[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
If when you get around to the update to 2.0.1 if you could point out some of the big changes (for example, anything worldgen-related) it would be sorely appreciated.

Reactions: theluckyone17

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
If when you get around to the update to 2.0.1 if you could point out some of the big changes (for example, anything worldgen-related) it would be sorely appreciated.

Its mostly server related issues and a few recipes here and there.

L

Lynnie

I've been enjoying this pack immensely. I had been tinkering with straight up terrafirma but I prefer my mods to have a bit of direction and quest to them so was excited to find this... tho I confess it took me about 10 tries to learn to not die a lot.

I meant to post just to say that I was having a couple tiny glitches to fix eventually -- one that the red apple for the cheese/apple quest refuses to accept and the other that the new latex tap recipe won't display and is rather hard to find.

But then I defeated a celestial geonach (lycanthropes mod) and it gave me a soulstone that unlocked a fairly awesome red dinosaur thing that looked me saucily in the eye then wandered off down the stairs. The game told me to look at in my mount manager which I had to find and remap a keyboard shortcut to.... at which point my game promptly crashed and now won't open at all.

Are mounts supposed to be enabled in this game? I hadn't heard mention of them previously but I haven't fully explored all features by a long run.

Is there something I can do to fix my game or return to an earlier version? (yes, I know I'm noob).

Error Log

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I've been enjoying this pack immensely. I had been tinkering with straight up terrafirma but I prefer my mods to have a bit of direction and quest to them so was excited to find this... tho I confess it took me about 10 tries to learn to not die a lot.

I meant to post just to say that I was having a couple tiny glitches to fix eventually -- one that the red apple for the cheese/apple quest refuses to accept and the other that the new latex tap recipe won't display and is rather hard to find.

But then I defeated a celestial geonach (lycanthropes mod) and it gave me a soulstone that unlocked a fairly awesome red dinosaur thing that looked me saucily in the eye then wandered off down the stairs. The game told me to look at in my mount manager which I had to find and remap a keyboard shortcut to.... at which point my game promptly crashed and now won't open at all.

Are mounts supposed to be enabled in this game? I hadn't heard mention of them previously but I haven't fully explored all features by a long run.

Is there something I can do to fix my game or return to an earlier version? (yes, I know I'm noob).

Error Log

Ok, I have not messed with the Lycanites Mount Manager yet but it sounds like a very bad idea :(
My first guess to fix the issue would be to delete the player data, next guess would be to find where Lycanites stores their mount related info and delete that. Third would be to temporarily remove the Lycanites mod and HQM and then try loading the world. This will of course loose any quest progress and may completely ruin the bottom floors of the dungeons :(

If anyone has any better suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thank you for letting my know about this serious issue :D

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
Are there deserts with cactus? I haven't found any. But our start is at -10000 in one direction and I guess the game fixes the equator at that location, so a desert would be more likely to be found there?

Also, do the sprinklers in Cogs in the Machine correctly water TFC crops?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Are there deserts with cactus? I haven't found any. But our start is at -10000 in one direction and I guess the game fixes the equator at that location, so a desert would be more likely to be found there?

Also, do the sprinklers in Cogs in the Machine correctly water TFC crops?

Yes, there are deserts, but very hard to find.

No the games version of the Equator will be found at Z = 0. Your current location is 10000 blocks North.

No, those Spinklers are based off of the Vanilla mechanics and I don't think they do anything for TFC Soil. And neither would the open blocks sprinklers :(

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there are deserts, but very hard to find.

No the games version of the Equator will be found at Z = 0. Your current location is 10000 blocks North.

No, those Spinklers are based off of the Vanilla mechanics and I don't think they do anything for TFC Soil. And neither would the open blocks sprinklers :(
Vanilla growth is based off random ticks, TFC growth is based off time passed. For instance if you go into vanilla and cycle the day night, crops won't be effected. If you do that in TFC they will grow. There is a device in this pack that can change time which can be used to accelerate TFC mechanics such as barrels, crops, and breeding. If you are in the unfortunate situation where time flowed backwards, you will have to catch the time back up or reset progress.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla growth is based off random ticks, TFC growth is based off time passed. For instance if you go into vanilla and cycle the day night, crops won't be effected. If you do that in TFC they will grow. There is a device in this pack that can change time which can be used to accelerate TFC mechanics such as barrels, crops, and breeding. If you are in the unfortunate situation where time flowed backwards, you will have to catch the time back up or reset progress.

Is that the Timewood Clock?

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
last I checked it was still craft-able back in .98 so depending on when you "disabled" that, it still might be a thing.

Used it to fix a charcoal pit that was started a day and a half in the future.

