[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I can't make the brass armor in the anvil with the tank. It appears as if you need the double sheet to appear first in the recipe to make it work.

Last edited:
O

Obuw

Um, about sieving dirt and gravel, I'm on .97 and I can sieve all kinds of dirt, sand and gravel no problem?

About that acorn => vanilla oak, you might want to keep a few blocks of that around for obscure recipes. Like I needed some vanilla oak wood for crafting the quest delivery block so I could start voiding creosote. :p Ended up using the uncrafting table to get some vanilla planks.

C

Cralis

Yes, none of the dirt works in the sieve, NEI is pretty obvious about that :p I just never thought of anything worth putting in them. And no, seeds are not worth putting into the sieve. This isnt a skyblock pack, and there are already dozens of ways to get seeds other than picking them up off the ground.

So then... why did you add Ex Nihilo?

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I download the server? In ftb is no server download file, so how can I make a server, because I'm really interested in the pack and would like to play it with friends!

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
The amount of mobs that spawn during the night and yet are invulnerable to the sun are killing me. Literally. I've gotten around some of them in the early game by digging a second and third entrance in my little hiding hole under the clay, then running like a chicken with its head cut off once daylight hits, just far enough to make them despawn... but this is getting old. Goblin knights are especially heinous. Any suggestions?

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneFusion

Jul 29, 2019
First, I want to say thank you to OneWolfe for an incredible modpack that has reinvigorated my love of Minecraft in new and fun ways. I've setup a home server on Ubuntu, and it is working quite well running well below the 6GB of RAM I've given it. We currently run 4 players on the same server with no major issues, so that is a major kudos to OneWolfe and all the work he's put in to make this modpack work as well as it does considering how incompatible most of the mods are "out of the box".

Second, I'm sure this has been covered, but I did a bunch of searching (both here and on the TFC forum thread) and came up empty. I read somewhere (Lord only knows where exactly) the Smart Moving mod has a nasty tendency to mess up rope ladders. Do rope ladders not work in 1.0.97? That's the version we are using until .99 populates with a Download Server option in the FTB Launcher.

Third, I'm really looking forward to .99 for the cogwheels fix!

OneFusion

Jul 29, 2019
The amount of mobs that spawn during the night and yet are invulnerable to the sun are killing me. Literally. I've gotten around some of them in the early game by digging a second and third entrance in my little hiding hole under the clay, then running like a chicken with its head cut off once daylight hits, just far enough to make them despawn... but this is getting old. Goblin knights are especially heinous. Any suggestions?

Make a small hut above your hidey hole, with a door. Open the door before nighttime and put a single dirt block on the outside right in front of the door. Then, at night, smash enemies slowly but surely. It will take a while, but it will work. Just be careful. If you don't have a saw yet, you can accomplish the same method by creating a door opening (two block tall opening), and then adding the blocks in front of the opening.

With both of the above methods, you will want to keep a log or two in your hotbar in case of single block entities -- such as the lower goblin knights.

During the day, get stoned. No really, get stones off the ground. Make a stone axe or stone hammer by doing the knapping thing. Use those weapons to kill the baddies. It isn't quick. It isn't easy. But over time, you get more and more proficient, and you give yourself time and space to operate in the mornings without having to run immediately for cover!

Good luck! You got this!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
First, I want to say thank you to OneWolfe for an incredible modpack that has reinvigorated my love of Minecraft in new and fun ways. I've setup a home server on Ubuntu, and it is working quite well running well below the 6GB of RAM I've given it. We currently run 4 players on the same server with no major issues, so that is a major kudos to OneWolfe and all the work he's put in to make this modpack work as well as it does considering how incompatible most of the mods are "out of the box".

Second, I'm sure this has been covered, but I did a bunch of searching (both here and on the TFC forum thread) and came up empty. I read somewhere (Lord only knows where exactly) the Smart Moving mod has a nasty tendency to mess up rope ladders. Do rope ladders not work in 1.0.97? That's the version we are using until .99 populates with a Download Server option in the FTB Launcher.

Third, I'm really looking forward to .99 for the cogwheels fix!

