[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
For Graphite, grab stacks of Gneiss Gravel, Marble Gravel, Quartzite Gravel or Schist Gravel.... use Ex Hilio's Sieve.
For Kaolinite, grab stacks of Chert Gravel, Conglomerate Gravel, Dolomite Gravel, Limestone Gravel, Rock Salt Gravel, and use them on Ex Hilio's Sieve.

Whatever ores or minerals that you want, find out where they normally appear, grab huge stacks of the gravel from there and use the Sieve. It's much better than gold-panning, or the sluice.
I've been referencing the wiki page - http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Ores_&_Minerals

I'm still looking for a cow... and chicken.

Man, I can't thank you enough for this information. I can finally advance into the iron age!! Woohoo!

It's a shame that the sluice is disappointing.

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
Word is that the mod causing the servers' time to run backwards when no one was logged on is TFCTech. It's also been addressed in version 0.2.5-A10. Testing it now on my server.

Question: Is this fixed version in TerraFirmaPunk 2.x? I'm currently running 1.0.99.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
For Graphite, grab stacks of Gneiss Gravel, Marble Gravel, Quartzite Gravel or Schist Gravel.... use Ex Hilio's Sieve.
For Kaolinite, grab stacks of Chert Gravel, Conglomerate Gravel, Dolomite Gravel, Limestone Gravel, Rock Salt Gravel, and use them on Ex Hilio's Sieve.

Whatever ores or minerals that you want, find out where they normally appear, grab huge stacks of the gravel from there and use the Sieve. It's much better than gold-panning, or the sluice.
I've been referencing the wiki page - http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Ores_&_Minerals

I'm still looking for a cow... and chicken.

Great bit of research you have got there :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
also here is a script I made so you can color your balloons using liquid dye which is made in a barrel. All you have to do is on the server, navigate to file called scripts. Add a script called zSomething.zs and then paste this code in it. Dunk any color and number of balloons in and it will dye as many balloons as you have dye for.

Cool, can I add this to the public pack?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Is this fixed version in TerraFirmaPunk 2.x? I'm currently running 1.0.99.

It's not in 2.0 or 1.0.99. I'm currently running 2.0, and had to swap in 0.2.5-A10

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Sorry, the TFCTech update came out after I the posted TFP 2.0 update. It will be in going into 2.0.1, but it could be a week or two before I am able to get it released.

Reactions: theluckyone17

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Life happens . No worries from me. It's easy enough to disable and enable mods within the FTB interface. If enough changes in the mod to break things, I'm out of luck, though.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, can I add this to the public pack?
Totally! I have the entire script I made which also removed the crossbow and longbow, allowed you to crush coppr arrowheads, pots, and teapots, and poinards with a hammer, and fixed a number of recipes. I'll get the entire script and you can cherry pick. The name is z[servername].zs so that it didn't get overwrote, and the z so that it was loaded last because it loads scripts in alphabetical order. If this makes it into the actual files I would relocate each script to it's appropriate file.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/s4dxfk

Downloading unknown files can be scary so here's the contents.
//leather
recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:leather>,[<terrafirmacraft:item.TFC Leather>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<terrafirmacraft:item.TFC Leather>,[<minecraft:leather>]);

// Steam-Powered Jetpack
recipes.remove(<steamcraft2:ItemSteamJetpack>);
recipes.addShaped(<steamcraft2:ItemSteamJetpack>,
[[<steamcraft2:ItemCanisterSteam>,<ore:plateSteel>,<steamcraft2:ItemCanisterSteam>],
[<ore:plateBrass>,<ore:plateSteel>,<ore:plateBrass>],
[<ore:plateBrass>,null,<ore:plateBrass>]]);

// clockwork mechanism
recipes.addShaped(<steamcraft2:ItemMachinePart:1> * 4,
[[<ore:partCastIronRod>,<ore:plateBrass>,<ore:partCastIronRod>],
[<TwilightForest:item.chainBlock>,<minecraft:clock>,<Cogs:clockworkPick:1>.onlyDamageBetween(0,500).transformDamage(100)],
[<ore:partCastIronRod>,<ore:plateBrass>,<ore:partCastIronRod>]]);

