[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Finally built the Helm for Archimedes Ship and it counts the dirt as part of the ship.

Had to add the following to the ArchimedesShips.cfg in the Forbidden Blocks section. (Credit to Fafnir from another forum/thread).

Code:
  terrafirmacraft:ClayGrass
  terrafirmacraft:ClayGrass2
  terrafirmacraft:DryGrass
  terrafirmacraft:DryGrass2
  terrafirmacraft:Grass
  terrafirmacraft:LooseRock
  terrafirmacraft:TallGrass
  terrafirmacraft:Grass2
  terrafirmacraft:Gravel
  terrafirmacraft:Gravel2
  terrafirmacraft:Ice
  terrafirmacraft:StoneIgEx
  terrafirmacraft:StoneSed
  terrafirmacraft:leaves
  terrafirmacraft:leaves2
  terrafirmacraft:Dirt
  terrafirmacraft:Dirt2
  terrafirmacraft:Sand
  terrafirmacraft:Sand2

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Finally built the Helm for Archimedes Ship and it counts the dirt as part of the ship.

Had to add the following to the ArchimedesShips.cfg in the Forbidden Blocks section. (Credit to Fafnir from another forum/thread).

Code:
  terrafirmacraft:ClayGrass
  terrafirmacraft:ClayGrass2
  terrafirmacraft:DryGrass
  terrafirmacraft:DryGrass2
  terrafirmacraft:Grass
  terrafirmacraft:LooseRock
  terrafirmacraft:TallGrass
  terrafirmacraft:Grass2
  terrafirmacraft:Gravel
  terrafirmacraft:Gravel2
  terrafirmacraft:Ice
  terrafirmacraft:StoneIgEx
  terrafirmacraft:StoneSed
  terrafirmacraft:leaves
  terrafirmacraft:leaves2
  terrafirmacraft:Dirt
  terrafirmacraft:Dirt2
  terrafirmacraft:Sand
  terrafirmacraft:Sand2

Anesos for the TFC Teusday Stream has sent me a huge list of forbidden blocks that he has tested of the last few weeks. I will be including that list with the next update.

Thanks for point these out to me :D

Reactions: MonkeyTown551

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on the rainfall of the area you are in, it may not spawn at all. The rainfall statistic can be seen by pressing F3. You need a rain value of at least 500 for clay to spawn

If you are needing a good seed, I have made the one I'm using for my Let's Play Series available. It is a very good starting area.

Level Seed - 3659539838550352030

Thank you :)
Still learning alot about the new mechanics terrafirmacraft brings with it. So much to learn but it really looks great.

If my latest world proof to be just a fluke when it comes to "Finally no island" then I try the seed. Thanks for this, too.
World generation really was persistent to put me into islands and no-clay-biomes, took me another 8 tries to finally get this world.*smirks*

[edit]

One question about panning with the gold pan:
Do I understand the wiki right, that this "overworking" of an area is permanent, so when trying to get some extra ores you will have to go through alot of chunks?
Or does the chunk kinda "settle down" after a while and you can use the chunk one year later again?
(wondering if it's worth to try it out early or if it would be better to wait for the skill to have increased to have higher chances of actually getting some ore)

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
One question about panning with the gold pan:
Do I understand the wiki right, that this "overworking" of an area is permanent, so when trying to get some extra ores you will have to go through alot of chunks?
Or does the chunk kinda "settle down" after a while and you can use the chunk one year later again?
(wondering if it's worth to try it out early or if it would be better to wait for the skill to have increased to have higher chances of actually getting some ore)

Yes the overworking is permanent, but I usually just walk up and down a beach and stop after every chunk to pan it dry then move on. It normal only takes an ingame day or two to get enough ore to craft the essential tools (Pick, Saw, Pro-Pick) before I can start mining the ores straight from the ground. There can also be more than enough native copper laying on the ground to make the tools you need. Copper can come in three forms so check the wiki to see if you have any of the ores laying around the area too.

Lorinth_awesome

Jul 29, 2019
So I can log in for a brief moment - and if I stand still I dont crash but as soon as I move and load in more content I crash. I have minimized the render distance and that is what makes it now possible to stay at the game. Reading through the crash log I think it has something to do with carpenters slopes.

I have deleted out all the carpenters slopes, thrown all my items in a chest and deleted my player data. Mode is atm Peaceful so it doesnt have to render mobs. But nothing helps so maybe a bright mind in here have a solution for me?

