[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I tried disabling HQM and minecraft crashes on load, the crash log has a like 50 different reasons in the mob properties. So .. I guess that isn't an option. Sorry for spamming about this problem. TFP is the best modpack.. It really sucks to not be able to play it =(

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
About Mobspawn, i have an rather huge base and i want to make it save for newcomers, but those helmet crabs and mosquitos continue to spawn, despite light.
Would half slabs stop that?

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
So I thought I'd let everyone know that after days and hours torture =p.. I figured out what was causing the crash. Aroma. That backup thing, I turned it off and everything seems to be working fine now.. In case anyone else runs into the same issue

M

Meps

I'm able to smelt damaged tools into full ingots. Its a bug or a feature? Looks a bit op...

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I'm able to smelt damaged tools into full ingots. Its a bug or a feature? Looks a bit op...

You lose half of your investment if you smelt down Weapons and Armor. And knifes can't be smelted down, for example. Main Reason - from what i know on the spot - is that it was intended to be temporary way and it will be improved upon in Terrafirmacraft 2. I don't think it is OP either, especially in context with only Terrafirmacraft installed, where it is much harder without any automation (Especially with endgame red or blue steel). It is logical too, repairing your tools by "reworking" them.

M

Meps

You lose half of your investment if you smelt down Weapons and Armor. And knifes can't be smelted down, for example. Main Reason - from what i know on the spot - is that it was intended to be temporary way and it will be improved upon in Terrafirmacraft 2. I don't think it is OP either, especially in context with only Terrafirmacraft installed, where it is much harder without any automation (Especially with endgame red or blue steel). It is logical too, repairing your tools by "reworking" them.
By half of the investment you mean heating up and working on anvil? I think its ok, then. Now i know I can farm some black bronze from the zombies. But this recycling is default in TFC? I never noted that ._.

Shiramizu

Jul 29, 2019
It's a TFP thing. I think Onewolfe mentioned it during TFC tuesday that this was intended as a way to repair your tools, which actually makes sense since it's not like RK tools loses any metal (mostly) with use.

M

Meps

It's a TFP thing. I think Onewolfe mentioned it during TFC tuesday that this was intended as a way to repair your tools, which actually makes sense since it's not like RK tools loses any metal (mostly) with use.
Ok, then. Thanks for the replies, ppl :)

Last edited:

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Oh boy, do i have a story to tell today! So, i mined an Udary Ore Cooker. This happened:

2016-11-01_05.39.05.png

Sucker destroyed everything near him: barrels, chests, tool frames, etc. Luckily, he was stuck in the ceiling, so i could easily kill him with a bow. After cleaning up the mess, i found an "mountain soulstone" and used it...

2016-11-01_05.48.18.png

And got myself an TIGER DINOSAUR as a pet?! WHAT.

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
So I was wondering... The cogs and items from Cogs in the machine. What uses are there for them? Anyone come up with something cool.. can I use them with other mod machines or anything? I can't see to figure out what I can use them for haha... right now I'm just using them for decorations lol..

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
So I was wondering... The cogs and items from Cogs in the machine. What uses are there for them? Anyone come up with something cool.. can I use them with other mod machines or anything? I can't see to figure out what I can use them for haha... right now I'm just using them for decorations lol..

In my play through I've used the fans in mob farms and as an elevator

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
So, i told you guys about my pet. Now it turns out, that each time i log in, another copy of it spawns.

Other then that, when can we use use pitchblende to make uranium and then into nuclear reactors?!

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
So, i told you guys about my pet. Now it turns out, that each time i log in, another copy of it spawns.

Other then that, when can we use use pitchblende to make uranium and then into nuclear reactors?!

I haven't got there yet, but I think it is in the mekanism stuff. I'll check with OneWolfe next time we are both on the farm

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't got there yet, but I think it is in the mekanism stuff. I'll check with OneWolfe next time we are both on the farm

Oh. I thought i had looked through NEI, but i guess i missed that part. Only found nuclear fission. Which is cool too, but i really wanted to make an nuclear reactor in honor of Touhous nuclear bird, Utsuho.

izzy1488

Jul 29, 2019
I know I keep bring this up.. But I figured I'd beat the dead horse again hah.. this time it's partial alive. Witchery Works with this mod pack now. I have it installed and I've done a few things with it. The mob HP is vanilla though, and the weapons are as well. But everything else mostly works.. I've made a few custom recipes for things, like ways to get vanilla saplings and the Oven recipe and such.. using that in game recipe maker mod. But it's just a couple recipes. It would be awesome if someone with the knowledge and know how to make a compatibility patch for this. And then share it with me lol

Z

Zerenza

Hey i'd like to disable some mods such as Computer craft but i'm not sure which ones i have to remove to completely remove it. I can't run the full mod pack is the reason why so i wanted to decrease the number of industrial mods such as Computer craft(basically the mods that require large amounts of machines.) I love the mod pack as a whole i just don't like to deal with the complicated Computer craft and other mods that work along side it.

S

Schnyd

I've been trying to play Terrafirmapunk for over a week now. I can load up a single player game just fine and play until my heart is content but when I exit and save and go to resume I cannot select my saves to resume. I've searched high and low and I'm not coming up with any answers. Any thoughts?

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to use tech to freeze food or somehow keep it from spoiling indefinitely? I mean... like a refrigerator or something?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to use tech to freeze food or somehow keep it from spoiling indefinitely? I mean... like a refrigerator or something?
There's the cellars addon to TFC - won't save food indefinitely but slows down decay a lot.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
There's the cellars addon to TFC - won't save food indefinitely but slows down decay a lot.
If you have electricity and automated mining... you really ought to have refrigeration.

I love TFCraft, I really enjoy challenges as long as those challenges can eventually be conquered. Food rots... that's a challenge... but if you can't eventually conquer that challenge and put it behind you then the game gets grindy to me. I'll play tfcraft again when I can finally refrigerate food and eliminate rot from play entirely.