// brass cogs
mods.immersiveengineering.MetalPress.addRecipe(<Cogs:cogwheel:3> *2, <ore:plateBrass>, <ImmersiveEngineering:mold:1>, 500, 1);

// Smashed ore
for item in <ore:itemHammer>.items {
recipes.addShapeless(<Steamcraft:smashedOre:15>,[<tfcm:item.Arrow_Copper_Head>, item.anyDamage().transformDamage(15)]);
}

// clay
recipes.addShapeless(<terrafirmacraft:item.Clay>,[<terrafirmacraft:FlowerPot>, item.anyDamage().transformDamage(15)]);
}

// bassalt brick
recipes.addShapeless(<terrafirmacraft:item.ItemStoneBrick:12> * 4,[<steamcraft2:ItemTeapot>, item.anyDamage().transformDamage(15)]);
}

// Bronze chunk
recipes.addShapeless(<tfctech:item.Bronze Nugget>,[<tfcm:item.Poniard_Bronze_Head>, item.anyDamage().transformDamage(15)]);
}

// wooden post
recipes.remove(<ImmersiveEngineering:woodenDevice>);
recipes.addShaped(<ImmersiveEngineering:woodenDevice>,
[[<ImmersiveEngineering:woodenDecoration:1>,null,null],
[<ImmersiveEngineering:woodenDecoration:1>,null,null],
[<ore:stoneBricks>,null,null]]);

// String
recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:string>,[<DecorationsTFC:item.Brush>]);

// longbow
recipes.remove(<tfcm:item.LongBow>);

// crossbow
recipes.remove(<tfcm:item.CrossBow>);

// Armor editor
recipes.addShapeless(<steamcraft2:BlockArmorEditor>, [<ore:plateBrass>, <ore:craftingTableWood>, <ore:plateBrass>, <ore:plateBrass>, <ore:plateBrass>, <ore:plateBrass>, <ore:craftingTableWood>, <ore:craftingTableWood>, <ore:chest>]);

// parachute
recipes.addShaped(<steamcraft2:ItemParachute>,
[[<ore:materialCloth>,<ore:materialCloth>,<ore:materialCloth>],
[<ore:materialCloth>,null,<ore:materialCloth>],
[<ore:materialString>,null,<ore:materialString>]]);

// rollerSkates
recipes.addShaped(<steamcraft2:ItemRollerSkates>,
[[null,<minecraft:potion:8226>,null],
[<ore:itemRubber>,<terrafirmacraft:item.bootsCloth>,<ore:itemRubber>],
[<steamcraft2:ItemMusketBall>,<ore:CastIronRod>,<steamcraft2:ItemMusketBall>]]);

// EmergencyTank
recipes.addShaped(<steamcraft2:ItemEmergencyTank>,
[[<ore:plateBrass>,<ore:plateBrass>,<ore:plateBrass>],
[<ore:plateBrass>,<lwstfc:item.LeatherWaterSac>.anyDamage(),<ore:plateBrass>],
[<ore:plateBrass>,<ore:plateBrass>,<ore:plateBrass>]]);

// reactive plating
recipes.addShaped(<steamcraft2:ItemPistonPlating>,
[[<ore:dustRedstone>,<minecraft:piston>,<ore:dustRedstone>],
[<minecraft:piston>,<terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Chestplate>,<minecraft:piston>],
[<ore:dustRedstone>,<minecraft:piston>,<ore:dustRedstone>]]);

// concrete
recipes.addShaped(<ImmersiveEngineering:stoneDecoration:4>*8,
[[<ore:blockSand>,<ore:lumpClay>,<ore:blockSand>],
[<ore:blockGravel>,<ore:bucketWater>,<ore:blockGravel>],
[<ore:blockSand>,<ore:lumpClay>,<ore:blockSand>]]);

recipes.addShaped(<ImmersiveEngineering:stoneDecoration:4>*12,
[[<ore:itemSlag>,<ore:lumpClay>,<ore:itemSlag>],
[<ore:blockGravel>,<ore:bucketWater>,<ore:blockGravel>],
[<ore:itemSlag>,<ore:lumpClay>,<ore:itemSlag>]]);

