[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

O

Obuw

You can get vanilla planks by using the uncrafting table, that's how I got em. Probably unintended though. :p

G

Greasy

I am currently working on a solution for this. Feel free to test the Minions in creative for now if you wish. Just let me know what you find out :D
We ended up just cheating in the altar. D: Currently having a difficult time getting vanilla bone meal for needles. Is it intentional that TFC bonemeal can't be used for this recipe?

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I have some fast suggestions to make about this awesome modpack. I got really addicted to it. And luckily i played TFC some while ago to know how a lot of things.

1.) Consider making a quest, that explains the setup of a pit kin
2.) Consider a quest for a forge, too
3.) Please create a quest for a stone anvil

I was very lucky to find a brewingstation from a rewardbag! So i managed to get my hands on a netherward located in a blaze spawning area, just so realize, that after growing some on 3 soulsand, normal glass bottles cannot be filled with water, and that TFC waterfilled bottles won't go into the brewingstation. That was a very, very frustrating season :(
Will there be alchemy in this pack? What about some magic (very, very late in game)?
Just craft the empty bottle and it'll turn vanilla. Potions are limited to what you can find and quest rewards.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the 1.0.98 version with that bottles. Vanilla bottles couldn't take TFC freshwater there. So i tried filling them up at TFC barrels, which filled them, but turned the bottles TFC
- with the vanilla bottles i can now (1.0.99) use it on freshwater and use the brewingstation :D

O

Obuw

Currently having a difficult time getting vanilla bone meal for needles. Is it intentional that TFC bonemeal can't be used for this recipe?

That's weird, I had no trouble crafting the needles in .97.

A

Aerion Snowpaw

Ran into an annoying graphical glitch, which became a much worse one when I tried to fix it myself, so now I'm hoping someone knows what causes it and how to fix it.
Essentially, after a lot of playtime and updating to the latest update (Not immediately after, or I'd be sure it was the update, but maybe an hour or two. And I'm sorry, but I'm a bit uncertain what it used to be - might be .96, but it's definitively before .99, and I think before .98 too), suddenly my skin (or player model, whatever you wanna call it) started turning upside down, covering my view in black rectangles, whenever I looked in a particular direction.
The only thing I've 'messed with' was accidentally including Back Tools (but that gave me errors and I immediately removed it, and that was some time before the glitch) and changing the settings of the TFC config (specifically making torches infinite, slowing decay, slowing tree-growth, making plants no longer die of old age, and speeding up objects heating up. Nothing that should change or mess with the rest of the game)
I tried going back to an earlier version again, but it persisted.
And when I tried deleting my Player Data, for a while it looked like nothing had changed, but I was distracted IRL (EDIT: I mean, I still watched the screen, I just mean I left the avatar standing still rather than quitting in defeat) and after 15-30 seconds suddenly the glitched model disappeared.
And so did most of my UI; No NEI, none of the buttons on the side of the inventory, and while the hotbar is visible outside of the inventory, when entering it the bar dissapears too.
I'll try to find a way to keep my base in a fresh install, which should be doable, and if I don't have a proper response then (or if I do and you indicate you do want more info) I'll let you know if I reproduce it.
But this was several hours into a playthrough, and I was in the wild (so, not near any potentially-glitched advanced machines), so I've no idea if I'd be likely to run into it in the near future.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into an annoying graphical glitch, which became a much worse one when I tried to fix it myself, so now I'm hoping someone knows what causes it and how to fix it.
Essentially, after a lot of playtime and updating to the latest update (Not immediately after, or I'd be sure it was the update, but maybe an hour or two. And I'm sorry, but I'm a bit uncertain what it used to be - might be .96, but it's definitively before .99, and I think before .98 too), suddenly my skin (or player model, whatever you wanna call it) started turning upside down, covering my view in black rectangles, whenever I looked in a particular direction.
The only thing I've 'messed with' was accidentally including Back Tools (but that gave me errors and I immediately removed it, and that was some time before the glitch) and changing the settings of the TFC config (specifically making torches infinite, slowing decay, slowing tree-growth, making plants no longer die of old age, and speeding up objects heating up. Nothing that should change or mess with the rest of the game)
I tried going back to an earlier version again, but it persisted.
And when I tried deleting my Player Data, for a while it looked like nothing had changed, but I was distracted IRL (EDIT: I mean, I still watched the screen, I just mean I left the avatar standing still rather than quitting in defeat) and after 15-30 seconds suddenly the glitched model disappeared.
And so did most of my UI; No NEI, none of the buttons on the side of the inventory, and while the hotbar is visible outside of the inventory, when entering it the bar dissapears too.
I'll try to find a way to keep my base in a fresh install, which should be doable, and if I don't have a proper response then (or if I do and you indicate you do want more info) I'll let you know if I reproduce it.
But this was several hours into a playthrough, and I was in the wild (so, not near any potentially-glitched advanced machines), so I've no idea if I'd be likely to run into it in the near future.

That does sound a lot like the errors caused by Back Tools.

A

AlexanderDario

maybe was already asked but I have a question: Inventory Tweaks for sorting chests doesn't work with TF chests? I'm missing the buttons for it...

BTW this pack is amazing!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
maybe was already asked but I have a question: Inventory Tweaks for sorting chests doesn't work with TF chests? I'm missing the buttons for it...

BTW this pack is amazing!

Yes this is quite possible. I do not know of any quick and easy way to allow them to work together. Might possible ask around the TFC forums to see if anyone knows anything. I thought there was a thread posted for Inventory Tweaks at one point. It is not really a priority on my list since it seems to be working fine for player inventories, so I doubt I will be looking into this issue anytime soon.

Thank you, I am glad your enjoying it :D

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Having not played TerraFirmaCraft in any way before trying out this pack, I have a question. I made three or four worlds and every time, I could not find any surface stones which I believe I need to progress and get started. I've seen people complaining they couldn't find the right kind, but not that they couldn't find any. I found plenty of sticks lying around though. Is this some super bad luck or am I missing something?

G

Greasy

Yes this is quite possible. I do not know of any quick and easy way to allow them to work together. Might possible ask around the TFC forums to see if anyone knows anything. I thought there was a thread posted for Inventory Tweaks at one point. It is not really a priority on my list since it seems to be working fine for player inventories, so I doubt I will be looking into this issue anytime soon.

Thank you, I am glad your enjoying it :D
You have to enable middle clicking in the inventory tweaks controls. Then middle click in the chest inventory.

D

dasweriko

There's some problems with checking updates for mod Bibliocraft. It cant access to update site sometimes and world stucks in loading for long time. I wish you to disable all update checks for all mods in this pack.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
There's some problems with checking updates for mod Bibliocraft. It cant access to update site sometimes and world stucks in loading for long time. I wish you to disable all update checks for all mods in this pack.

Didn't know this was a problem, and don't know if there is an 'EASY' button to turn off everything in every single mod :p

C

Cralis

Dedicated server report:

* Still does not have the universal for forge and does not automatically use the installer. Therefore, you have to know that you have to run it yourself and have it put forge into the same directory your running the installer from.

* Still does not download the libraries.

* Server is still using [1.7.10]TFCTech-0.2.1-A6 and TerraFirmaPunkTweaks-1.7.10.1.12 and bspkrsCore-universal-6.15

(instead of TFCTech-0.2.3-A8 and TerraFirmaPunkTweaks-1.7.10.1.13b and bspkrsCore-universal-6.16)

So after copying all the necessary stuff, running it, copying the correct TFCTech into the directory, and then copying my world directory and associated server.properties file... it works!

EDIT: Um. Sorta. Opening the hardcore quest book seems to have locked up Minecraft. Trying it in a fresh world.

O

Obuw

What's everyone's favorite way to negate fall damage?

I'd like to know this too. At this point the majority of damage I take is fall damage, and falling just a tiny bit over the threshold can take off like 250-300 health, even with the slime upgrade on the FSB exosuit boots supposedly reducing it.

The wings / wingpack from steamcraft does negate fall damage, but it's slower than the exosuit, and the other exosuit stuff like longer reach is also super handy.

C

Cralis

What's everyone's favorite way to negate fall damage?

Not jump off high cliffs? Seriously. Don't jump. Go around. Find another way. Or just don't go that way. I rarely, if ever, take any fall damage. Usually it's because some inconsiderate zombtard threw me off or some skelehole shot me off the side when when they (rarely) sneak up on me.

Once I get the pick, I can usually just cut a path down the side of a cliff. Then I'm just back to the zombtard and skelehole problem.

Last edited:
D

dasweriko

Didn't know this was a problem, and don't know if there is an 'EASY' button to turn off everything in every single mod :p
Usually mods have config option to disable their update checks. For me, I resolve this problem for bibliocraft.

Another question, why mod developer inserted this checks at the world loading, and this process can block whole world loading process for long time while it trying to access to the site. But this is offtopic.