[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I'm a bit annoying with my questions but another one *hides*

Is there any hidden rule about where to find which rock-type (like "Closer to Z=0 you find rock'type xyz more likly")?

So far travelled for like 3'500 blocks and changed from a big area of schist to small basalt then almost 2'000 blocks diorite just to go back to basalt :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I'm a bit annoying with my questions but another one *hides*

Is there any hidden rule about where to find which rock-type (like "Closer to Z=0 you find rock'type xyz more likly")?

So far travelled for like 3'500 blocks and changed from a big area of schist to small basalt then almost 2'000 blocks diorite just to go back to basalt :(

um well yes there are a few tricks to finding different rock types that often don't get spelled out very clearly

Try caving or digging down to see what other rock types might be below the surface.

Also check the hot springs and wells to see if they contain any different rocks.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, will try that. Thank you :)

Guess you really need some luck in world-gen to not get stucked in certain things in TFC :/ (or have to travel 10'000 blocks for finally progressing a lil bit)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Guess you really need some luck in world-gen to not get stucked in certain things in TFC :/ (or have to travel 10'000 blocks for finally progressing a lil bit)

Yes, traveling 10 kilometers is standard MO for TFC.

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Now I'm confused since in "Schist"-gravel Kaolite appears to be in, but in the TFC wiki says that Kaolite doesn't appear in schist.

Is the wiki just a bit outdated (or it was changed for this pack) and I should trust more into the gravel-sieving-recipes or is there a few differences of gravel'sieving and rock'spawning?

I would use the Wiki as a guide, and use the NEI as more of a definite source, because OneWolfe modified the Sieves' outputs.

Yes, I traveled About 8'000 blocks to find chicken (twice because I wanted a male and female), about 10'000 blocks for a cow (only once, but will make another trip for the male), 12'000 blocks south for Chalk (for a recipe that required it).

I've found that you really have to be in the mindset to play TFC and this modpack. One day, I played for 6 hours, and all I accomplished was chop and gather wood and make 2 machines (which required gathering more iron ores, smelting, crafting).

I usually start a play session with 1 or 2 goals, and that's about it for the night. And just take it as a slow, relaxed ride.

Last edited:
L

Lil Zombie

I have just submitted a new update for the pack. It could take anywhere between a few hours or a few days before being available on the launcher. I hope you can all enjoy the changes from this new update :D

Here is a quick change log for the up comming update:

Aah, you also changed the archimedes ship percentage for flying baloons!! i was wondering why my ship wouldnt fly anymore :-D

Ah and i wanted to add two minor things-
1) The potato and carrot quest in the first questrow seem unfullfillable since zombies already drop tfc-vegetables
2) The carpenter doesnt seem to save it´s crafting progress after load/save

As i said, just 2 minor remarks, nothing important :)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I would use the Wiki as a guide, and use the NEI as more of a definite source, because OneWolfe modified the Sieves' outputs.

Yes, I traveled About 8'000 blocks to find chicken (twice because I wanted a male and female), about 10'000 blocks for a cow (only once, but will make another trip for the male), 12'000 blocks south for Chalk (for a recipe that required it).

I've found that you really have to be in the mindset to play TFC and this modpack. One day, I played for 6 hours, and all I accomplished was chop and gather wood and make 2 machines (which required gathering more iron ores, smelting, crafting).

I usually start a play session with 1 or 2 goals, and that's about it for the night. And just take it as a slow, relaxed ride.

Uh, guess I should either find more time to play then or wait till I actually finally have more time for minecraft again *smirks*
At the moment I'm happy when I even get one new tree type/some new seeds or a decent amount of ore per RL-day I'm playing.
The TFC mindset is hard for me to get in, cause as much as I love challanges I'm someone who hates when you stop playing and have the feeling "havn't done anything today" *laughs*
But at the same time I totally love how TFC and this pack changes minecraft, making it a whole new experience for me (and maybe it will teach me some more patience one day *smirks*)

Guess at least my first goal is set: Getting enough food for actually making long travels. :D

Reactions: OneWolfe

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, guess I should either find more time to play then or wait till I actually finally have more time for minecraft again *smirks*
At the moment I'm happy when I even get one new tree type/some new seeds or a decent amount of ore per RL-day I'm playing.
The TFC mindset is hard for me to get in, cause as much as I love challanges I'm someone who hates when you stop playing and have the feeling "havn't done anything today" *laughs*
But at the same time I totally love how TFC and this pack changes minecraft, making it a whole new experience for me (and maybe it will teach me some more patience one day *smirks*)

Guess at least my first goal is set: Getting enough food for actually making long travels. :D

The TFC style of playing can be hard to get used to. Fortunately for me I have always loved this style of playing even since my SWG days when I was a master ranger living like a hermit fishing all day and selling off the meat to the highest bidder.

Water1Wolf

Jul 29, 2019
Check the editmode.cfg file to see if edit mode is set to false on both the client and the server. Also try using the command "/hqm quest"

I have seen this bug a few times before, but not entirely sure whats causing it.