// coloured balloons

val whiteballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:0>;
val orangeballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:1>;
val magentaballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:2>;
val lblueballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:3>;
val yellowballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:4>;
val limeballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:5>;
val pinkballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:6>;
val grayballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:7>;
val lgrayballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:8>;
val cyanballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:9>;
val purpleballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:10>;
val blueballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:11>;
val brownballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:12>;
val greenballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:13>;
val redballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:14>;
val blackballoon = <ArchimedesShips:balloon:15>;

recipes.remove(whiteballoon);
recipes.remove(orangeballoon);
recipes.remove(magentaballoon);
recipes.remove(lblueballoon);
recipes.remove(yellowballoon);
recipes.remove(limeballoon);
recipes.remove(pinkballoon);
recipes.remove(grayballoon);
recipes.remove(lgrayballoon);
recipes.remove(cyanballoon);
recipes.remove(purpleballoon);
recipes.remove(blueballoon);
recipes.remove(brownballoon);
recipes.remove(greenballoon);
recipes.remove(redballoon);
recipes.remove(blackballoon);

mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(whiteballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.white>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.white> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(orangeballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.orange>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.orange> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(magentaballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.magenta>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.magenta> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(lblueballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.light_blue>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.light_blue> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(yellowballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.yellow>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.yellow> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(limeballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.lime>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.lime> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(pinkballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.pink>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.pink> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(grayballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.gray>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.gray> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(lgrayballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.silver>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.silver> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(cyanballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.cyan>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.cyan>*200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(purpleballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.purple>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.purple>*200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(blueballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.blue>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.blue>*200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(brownballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.brown>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.brown>*200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(greenballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.green>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.green> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(redballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.red>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.red>*200, 0, false, 0, true, true);
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(blackballoon , <liquid:liquid_dye.black>*200, <ArchimedesShips:balloon:*>, <liquid:liquid_dye.black> *200, 0, false, 0, true, true);

notes on changes
A few of the recipes is for junk that you sieve. The pots, brushes, arrowheads, and teapots are useless. pots, cause clay. Brushes cause string can be hard to obtain. Arrow heads because they can only be used with the arrows for the crossbow and long bow. teapots cause they are useless and basalt bricks you need for a couple of recipes.

the poniards are not useless until you get stacks of em or get past bronze in which they are useless, the bronze you get from crushing them is only mostly useless. Takes 5 crushed poniards and fuel to melt them down to make an ingot.

I after testing I would not using the sc2 steamjet as it can under certain situations allow infinite flight.

The armor editor I had to make shapeless to work.

I would allow that because the steam wings and parachute are life savers and the slime on your boots is horrible. Better off with any boot with feather falling 1 and even then falling more than 20 blocks, you better A hope you don't have any damage and B aren't going to be attacked any time soon. If you have regen potion you might be able to get back into the fight in about 4 minutes.

The skates even with the expensive recipe I've made for them are op, IMO.

Emergency water tank is op. Emergency water stops fire from doing more than 1 tick, combined with fire resistance and anything that only does fire damage is laughable. Nether still wasn't laughable.

The wooden posts helped out a lot as sc2 wires are buggy, and you really do need wires before getting into magnicraft.

Concrete is the ONLY use for slag. It's a cheap mid/late game building material that is as quick to deconstruct as it is to construct. Plus looks good for airship runways.

Was going to make scripts for breaking up higher tier emeralds into lower tier so that they have a use. Was also going to make scripts for combining and combining coins but way too many combinations and I don't exactly know how all of them convert.

something I wanted to add
Growing melons in a barrel instead of a box like they do in japan.