Thanks for the awesome comment :D

Smart Moving has a toggle switch. On my machine it is set to F10. I do tend to leave it turned off most of the time. It is strange to me that alot of people are worried about climbing ropes and ladders when Smart Moving actually adds so many more things you can climb ;) But try the toggle switch when you get a chance.

Reactions: theluckyone17

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Make a small hut above your hidey hole, with a door. Open the door before nighttime and put a single dirt block on the outside right in front of the door. Then, at night, smash enemies slowly but surely. It will take a while, but it will work. Just be careful. If you don't have a saw yet, you can accomplish the same method by creating a door opening (two block tall opening), and then adding the blocks in front of the opening.

With both of the above methods, you will want to keep a log or two in your hotbar in case of single block entities -- such as the lower goblin knights.

During the day, get stoned. No really, get stones off the ground. Make a stone axe or stone hammer by doing the knapping thing. Use those weapons to kill the baddies. It isn't quick. It isn't easy. But over time, you get more and more proficient, and you give yourself time and space to operate in the mornings without having to run immediately for cover!

Good luck! You got this!

Ranged weapons from above also work wonders. Some of the super steam powered mobs can hit you from up to 5 blocks in the air you may want to go higher than that.

Also try taking down some of the Black Bronze Armored guys, they will occasionally drop their armor and weapon for an easy boost to your offensive abilities.

Reactions: theluckyone17

OneFusion

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the awesome comment :D

Smart Moving has a toggle switch. On my machine it is set to F10. I do tend to leave it turned off most of the time. It is strange to me that alot of people are worried about climbing ropes and ladders when Smart Moving actually adds so many more things you can climb ;) But try the toggle switch when you get a chance.

You're welcome! It is totally deserved! We've been playing for 2 weeks, and this is the first modpack we've stuck with this long. It takes a lot to find a happy medium for four VERY different people. My Dad plays it with us (he's over 60, hahaha). So yea, really, well done.

And yes, confirmed the toggle for SM fixed the issue. Keep up the good work!

OneFusion

Jul 29, 2019
Ranged weapons from above also work wonders. Some of the super steam powered mobs can hit you from up to 5 blocks in the air you may want to go higher than that.

Also try taking down some of the Black Bronze Armored guys, they will occasionally drop their armor and weapon for an easy boost to your offensive abilities.

This brings up my third method, which is to make your shelter at the top of a tall-ish tree. Your firepit still needs to be on the ground, as will your pit kilns, but the tree-top fort gives you the advantage of height. Make sure to make those torches before the night!

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Is there server files for the mod pack? The button on the launcher is grayed out. Or do I have to make them?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there server files for the mod pack? The button on the launcher is grayed out. Or do I have to make them?

I honestly do not understand why the server button is gone! It seems to only last a few days after an update, then poof!

You just have to use the client files instead. Several people have gone that route already so look around if you need more details and good luck :D

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Make a small hut above your hidey hole, with a door...Good luck! You got this!

Now that helped, immensely. Had flashbacks of playing Diablo, and I may just wear out my mouse, but it worked out well. I've gotten the chance ot make a copper sword, and it makes short work of any spiders that spawned overnight as well. Darn near ran out of sticks... it started raining at dawn, so the zombies never got a chance to burn off. Picked up quite a bit of loot, as well as enough quarter hearts to get another life back.

I did make a bunch of knives... next time, I'll try axes.

OneFusion

Jul 29, 2019
Now that helped, immensely. Had flashbacks of playing Diablo, and I may just wear out my mouse, but it worked out well. I've gotten the chance ot make a copper sword, and it makes short work of any spiders that spawned overnight as well. Darn near ran out of sticks... it started raining at dawn, so the zombies never got a chance to burn off. Picked up quite a bit of loot, as well as enough quarter hearts to get another life back.

I did make a bunch of knives... next time, I'll try axes.

Glad it helped!

I would definitely recommend axes as they do more damage than knives, and offer the dual benefit of chopping down trees more effectively (axe the bottom log of a tree and the whole tree is chopped down). Be wary of chopping trees, as you lose the leaves if you go chopping the wood before clearing the leaves with your fist. Punching leaves w/ your fists = chance for saplings.