Ah, I believe the problem I had was that I hadn't actually updated my configs (or more importantly, quests.hqm), likely causing it to get confused by quests somehow. /hqm quests told me that it was already active

Reactions: OneWolfe

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Besides lugging around a barrel is there any other forms of storage that can be used on long trips? I know Forestry packs are there, but they are not configured to hold anything from this pack.. or at least the adventures pack. Thanks again for any advice:)

Also what is the best stone type layers to build a base in? Igneous Extrusive, Igneous Intrusive, etc? Any advice would be helpful. I am starting over and wanted to know what to shoot for when loading a new world for the best start.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You still can use these 4-item-storage vessels (ceramic vessel or how they're called). If you pack your Barrel full with them you can even pretty much quadruple the size of it's inventory. (though at the cost that some items seems not to go into Vessels)

About stone type: In the beginning it helps to have one which has the chance for copper, since you will need lots and lots of copper. But from my experience so far, you will need quiet alot different stone types (like dolomite/marble for Flux and others for other ressource-spawn). Luckily the stone-type for flux can be found in these stone-faces or other ruins in the world.
So I guess no stone-type is really the "best" one, since you still need to find alot of others for other ores and stuff.

Reactions: RehabOholic

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Aah, you also changed the archimedes ship percentage for flying baloons!! i was wondering why my ship wouldnt fly anymore :-D

Ah and i wanted to add two minor things-
1) The potato and carrot quest in the first questrow seem unfullfillable since zombies already drop tfc-vegetables
2) The carpenter doesnt seem to save it´s crafting progress after load/save

As i said, just 2 minor remarks, nothing important :)

I changed the ships several updates ago.

1. ??? not sure what your saying.
2. I have no idea how to change their behavior :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

I am someone who generally plays between 8 and 16 hours a day so I really enjoy the long winded challenges.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I believe the problem I had was that I hadn't actually updated my configs (or more importantly, quests.hqm), likely causing it to get confused by quests somehow. /hqm quests told me that it was already active

oh that makes alot of sense :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Besides lugging around a barrel is there any other forms of storage that can be used on long trips? I know Forestry packs are there, but they are not configured to hold anything from this pack.. or at least the adventures pack. Thanks again for any advice:)

Also what is the best stone type layers to build a base in? Igneous Extrusive, Igneous Intrusive, etc? Any advice would be helpful. I am starting over and wanted to know what to shoot for when loading a new world for the best start.

I have thought about configuring the adventures packs but cannot seem to come up with a list of items I am happy with. I might start with the flaxbeard items and anything that can be found in dungeons or treasure chests ...

Thanks for helping me take a second look at this :D

Reactions: theluckyone17
L

Lil Zombie

I changed the ships several updates ago.

1. ??? not sure what your saying.
2. I have no idea how to change their behavior :(

Hu, sorry for my bad english, it´s not my native tongue ^^

From 2.0 to 2.03 the balloon-percentage changed from 60 to 65 % ;-)
(so 5 balloons and 3 blocks wouldnt fly anymore)

and for the quests ... in the Questline "the Survivalist" we have those 2 quests named "wild tubers" and "tasteless roots" where you are supposed to exchange your zombie-drop carrots and potatoes for tfc-carrots and potatos. I killed at least 200 zombies by now but they never dropped vanilla-vegetable, you already changed their drops to tfc-vegetable - so these 2 quests are no longer necessery - at least i thing so :)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Hu, sorry for my bad english, it´s not my native tongue ^^

From 2.0 to 2.03 the balloon-percentage changed from 60 to 65 % ;-)
(so 5 balloons and 3 blocks wouldnt fly anymore)

and for the quests ... in the Questline "the Survivalist" we have those 2 quests named "wild tubers" and "tasteless roots" where you are supposed to exchange your zombie-drop carrots and potatoes for tfc-carrots and potatos. I killed at least 200 zombies by now but they never dropped vanilla-vegetable, you already changed their drops to tfc-vegetable - so these 2 quests are no longer necessery - at least i thing so :)

I didnt think that was still in there. Unfortunately there is no way to create a recipe to change vanilla food into TFC food so I used the questbook to do it. And yes there are still places where you can find vanilla carrots ;)

PS: some quests are not ment to be completed

Reactions: Lil Zombie

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I have thought about configuring the adventures packs but cannot seem to come up with a list of items I am happy with. I might start with the flaxbeard items and anything that can be found in dungeons or treasure chests ...

Thanks for helping me take a second look at this :D

The items you find in dungeons would be a big help:) I was wondering before I craft anymore, does the other bags hold any of the TFC items? Like will the miners backpack hold minerals, etc? I made the Adventures before I remembered that that backpack is always a blank slate for the user/map pack author to add stuff to.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt think that was still in there. Unfortunately there is no way to create a recipe to change vanilla food into TFC food so I used the questbook to do it. And yes there are still places where you can find vanilla carrots ;)

PS: some quests are not ment to be completed

Very rarely and I mean rarely I have had a mob drop a vanilla potato or carrot. I'm assuming it was from a zombie, but I can't be positive. In fact Beavelguy got one on the TFPunk'd series our first recording session.

Reactions: Lil Zombie

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Very rarely and I mean rarely I have had a mob drop a vanilla potato or carrot. I'm assuming it was from a zombie, but I can't be positive. In fact Beavelguy got one on the TFPunk'd series our first recording session.

The Zombie Awareness mod can summon hordes of other zombies, but the zombies they do summon are vanilla zombies :(

Also some of the older RLDs still spawn vanilla carrots and potatoes.