[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So. Deer. Where do you find deer? Because I haven't found any at all... unless deer tendons don't come from deer?

What animals are you finding nearby? It is odd that Deer are the only animals that drop tendons.

By the way, most of the bows are broken in that mod and the developer seems highly reluctant to actually add any error checking in his mod at all. The hand held weapons and chain armor are great so I dont want to just remove the entire mod. I might just disabled the bows since there really isnt any difference in damage from the standard TFC bow :p

C

Cralis

What animals are you finding nearby? It is odd that Deer are the only animals that drop tendons.

So far in the animal category I've found sheep, squirrels, and rabbits. The latter two have so far dropped bumpity squat.

By the way, most of the bows are broken in that mod and the developer seems highly reluctant to actually add any error checking in his mod at all. The hand held weapons and chain armor are great so I dont want to just remove the entire mod. I might just disabled the bows since there really isnt any difference in damage from the standard TFC bow :p

I must have missed the mod tag... I thought this was for the TFC bow.

I have just posted a new update to FTB. It may be available on the launcher in a few days.

Oooh. It's already out. Let me see what I can do.

Do you have an official changelog? I don't see one on post #1.

C

Cralis

I simply replaced the three directories (by first removing the old ones) and copied everything else into my dedicated server... and it loads.

However, it appears that the mods are wrong. Specifically:

client (1.0.98) has:
Merchants-1.1.3
TFCTech-0.2.10-A6
TFCUdaryMod-0.2.31
Buildcraft-7.1.16
buldcraft-compat-7.1.4
etc.

server (should be .98) has:
does not have merchants
does not have TFCTech
TFCUdaryMod-0.2.30
buildcraft-7.1.14
buildcraft-compat-7.1.3
etc.

I confirmed this by looking at the dedicated server download directly. And no, I didn't look at everything because I figured you already figured out it's the old dedicated server download :)

I tried just copying the script, mods, and config directory in and that didn't work. I figured that would be the case because the server code would not contain the new stuff. I was right... (based on the classes not found errors)

Is that already uploaded and we are just waiting on it?

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I just updated to the newest version on the ftb launcher and tried to create a new world.... oddly there are no stones spawning on the surface of the world or even in caves... I tried two different times and still nothing except sticks.... is anyone else having this issue?

I took a look at the configs and did not see anything out of the ordinary... reverting to the last version.

**UPDATE** reverting the game back to 1.0.97 allowed surface rocks to spawn again... not sure what is going on with 1.0.98.

Last edited:

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Just a small question: I tried using sluices as in the normal TFC. They don't seem to accept water from world gen.
Waila says, it's TF water -> fresh water

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I just got into the office this morning and thought I would stop by and see how the new update is going. Thanks for all the lovely comments :D

I will be looking into all the issues once I am able to get home.

N

Nappelinis

Can anybody confirm or deny that in the new FTB update for TFP, that is is impossible to mine gravel? None of the tools i tried even show any breaking animation/sound when hitting gravel. Prior version was fine.

T

Torinarg

Gravel mining working for me, however I can't drink from any water pools. Checking to see if I'm doing something stupid.

Update - shutting down MC and re-started fixed the drinking issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

Keeshi

Jul 29, 2019
maybe I'm just being stupid, but I've spawned 3 different worlds, and have found exactly 1 stone to be picked up before the first night happens....

Am I missing something?(yes I'm using the latest version)

L

LunaMyst

the latest update there's no stones spawning as greenowl77 has said up further. I've tried all last night and no luck i went back to 97 and palying there until further notice. Looks like the modpack creator will be checking later :)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
maybe I'm just being stupid, but I've spawned 3 different worlds, and have found exactly 1 stone to be picked up before the first night happens....

Am I missing something?(yes I'm using the latest version)

I remember having something like this happen before in a much older version of the pack. One of the mods was conflicting and making all the stones invisible. I forgot what we did to fix it tho :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
the latest update there's no stones spawning as greenowl77 has said up further. I've tried all last night and no luck i went back to 97 and palying there until further notice. Looks like the modpack creator will be checking later :)

Honestly I am not experiencing any of the issues mentioned today :(
Neither with the terrain generation or user interaction.

Things I can suggest tho:
Make sure you have Java 8
Try Installing Optifine, it makes things run alot smoother for me.
Check your video drivers
Make sure that FTB has allocated enough RAM to Java. This is a very mod heavy pack and will require a large amount of RAM.

And for the very extreme cases try completely deleting FTB and reinstalling.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thank you. I was kinda hoping it was that. I've been going CRAZY lol

I might suggest loading a world in 97, run around for a bit to load in several chunks and then switch to 98. If the rocks are still dissapearing than its probably an ID conflict.

Sometimes block/item ids get mixed up between MAC and PC version.

Not really sure what else to do at this point :(

C

ColdComfort

Hey guys, finally got a public server up and running! (36 hour downtime with CreeperHost on launch :/ Currently running with 3GB RAM and "access to 3 processor cores", which is delightfully ambiguous.)

gloomia.playat.ch

I've increased the player starting lives to 20, for people who are as bad at this modpack as I am. Anyone interested in cooperative play is welcome!

L

LunaMyst

I can get rocks to spanw in fine in 97 but if i try a new world in 98 no rocks