Attachments

• crash-2016-06-02_11.19.32-client.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 130

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answer :]
Luckily found quiet big veins of copper so far. So at least copper is saved (and got some bronze-tools in the rewards bags... kinda put the bags into a chest for now to not make my first TFC experience too spoiled from the bags ^^")

One other question about finding the different stone types:
Is it best to just run around on the ground and search for the different stones there (I read that TFC puts alot of focus on exploring) or is it better to dig some little tunnels down from time to time to see what different stones I (hopefully...) find underground?

So far only found a giant schist, diorite and basalt biome (is biome the right term in case of stones? o_O). But always love to have alot of different ressources to build my place *smirks*

[edit]
And two more questions what confuses me at the moment:

- Is there actually a way to make the stone-rods for the microblocks saw?
(I can't find out a recipe in NEI which makes sense and wondering if microblocks probably are only ingame cause of the chisel of TFC to work or if you actually can make the saw somehow)

- Just to make sure: When you're chiseling something with the TFC chisel, there is no turning back (in case you made a mistake), is that right? Or some secret of how to save the stoneblock when you clicked wrong? :D

Last edited:

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

Is there a recipe on this pack for a Stone Pounder from the Cogs of the Machine Mod?

I'm making a let's play on this modpack on my channel and I was wondering also what you guys are doing with the Mods Cogs of the Machines and Flaxbeard's Steam Power?
Would be nice to have some suggestions on what to aim for using those mods in game.

Thanks.

ESK

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
- Is there actually a way to make the stone-rods for the microblocks saw?
(I can't find out a recipe in NEI which makes sense and wondering if microblocks probably are only ingame cause of the chisel of TFC to work or if you actually can make the saw somehow)

- Just to make sure: When you're chiseling something with the TFC chisel, there is no turning back (in case you made a mistake), is that right? Or some secret of how to save the stoneblock when you clicked wrong? :D

- I don't think there is a way to get Vanilla Cobblestone or vanilla stone.
- Don't think so. Once you use the chisel there is no turning back.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

Is there a recipe on this pack for a Stone Pounder from the Cogs of the Machine Mod?

ESK

Nope, it breaks to many basic TFC rules and provides no option to change inputs and outputs so that machine has been removed.

Would be nice to have some suggestions on what to aim for using those mods in game.

The questbook should provide a rough outline of how those mods are ment to be used.

I would like to see someone, not me, put together a nice tutorial or wiki for this pack.

L

Lil Zombie

One other question about finding the different stone types:
Is it best to just run around on the ground and search for the different stones there (I read that TFC puts alot of focus on exploring) or is it better to dig some little tunnels down from time to time to see what different stones I (hopefully...) find underground?

a) Yes, in order to find the 5 different types of stone the questbook wants you to, its best to just wander around, but be prepared for a veeeery long journey (chalk took me like forever, been away about 8000 - 10000 blocks in each direction until i finally found some on the ground of the sea)

Other types of stone can also be found underground after digging down, more information is found in the wiki in minerals and ores

b) I do not think there is a way to undo chiseling

The other things i do not know ^^

Greetings

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answers :]

And yeah I read while googling about this topic that people often have to travel thousands of blocks to find what they search. Guess I should first get through my first winter and actually start farming so I actually have the food (and probably some bed to not spend too much time in caves waiting for the morning *smirks*) for such long travels.

About my first winter which soon will hit me:
In the wiki to TFC I found nothing about that animals (cows, sheep and so) can actually die in winter.
- Is that correct or should I worry about making a shelter soon for them to be out of the snow?
- And since I hardly got any grain left (didn't farm at all yet, only have what I found in the wild so far): Can animals die when they're not getting food or is it just bad for the familirization to not feed them?

(Quiet worried about my animals, since I was very lucky of having a male/female couple of cows and sheep not far away from my base)

J

JAWolfe

So I can log in for a brief moment - and if I stand still I dont crash but as soon as I move and load in more content I crash. I have minimized the render distance and that is what makes it now possible to stay at the game. Reading through the crash log I think it has something to do with carpenters slopes.

I have deleted out all the carpenters slopes, thrown all my items in a chest and deleted my player data. Mode is atm Peaceful so it doesnt have to render mobs. But nothing helps so maybe a bright mind in here have a solution for me?

I've reported this crash to the author of TFC Additions since it is due to his mod being incompatible with the latest version of Carpenter's Blocks.

