[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Silkworms do not infest trees properly. It starts the infestation of the leaves, it might even spread to the adjacent leaves... then it just disappears/falls off.

Trying to find an easy way to get strings..

Last edited:
L

Lil Zombie

I guys i have some problema with the moldavi. I'm using Verizon 1.0.97
I have some railcraft ingots. Hai can i convert them in tfc ones?
Besides i would craft foundry of the cogs machine mod. How can?

The foundry is disabled by the modpack - there are other machines for it´s functionality, try looking around NEI.
I do not know how to convert the railcraft ingot, most recipes though should work with it.

Silkworms do not infest trees properly. It starts the infestation of the leaves, it might even spread to the adjacent leaves... then it just disappears/falls off.

Yea, i had tried that infesting too :)
For me the easiest way to get strings is to go in those dungeon houses in front of a swarm spider spawner - i got around 100-200 strings in 30minutes i think, didn´t take the exact time though ^^

Has anyone yet managed to complete that new quest named "Unforgotten Mysteries"? Crafting the witch water is not the problem, but i do not know how to let the questbook know since it doesnt seem to recognize it on its own.

Reactions: toole_user

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone yet managed to complete that new quest named "Unforgotten Mysteries"? Crafting the witch water is not the problem, but i do not know how to let the questbook know since it doesnt seem to recognize it on its own.

The questbook doesn't recognize the Witch Water in Oak Barrel, and the Cursed Witch Water in Oak Barrel. I tried with a single bucket in the oak barrel, and 10 buckets, but no dice.

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019

OneWolfe mentioned that on the previous page - try Forestry trees as they don't work with TFC trees. As you observed yourself.

Has anyone actually killed a hydra? I was testing a few thing in a test world and I came across a hydra spawner, so I decided to let it spawn and lets just say from what I can tell.."I could NOT find anything in this game that didn't take Forever to kill it"! I gave up after almost 30 min of hitting it with the strongest weapons that I could fined. I can say one thing for sure.. I will not be messing with one in my game! Something tells me the the other bosses have been boosted in an insane way.lol
The Hydra (and plenty of other things) do take quite some time to kill. However when you take into consideration that the pack was built for groups/multiplayer it quickly starts to make more sense.
However there is a second part to that, which is that the "strongest weapons" may not necessarily BE the strongest weapons...

Right now it would seem that the bow and Flaxbeard's blunderbuss may rule the show doing quite some damage. But you do need ammo for them and they take more time to draw/reload.
Diving in and whacking away seems to be more of a slow but steady approach assuming you're kitted out enough to endure.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone actually killed a hydra? I was testing a few thing in a test world and I came across a hydra spawner, so I decided to let it spawn and lets just say from what I can tell.."I could NOT find anything in this game that didn't take Forever to kill it"! I gave up after almost 30 min of hitting it with the strongest weapons that I could fined. I can say one thing for sure.. I will not be messing with one in my game! Something tells me the the other bosses have been boosted in an insane way.lol

OneWolfe mentioned that on the previous page - try Forestry trees as they don't work with TFC trees. As you observed yourself.

The Hydra (and plenty of other things) do take quite some time to kill. However when you take into consideration that the pack was built for groups/multiplayer it quickly starts to make more sense.
However there is a second part to that, which is that the "strongest weapons" may not necessarily BE the strongest weapons...

Right now it would seem that the bow and Flaxbeard's blunderbuss may rule the show doing quite some damage. But you do need ammo for them and they take more time to draw/reload.
Diving in and whacking away seems to be more of a slow but steady approach assuming you're kitted out enough to endure.

Last fall someone went through the old version of the pack from start to finish. This was the first time I had any documented examples of anything beyond the basic tech. And he proclaimed that ALL of the Twilight Bosses were way too easy! :p So I made everything much harder.
Unfortunately his series is very hard to find because its not labeled as TerraFirmaPunk anywhere in the title. Here is an example of him taking out the old hydra boss in a few minutes. Shooting the heads seems to be a huge waste of time :p

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried infesting Forestry's Oak Apple Trees/Leaves and the silkworms do not attach themselves to the leaves.

There are vanilla minecraft saplings in the roguelike dungeons. I've gotten a jungle sapling in there and Beavelguy has an acacia from his SP series.

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry tree does not fall with one chop. It's like vanilla where you have to chop each log down. Only tested with Apple Oak Tree.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, I was in a full set of ench wrought iron armor and normal iron sword, and an ench mace. This was in a test world, so after working on it for about 30min and dying 3 times, I changed it back to creative(Test World), and shot at it with a blunderbuss for another 20mins, mainly on the body, but hit the heads a few times. I finally switched to the musket and it seemed to take down its health a bit faster. The total time it took to kill was 1hr 10mins. I will admit that there is most likely weapons that are better that I don't know about. Sadly there is a huge amount of stuff in this pack that could make like easier.lol

I take it you would need steel armor and weapons, can you get ench infint on a bow in this pack? I got a Twilight forest bow in a reward bag I think.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was in a full set of ench wrought iron armor and normal iron sword, and an ench mace. This was in a test world, so after working on it for about 30min and dying 3 times, I changed it back to creative(Test World), and shot at it with a blunderbuss for another 20mins, mainly on the body, but hit the heads a few times. I finally switched to the musket and it seemed to take down its health a bit faster. The total time it took to kill was 1hr 10mins. I will admit that there is most likely weapons that are better that I don't know about. Sadly there is a huge amount of stuff in this pack that could make like easier.lol

I take it you would need steel armor and weapons, can you get ench infint on a bow in this pack? I got a Twilight forest bow in a reward bag I think.

Honestly, that and the bottom floor of the dungeons are ment to be that "Impossible Challenge" Yet someone always finds a way to do it ;)

Reactions: RehabOholic

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019

The guy in the video that said that it was easy was in full Red Steel armor and Sword, all enchanted. He was also level 90 which brought his health to close to 6000. He also downed some potions beforehand.

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Just found this on Ex Nihlio's Thread:

Code:
WARNING!
Because of some technical issues, silkworms will not work on Forestry trees.The crook will still allow you to get more saplings from them though. Also, Forestry saplings will not work as compost in the barrels. However, if you have IC2 installed, you can turn the saplings into plantballs and compost those.

Onwards to find spiders or vanilla saplings.

Reactions: OneWolfe

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently TFC inc sacs don't work with the printing press. Any way to make vanilla inc sacs craftable?

I just tried it with TFC Ink Sacs, and they do place on the printing press. I'm on version 2.0.3

I usually stand on top of the printing press, look down to place the ink sacs.

Svein Ove Aas

Jul 29, 2019
So like many others, I'm trying to set up a server using the client files. Unlike many others, I'm doing it in a repeatable manner, using my own Nix-based server-building scripts... which look like this, for the curious. It's a total hack, but it's been a massive time saving for me: https://github.com/Erisia/builder/blob/master/default.nix

But I'm at a bit of an impasse. I have two problems; neither is fatal, but it'd be great if I could resolve them. As a reward, I'll be happy to host server downloads for you if you'd like me to.

One is that fastcraft doesn't work. I'm used to that having no effect on servers, but IIRC there was some mention that TFP actually needs it for performance reasons? Can you confirm or deny that? (Denying would be preferable, heh.)

The other is a crash on startup if BiblioWoods is loaded. The crash log looks like this: http://sprunge.us/KSCe ...which seems to be an old bug that should have been fixed a while ago. Thoughts?