Takes a bucket of water per melon, sealed for two weeks.
mods.tfptweaks.Barrel.addItemFluidConversion(<minecraft:melon>*4 , <liquid:freshwater>*1000, <minecraft:melon_seeds>, <liquid:freshwater> *1000, 0, true, 288, true, true);

if you want to change amounts.
//OutputStack, OutputFluid(in mb), InputStack, InputFluid(in mb), MinTechLevel (Default: 1), Sealed (Default: true), SealedTime (Default: 8), RemoveLiquid (Default: true), AllowAnyStack (Default: true)

I use this as a guide along with the other scripts and list of all the liquids in the game. Telpin from the TFC forum is also very helpful, especially if you find out horses don't spawn.

Last edited:
X

Xenomy

hey anyone know why i get these errors?

launch without admin : http://prntscr.com/b6qc78
launch with admin : "unable to access jarfile nogui"

any other FTB server download works flawlessly, exept this one, the only one i truly wanna play

Last edited:

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
hey anyone know why i get these errors?

launch without admin : http://prntscr.com/b6qc78
launch with admin : "unable to access jarfile nogui"

any other FTB server download works flawlessly, exept this one, the only one i truly wanna play

Do you have FTB and its modpacks installed under C:\Program Files?

I ask because Windows does some funny things with permissions in that directory. Better to install them in a different location if that's the case. I personally install them on a separate hard drive.

X

Xenomy

Do you have FTB and its modpacks installed under C:\Program Files?

I ask because Windows does some funny things with permissions in that directory. Better to install them in a different location if that's the case. I personally install them on a separate hard drive.

i tried installing everything on my second harddrive, still the same errors :/

L

linkman43

Quick question when creating a forge server, do I need to change any server properties? Currently running the java executable with forge creates a vanilla server instead of a TFP server.

*edit* Nevermind, I just pulled the library directory and forge files from my SimplyMagic server and worked with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

Spewny Bard

Jul 29, 2019
How in the world do I get this server install to work?
I tried using the forge install, reading eula and then running?
I'm not really sure what I'm not doing right. I feel like it's missing some stuff?

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Is the console complaining about missing libraries? I found that I had to run the forge installer jar locally on my desktop, then copy over the Forge*-universal.jar file and the libraries directory over to my server.

Mind you, I'm running my server on a headless Linux system, so I wasn't able to run the forge installer on it. The installer definitely wants a GUI present.

C

Cralis

Spewny Bard, I posted a half dozen posts about making the dedicated server earlier in this topic. I'd recommend you go back and read them.

But essentially, you need to run the install to install forge, change the config file to point to the correct forge. change the EULA to eula=true, then change the server.properties to reflect the values that you want (server name, motd, server key, etc.)

THEN you can run it.

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, the TFCTech update came out after I the posted TFP 2.0 update. It will be in going into 2.0.1, but it could be a week or two before I am able to get it released.

Hey OneWolfe,

Thanks a lot for releasing this pack. I'm getting a huge amount of enjoyment out of it, and I'm finding that the quests are a great motivator for me to explore different technologies that I might otherwise skip. And I have been running this pack on a server for about a month and I've never had a server crash, so I want to congratulate you on doing such a great job producing such a stable pack.

Quick question for you: Will 2.0.1 be backward-compatible with worlds generated on 1.0.99? Are there any problems that you can foresee?

Thanks again,
Tat45

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question for you: Will 2.0.1 be backward-compatible with worlds generated on 1.0.99? Are there any problems that you can foresee?
Tat45

Generally the Answer is "Yes, Of Course :D" But if I have to change something in Roguelike Dungeons, Streams is updated, New ores are added, or anything else changes the world generation you wont see the new stuff until new chunks are loaded. Nothing I plan to change in the near future should break any existing maps. And I always test everything on the Tuesday Live Streams before posting the changes to FTB.

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
Generally the Answer is "Yes, Of Course :D" But if I have to change something in Roguelike Dungeons, Streams is updated, New ores are added, or anything else changes the world generation you wont see the new stuff until new chunks are loaded. Nothing I plan to change in the near future should break any existing maps. And I always test everything on the Tuesday Live Streams before posting the changes to FTB.

You are awesome, sir. Thanks again for all your hard work on such a great pack. I'm unashamed to say that I am an addict.