PintOfBass

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks,

I want to build in this sweet mountain valley near my spawn. The giant miners and mountain trolls disagree and have control of the home owners association. I see no 'simple' way of changing their ability to spawn in a config file, what do I delete. I tried deleting a JSON file just called 'troll', now instead of mountain trolls its cave trolls with 30 HP and don't have the TFC scaling for damage. So what did I miss.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks,

I want to build in this sweet mountain valley near my spawn. The giant miners and mountain trolls disagree and have control of the home owners association. I see no 'simple' way of changing their ability to spawn in a config file, what do I delete. I tried deleting a JSON file just called 'troll', now instead of mountain trolls its cave trolls with 30 HP and don't have the TFC scaling for damage. So what did I miss.

Just Another Spawner (JAS) controls all of the "Natural" spawning but the two files your going to want to look at are:

\config\JustAnotherSpawner\WorldSettings\BASIC\DEFAULT\EntityHandlers\TwilightForest.cfg
\config\JustAnotherSpawner\WorldSettings\BASIC\DEFAULT\SpawnListEntries\TwilightForest.cfg

Deleting either of these files will cause all the TF mobs to stop spawning in the overworld :'(

Dungeons and ruins will still work tho.

Reactions: PintOfBass

PintOfBass

Jul 29, 2019
Just Another Spawner (JAS) controls all of the "Natural" spawning but the two files your going to want to look at are:

\config\JustAnotherSpawner\WorldSettings\BASIC\DEFAULT\EntityHandlers\TwilightForest.cfg
\config\JustAnotherSpawner\WorldSettings\BASIC\DEFAULT\SpawnListEntries\TwilightForest.cfg

Deleting either of these files will cause all the TF mobs to stop spawning in the overworld :'(

Dungeons and ruins will still work tho.

Thank you, I edited the trolls and giant miners of the spawn tables for hills/mountains. You have them weighted pretty high with a max pack size of 4 by default, since they both can spawn in full sunlight on the surface I would suggest a lower default weight and a pack size of 1 for both as they are both boss level deadly.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have just submitted a new update for the pack. It could take anywhere between a few hours or a few days before being available on the launcher. I hope you can all enjoy the changes from this new update :D

Here is a quick change log for the up comming update:

SERVER:
Dedicated/Personal Server creation files fixed
Time flowing backwards issue fixed
Aroma Backup mod disabled by default (There is no need for it in Single Player, unless you wish to)

QUESTBOOK:
Added quest for Brick Ovens
Added Bee and Tree breeding quests
Rearranged rewards to better help mid-tier tech progression
Added Unique Firearms to reward bags named Reinforced Gun Locker

MOBS:
Tweaked various mob health, damage and spawning requirements
Wither Boss now has TFC Boss level health
Giants now have faster moment speeds
Armored Giants from the Ice Castle should now spawn in daylight
Twilight Ravens removed
Attempted to fix TFC Horse spawns

CRAFTING:
Storage Drawer upgrade recipes added
Storage Drawer recipe cost reduced
Shurgent's TFC Tech now has redundant Anvil recipes due to them often disappearing in Multiplayer
Tree Tapping tool costs reduced
Olive Oil can now be used as an alternative to Creosote in most recipes
Most OpenBlocks recipes removed
Added Knapping recipe for Stone Gear
Changed IE lamp recipes
Whale Oil is now craftable and can be used for fuel in Liquid Fired Boilers
Added recipe for Bundle of Sticks, compressible up to three tiers
Add 5 new Metal Press Molds

TOOL & ARMOR REPAIRS:
I attempted to find a way to make TFC tools and Armor repairable with out much success. For now tools can be melted back into ingots and armor pieces into their Unfinished(Stage 1) versions. This allows for tools and armor to be recrafted with out completely loosing the base materials.

POTIONS:
Many vanilla potions can now be crafted/brewed in TFC barrels. There are two base potion liquids that can be made in barrels; Witch Water and Cursed Witch Water. Either of these combined with various alcohol, berries, redstone, glowstone, or dyes can now produce almost any potion effects.

MODS:
Added TFC Scales
Added Pistronics

Reactions: Lil Zombie

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
I have just submitted a new update for the pack. It could take anywhere between a few hours or a few days before being available on the launcher. I hope you can all enjoy the changes from this new update :D

MODS:
Added TFC Scales
Added Pistronics

Yay! for scales. Pistronics? I will need to research that one. Is it low/mid/high tier tech?