Give me a second and I'll check if it still is craft-able in 2.0

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
last I checked it was still craft-able back in .98 so depending on when you "disabled" that, it still might be a thing.

Used it to fix a charcoal pit that was started a day and a half in the future.

There are still a lot of default recipes that I never really touched. Unfortunately several of those items are just too OP :(

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
There are still a lot of default recipes that I never really touched. Unfortunately several of those items are just too OP :(
The only reasons I see to keep sc2 is the guns, some of the mobs, and the fact that it is steampunk themed. Everything else has replacements already in the pack in one form or another, or not fully used such as whales. Yes you can take the time to kill those beasts and get the bones to make subpar armor, but isn't really needed and can't make what oil. You'll be using TFC armor anyways, flaxbeard has modular armor already if that's what you want. SC2 tends to break things I've noticed. The lightning rod is in immersive engineering. You said earlier you tinkered with the damage for the firearms but how do they compare? back in 99 I shot they hydra with every firearm in sc2 and was better waking it with a bronze poniard you get from sieving.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I would also change the Archimedes ship helm crafting recipe to make it much more difficult to encourage trains because once you get an airship, you don't go back. Like only found in chests in the bottom of dungeons, or need trophies from Twilight forest bosses plus items from lycanites bosses. Something that assures you are worthy of the title steam ship captain.

Another possible solution would be to lower the base speed of the ships to a crawl, pretty much forcing you to invest in the steam engines. Then there is at least a fuel cost.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I would also change the Archimedes ship helm crafting recipe to make it much more difficult to encourage trains because once you get an airship, you don't go back. Like only found in chests in the bottom of dungeons, or need trophies from Twilight forest bosses plus items from lycanites bosses. Something that assures you are worthy of the title steam ship captain.

I like to leave it as a personal choice at this point, and trains are really not ment for serious long distance exploring and raiding pirate ships. The trains can actually be used as quicker transport around your base and are a cheaper means of automation than Logistics Pipes.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I like to leave it as a personal choice at this point, and trains are really not ment for serious long distance exploring and raiding pirate ships. The trains can actually be used as quicker transport around your base and are a cheaper means of automation than Logistics Pipes.
Wouldn't know. Didn't have anything automated. Didn't see much you could automate. Bees, iron, steel, concrete. Anything involving TFC can't be automated as far as I know. Still was chopping down trees manually late game, though could have used a turtle. Actually if anyone has a pretty neat automated setup, for something in this pack other than mob grinders, I'd love to see.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't know. Didn't have anything automated. Didn't see much you could automate. Bees, iron, steel, concrete. Anything involving TFC can't be automated as far as I know. Still was chopping down trees manually late game, though could have used a turtle. Actually if anyone has a pretty neat automated setup, for something in this pack other than mob grinders, I'd love to see.

I am looking into ways to automate the Blast Furnace. But I am sure that a dropper cart can auto load it so you don't have to climb all the way to the top each time. Same with the Bloomery ...

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking into ways to automate the Blast Furnace. But I am sure that a dropper cart can auto load it so you don't have to climb all the way to the top each time. Same with the Bloomery ...
Actually the best way I found to automate the blast furnace was a dropper with bibliocraft clock. Use your transfer mechanism of choice to load the dropper with charcoal, have the bibiocraft clock setup to pulse every so often, have a second dropper auto dispense what ever is loaded into it with a transfer mechanism of your choice. Use the second dropper for initial charcoal, flux, and ore. Enable the biblioclock and then wait for the blast furnace to get up to temp and the ore to reach that temp. Then pump on bellows to melt it into a crucible and switch it out when it gets full.
For the bloomery you just subtract the first dropper + clock.
There is a mod for tfc to automate bellows.
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7990-tfc-07924-automated-bellows-addon/
Not sure how to make either fully automatic since you still need to dig out the bloom from the bloomery, and unless you get your redstone time just right, have no tick lag, keep the chunk loaded, and find out how to pump out the molten metal from either the blast furnace or cruicble, the process is bound to get clogged or run dry at some point automating the blast furnace.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Someone did make an Automated Bellows mod but I really doubt I would put it into this pack. If we can automate everything else we can make the process as simple as pushing a button then pumping the bellows :p

Even the three step process of turning pig iron to steel is automatable :D

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to carry 2 animals at once? I'm using the Reinforced Tucker Bag and can only carry 1 animal at a time. The only annoyance I have with this is that I'm about 8k away from a biome in search of chickens and cows. And to make multiple trips carrying 1 animal at a time... takes about 1/2 hour each way. If not, I'll wait until I can build a flying ship.

Are there only 2 ways to make charcoal? Coke Oven and Stacks of Wood lit with Torch?

Thanks, really enjoying this modpack!