[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

I

Ironfistt

does anyone know how to start a server becuase i keep getting a error with forge jar. it is version 1.0.99

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you're not on a headless Linux server, try installing Forge via the accompanying jar file, then edit the config.txt file in the same directory to reflect the version of Forge.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you're on a headless Linux server, then. I assume you're renting a server?

I

Ironfistt

no this is from my computer also this my first time trying to start a server.

I

Ironfistt

The guy that was running the server was renting the server.But he would not update it so i'm trying to get it going.

K

kiomadoushi

So I'm getting a weird render problem in my SSP world. I also have a server for SMP with friends, but I don't get the problems there. I don't know what's causing it, but occasionally enemy models show up on my head upside-down, like the minotaur punks, witches, and skeletons. Sometimes instead, my limbs and torso move out of place, such as when swimming, putting my arms and legs vertical but my torso and head horizontal, or my torso will be rotated sideways, my head will be upside-down, and my one arm is floating off in the air beside my other. I've tried googling the bug too, and the only thing I've found is removing Optifine, except this pack doesn't have it, so I'm at a loss.

I'd call it a minor bug - I mean, it's still playable, usually - except there are times where it's just absolutely blinding, where I can't see anything outside the body spawning on my head, and it's really getting annoying. I don't have any additional mods added to the pack, and I've already tried removing both fastcraft and hats in case they were causing it (I've heard both of them can cause render issues because they change vanilla rendering). Does anybody know what other mods could be causing this bug?

Reactions: OneWolfe
C

Cralis

kiomadoushi, I have no idea what's up with that. You might try removing BetterFoliage as that has a large number of graphical changes. The only other ones I can think of would be to try removing Hats or SmartRender (and SmartMoving they go together...I don't remember if PlayerAPI is also part of that mod) and see if that changes it.

Failing that, the only other thing you can do is make a backup and then start removing mods one at a time and running the game. If you remove a mod and suddenly it's working, then please come back and tell us which mod it was!

The only other thing I can think is that it may be something with your video or RAM settings. Maybe you aren't using enough RAM? What version of Java? What is your video card and video settings? It could be any of those things as well.

Sorry I can't give you a definite answer, but maybe this will help you down to the track towards finding the issue. Once you figure out what it is, we can help you figure out the best solution...

C

Cralis

FIXED HQM on the dedicated server!

Turns out the old download had the old quest files. I copied the new ones (from my FTB 1.0.99 directory /config/hqm ) into the same config directory (yes, overwrite the old files) on the server and the quest book works again.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
What weapons and armor does everyone use. A troll two shots me in bluesteel armor so I'm been using the TFC bow, but it takes for ever to fire and only useful with distance between you and the target.

K

kiomadoushi

kiomadoushi, I have no idea what's up with that. You might try removing BetterFoliage as that has a large number of graphical changes. The only other ones I can think of would be to try removing Hats or SmartRender (and SmartMoving they go together...I don't remember if PlayerAPI is also part of that mod) and see if that changes it.

Failing that, the only other thing you can do is make a backup and then start removing mods one at a time and running the game. If you remove a mod and suddenly it's working, then please come back and tell us which mod it was!

The only other thing I can think is that it may be something with your video or RAM settings. Maybe you aren't using enough RAM? What version of Java? What is your video card and video settings? It could be any of those things as well.

Sorry I can't give you a definite answer, but maybe this will help you down to the track towards finding the issue. Once you figure out what it is, we can help you figure out the best solution...

Win 8.1 (64 bit)
8192 MB RAM (4GB dedicated via FTB launcher)
intel i7 8-core @2.80 GHz
GTX 970M / intel HD graphics 4600 (optimus, don't know if minecraft actually uses the nvidia gpu)
Java 8 (update 91)

I mean, it MIGHT be my specs, so here they are. I just really think it's a mod conflicting with another, as google says this is known to happen with Optifine conflicting with forge mods that alter render code. I'll check betterfoliage and *sadface* smartrender/smartmoving, and see if they're the cause.

edit: 64-bit java, not 32

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I took a stab at finding the offending mod causing the tick rate issue when no one's logged onto the server... and I give up. It's a bit problematic removing a mod, starting the server, start the client, advance time, log off, wait, log on, and see if the time has gone backwards or stayed constant.

Tried fiddling with the tick rate in the TFCConfig file, and got nowhere. Disabling it entirely seems to make time flow normally, as if players were logged in. Anything else, and time flows backwards. Didn't try a negative value, though... hmmmm...

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I took a stab at finding the offending mod causing the tick rate issue when no one's logged onto the server... and I give up. It's a bit problematic removing a mod, starting the server, start the client, advance time, log off, wait, log on, and see if the time has gone backwards or stayed constant.

Tried fiddling with the tick rate in the TFCConfig file, and got nowhere. Disabling it entirely seems to make time flow normally, as if players were logged in. Anything else, and time flows backwards. Didn't try a negative value, though... hmmmm...
This may fix your time issue
http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/229487-suspended-server

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Nah... I quoted another thread that said TerraMisc (iirc) had caused a similar issue in an earlier version. Removing that mod from TFP did not resolve it, implying there's another mod that is causing it.

TFC has support for suspending the server already, and it has worked fine in other modpacks I've used, so I have no need for another to do the same. I fear the would just complicate the situation.

Mystara

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to know if the Hats mod was required to play this? Can I safely disable this mod without breaking the quests?

It's the only mod in the list I don't care for. I've never liked spiders and cows running around wearing hats, especially when immersion is a factor.

C

Cralis

Hats is not normally a required mod... OneWolfe? Did you use it for quests or recipes or something?

C

ColdComfort

Hey OneWolfe,

What was your intention with the Steamcraft 2 mod? A lot of the stuff in it seems cheaper and/or more powerful than the Flaxbeard equivalent, but many of the recipes don't work. Is this by design, or have they just not been adjusted yet?

People seem to be really enjoying the mod so far! Got a lot of airships on the server now. (A word of warning regarding airships: Minecraft will crash if you use the Ship's Helm while wearing Flaxbeard's Exo Armor. Take it off, and it's fine.)

As for the hats mod, the only issue I can see with removing it is that it will cause a mod mismatch if you try to join a server. Other than that, I think it's purely aesthetic.

Mystara

Jul 29, 2019
Open your configs, and in hats, there's a setting for random mobs spawning with hats. Set that to 0 and you'll never see any hats.
Thank you for this, I like this as an alternative.

Hey OneWolfe,

-snip-

As for the hats mod, the only issue I can see with removing it is that it will cause a mod mismatch if you try to join a server. Other than that, I think it's purely aesthetic.

I normally run local servers that I play on with family. so as long as I configure everyone's client the same, I should be okay.

Thank you.