in your inventory get slightly transparent and if does anyone know what causes that ?

MasterSith

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about Curse, but if you just get the FTB Launcher its as easy as clicking the Download Server button. You might even be able to do that just once or every time the pack updates because you dont launch the server through the Launcher. Hope that helps!

That worked perfectly! I didnt see the legacy launcher was still available.

Thanks.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
So. does anyone else have a stupid world like me? I have no land between -1000 to 0.. and between -4000, -1000 is all either hated Acacia forests, or Mosquito infested plains. I've yet to find a jungle, and so no chickens anywhere. Not to mention, trying to find someplace that isn't a icehell in the winter is even harder.

X

_Xann

So has anyone found any sort of fix or stopgap for the boiler crash, or is everyone affected just basically avoiding it?

A

AlexanderDario

my boiler continue to crash the game... And sadly doesn't produce any steam. So I can't use flaxbeard technologies like thumper at all!

Any good way to find easily cassiterite? I'm out of tin but now a lot of Forestry crafing need it

I haven't much time to play the pack but seems that every damn task require a lot of hours to be accomplished! It's not funny anymore

AstralVoid

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly this pack appears to be dead, as the creator hasn't been on since October. It's a shame, as TerraFirmaCraft rarely gets good packs, due to its overall game-changing nature.

Edgareredra

Jul 29, 2019
my boiler continue to crash the game... And sadly doesn't produce any steam. So I can't use flaxbeard technologies like thumper at all!

Any good way to find easily cassiterite? I'm out of tin but now a lot of Forestry crafing need it

I haven't much time to play the pack but seems that every damn task require a lot of hours to be accomplished! It's not funny anymore

EVERYONE! I found out that you can prevent crashes when placing the boiler by installing the ultra version of optifine for 1.7.10 minecraft. It also makes it so the modular accelerator on the exosuit from Flaxbeard's work too!

The reason why this works is a complete mystery to me. I just decided to install optifine to check out my performance and it seems to fix a lot of bugs that were left behind. Including the crashes and the missing water animation in open barrels. Cheers!

Edit: Still get crashes from flash boilers tho :S

Last edited:
E

exegetor

Anyone know why I wouldn't be given a quest book when starting a new game? Just downloaded this pack fresh today, and despite trying a couple of worlds, I've never spawned with the book.
At the start of each new game, use the console to issue the command
/hqm enable

the questbook appears in your inventory

Izbenn

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to to automate filling the Flaxbeard's boiler with water? I tried the screw that the mod comes with but all that happens is the screw fills with water and it never goes anywhere and stops working.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Occasionally, my characters head is replaced with half a cow, or his head inverts - havnt had this issue before, anyone got a fix?

vectoresque

Jul 29, 2019
So i'm having issues with the flaxbeard's steam boiler. the crashing isn't what's bothering me though. the first time i placed it and messed with it it worked fine. but I just moved it and for some reason whether or not it crashes it just won't create steam.

When I use one in SSP it'll crash me but then it'll work. in SMP it kicks me from the server but then still doesn't create steam. Any way to fix this?

Last edited: