[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
I came over from Technofirma, so I'm used to using axes to chop trees down, thankfully. Never considered them as offensive weapons, though. Used to the sapling drops, too, though they got nixed in later versions.

I've been sure to grab every sapling I can, now... Starting off on an island with a plains biome. Just a few willow trees in one corner, and the saplings included in the quest rewards.

I did get a surprise when the first Ent dropped down out of the leaves...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

C

Cralis

OneWolfe: my apologies, I'm really pressed for time so I don't think I should commit to trying to make a list for you. It's too bad you can't get some sort of bug board or something working that people can submit bugs for you.

OneWolfe said:
Because I cant change the Sluice

Can you disable all the items that you don't want to add? I know the answer is probably "not immediately", but I'm thinking that eventually when you get to polishing the mod pack you'll want to disable the recipes to items that players won't use, or shouldn't use. Especially those that give items you don't want them to have (like seeds to vanilla trees), or just don't want to take the time to fully mod to give items you do want them to have...

[URL='http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/theluckyone17.46751/']theluckyone17[/URL] said:
The amount of mobs that spawn during the night and yet are invulnerable to the sun are killing me. Literally. I've gotten around some of them in the early game by digging a second and third entrance in my little hiding hole under the clay, then running like a chicken with its head cut off once daylight hits, just far enough to make them despawn... but this is getting old. Goblin knights are especially heinous. Any suggestions?

Actually, I found a little island about 50 meters off the shore, that is about 15x15 meters in size. That way as long as I'm on the island, I'm too close for anything to spawn. Of course, that's not perfect (I have had some of the more esoteric mobs spawn), but most don't. But of course, the forest on the shore line spawns all sorts of nasties when I swim back to go exploring so it's all relative.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I just went to log on and found that my server crashed this morning. Memory leak maybe?

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// My bad.

Time: 4/25/16 6:46 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_91, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 5704 bytes (0 MB) / 2075918336 bytes (1979 MB) up to 2075918336 bytes (1979 MB)
JVM Flags: 9 total; -Xms512m -Xmx2048M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 17
FML: ~~ERROR~~ OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
OpenModsLib class transformers: [stencil_patches:ENABLED],[movement_callback:ENABLED],[map_gen_fix:FINISHED],[gl_capabilities_hook:ENABLED],[player_render_hook:ENABLED]
Class transformer null safety: all safe
TFC-Tweaks: PLEASE TRY TO START THE GAME AT LEAST TWICE. The load order modifications we do only kick in after a reload.
TFC-Tweaks-ASM: FluidContainerRegistryCT: 3 / 3; FluidRegistryCT: 6 / 6
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 0 / 8; []
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

lazybone92

Jul 29, 2019
How do you change the TFC Additions textures? I currently will not play if i can see through the whole world. Also it causes lag every block update as it switches to invisible and back over and over.

Update: Seems dynamic lights is the culprit. Toggle them off in game and invisible blocks will go away next block update.

Last edited:
C

Cralis

Oh and those trees that had 6 and 8 days left? I had to restart the server and now they have 9 and 11 days left to grow. Something is seriously not right here...

Oh and I found default minecraft seeds and planted them. They grow carrots and potatoes... that I can't eat. Whaaaat?

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Now that helped, immensely. Had flashbacks of playing Diablo, and I may just wear out my mouse, but it worked out well. I've gotten the chance ot make a copper sword, and it makes short work of any spiders that spawned overnight as well. Darn near ran out of sticks... it started raining at dawn, so the zombies never got a chance to burn off. Picked up quite a bit of loot, as well as enough quarter hearts to get another life back.

I did make a bunch of knives... next time, I'll try axes.

I used 2 blocks high walls to defend during the first days. But steampowered zombies can jump over them. On the other hand it was very easy to expand from there, claiming more and more land in the process.

Then i dug out a stairlike entrance to my stone / hopefull oremine ... how naive i was to think i could find usefull minerals. But the staircase turned out to be a real good droptrap for all those zombies. most of them get pushed in from their friends. Others just get punched. I found a lot of rewardbags, armor and tools, and got some experience too.
I strongly suggest mobtraps ;)

Last edited:

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I have some fast suggestions to make about this awesome modpack. I got really addicted to it. And luckily i played TFC some while ago to know how a lot of things.

1.) Consider making a quest, that explains the setup of a pit kin
2.) Consider a quest for a forge, too
3.) Please create a quest for a stone anvil

I was very lucky to find a brewingstation from a rewardbag! So i managed to get my hands on a netherward located in a blaze spawning area, just so realize, that after growing some on 3 soulsand, normal glass bottles cannot be filled with water, and that TFC waterfilled bottles won't go into the brewingstation. That was a very, very frustrating season :(
Will there be alchemy in this pack? What about some magic (very, very late in game)?

C

ColdComfort

Hey OneWolfe, is it possible to craft any fluid pipes in this pack? I'm trying to move steam from Railcraft to FSP, but the IE pipes don't seem to play nicely with the FSB pressure converter, but the BC pipes do. Is it possible to craft the pipe structure at all?

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Also i noticed that sheep don't regrowth their wool if located in a plains biome with dry grass ... intended?
And since the type and spread of grass is controlled by the biom, do i have any chance of getting grass in there, so that the animals can feed?

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
Could you please add the serverfiles in the next update so I can download them. Honestly I am not able to set up my own server with my client files! I would really appreciate that!

iamamitten

Jul 29, 2019
TFC sheep (and yales!) should regrow their wool from eating vanilla grass (at least, they do for me) so get into that Ex Nihilo!

M

MidnightRein

Now that helped, immensely. Had flashbacks of playing Diablo, and I may just wear out my mouse, but it worked out well. I've gotten the chance ot make a copper sword, and it makes short work of any spiders that spawned overnight as well. Darn near ran out of sticks... it started raining at dawn, so the zombies never got a chance to burn off. Picked up quite a bit of loot, as well as enough quarter hearts to get another life back.

I did make a bunch of knives... next time, I'll try axes.

Something else that might help you out a bit is using a thatch wall either in front of your main base door or a tunnel of thatch out to a safer battle ground like a pond, since things like the Minotaur Punks can't charge at you in the water, and mobs are much slower in water at anyrate. If you don't have a water source near you, the thatch will at least give you a few more blocks before they aggro to you.

O

Obuw

@juggerv, I could fill vanilla bottles with water no problem. Were you trying with fresh water or salt water? If that doesn't work, Maybe try filling them from a barrel? I've brewed many strength potions so it definitely works. At least on .97.

@ColdComfort, I've been using the pipes from the other mod, um, can't recall which one, the recipe requires 6 iron for 8 pipes. They work fine for liquid transport, just need a wrench to switch them to pull mode.

Ideally you'll eventually need a bc pipe anyway so you can turn it off with a redstone signal when the FSP tanks are getting full.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
You have all been asking for it! Now here it is!

This weeks Change Log and a bit more:
Mods Added: Autorun, Logistics Pipes, Shurgent's TFCTech, TerraFirmaStuff, AnimaCrates, Storage Drawers

Shurgent's TFCTech adds:
Transportation and Fluid Pipes that better interact with TFC Storage Containers
Electrum, Constantan, and Aluminum alloys to the TFC smelting and crafting system
Rubber Trees (Hevea) and a new system for collecting rubber
Bauxite ores (Found in Igneous Intrusive Rocks)
Castable Gears for BuildCraft Machines

TerraFirmaStuff adds:
Hardened Clay Blocks that can be dyed and then Chiseled like other TFC blocks

AnimalCrates adds:
Storage Boxes for easy Animal Storage and Transport

Changes:
Created a system where TFC ores can be ground into dust and powders by Tier 3 machines providing a small percentage of ore doubling
Added OpenBlocks Trophies to mob drops
Blood now craftable in the Squeezer and packaged in the Bottler
Integrated Logistics Pipes recipes through the BC Assembly Table and Thermionic Fabricator
Add Maze Slime back into the Spawn List
Added ore drops to Mountain Troll, Belph, Manticore, and Pinky
Aluminum now requires a more realistic, Electrolysis method, to produce making it effectively a Tier 8 metal
Adjusted costs of IE machines in order to reduce the number of recipes using Cog's Mechanical Board
Added TFC Alcohol brewing to IE Fermenter and added alcohols to the BioFuel recipe
Added TFC seeds to the IE Industrial Squeezer for the production of PlantOil
Removed all Plate Recipes using the IE hammer, all plates and sheets should require at least 2 ingots, unless crafted in the Metal Press
Added new molds and recipes to the IE Metal Press
Changed Industrial Hemp to Industrial Jute Fiber and added a recipe to craft the fibers in a TFC barrel
Snow Blocks now require 6 snowballs instead of 4
Random names added to Whales and the small green twilight forest spiders
Changed Archimedes Steam Engine and Helm recipes
Changed Forestry Sturdy and Hardened casing names to Sturdy Gearbox and Advanced Gearbox
Added an Electronic Gearbox using various Electron Tubes (No uses yet)
Added Bee Hives to Reward Bags
Added TFC food rewards to early survivalists quests (May still be bugged)

Fixes:
Fixed a bug with RLD where all chests were filled with the lowest Tier loot
Fixed bug with SteamCraft 2 cast iron
Fixed Wooden Cog Recipe
Fixed Golden Gear and Tin Gear recipes
Fixed Bottler Recipe
Fixed IE Skyhook recipe
Fixed various Steamcraft2 recipes
Fixed some HQM quests and rewards
Fixed various minor bugs

Alot more may have been changed or added in the last month but I never wrote it down or may have forgotten.

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack mate, deliciously brutal ^^ About to try to fortify my little starter hut so that I don't get murdered by trolls every time the sun rises ;) Success = progression, failure =... well, hopefully entertaining video at least ^^

Can I just clarify, since I'm running rapidly out of lives... are there biomes where stuff like trolls don't spawn? I was messing around in creative and couldn't get twilight forest mobs to spawn, and yet the area I'm living in is lousy with them.

Reactions: OneWolfe
O

Obuw

I've only seen trolls in hill / mountain biomes. None in plains, or the beach / ocean that I've settled in. Mostly zombies, goblins and some of those crabs.

G

Greasy

We've run into a little problem. We're unable to craft the necromancy altar because we can't obtain vanilla planks. Has anyone circumvented this?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
We've run into a little problem. We're unable to craft the necromancy altar because we can't obtain vanilla planks. Has anyone circumvented this?

I am currently working on a solution for this. Feel free to test the Minions in creative for now if you wish. Just let me know what you find out :D