[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Damage with fists is a little wonky, no? doing 200+ damage to unarmored zombies with only fists. 60 damage with axe.

Quick question: Which mobs were you able to hit for 200+ damage? It might help us narrow down the bug :D

Nevermine, I just realized you already said they were unarmored zombies :p

B

Brozoi

It was just in general, with the newest release. I was one hitting anything below 200 health. really ruins the "oh no!" feel to zombie hordes.
Also how meduim size public server friendly is this pack?/will this pack be on the new update?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Also how meduim size public server friendly is this pack?

Its doable, I tried it with a Towny like mod installed about a year ago. But I find that with the seasons and limited resources that are inherent to TFC that there is a lot of fighting over resources. With the resource wars it might be cool to set it up as a PVP server.

Either way the pack should work on a fairly beefy server :D

B

Brozoi

hmm, I know where I can get a pretty studly server. not sure on the PVP, it seems PVP just becomes drama and chat fights after someone dies. kind of hard to moderate.

Is there any interest in a medium sized server for this pack?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, I know where I can get a pretty studly server. not sure on the PVP, it seems PVP just becomes drama and chat fights after someone dies. kind of hard to moderate.

Is there any interest in a medium sized server for this pack?

Yes I get requests to start up the server again fairly often and I can certainly give it a shout out in the weekly live streams.

B

Brozoi

I'd have to speak to the owner of the box, But I know he is looking for more people to host off the server.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I might want to reduce the goblin knights a bit, they still do a lot of damage even with TFC armor. By the way, any of the armor that the mobs drop is pretty much worthless. Once your armor smithing skill is above novice anything you craft yourself will be a lot better than most of the loot and pretty much all of the mob drops. I have not done a great deal of testing of all the custom mob damage and vanilla vs TFC armors but im pretty certain that at the level of damage most TFC mobs do the vanilla stuff might as well be paper. However the only redeeming feature of the Steam Suit is the flying mods you can attach to it.

Eeeemmmm "Terrafirmacraft Steampunk" is the pack headline but the steam armor is almost useless aside from the jetpack?????????????? odd XD

Anyway, my friend was using a hand crafted (novice skill but it seems to add only durability) bronze chest, iron helmet and... tfc drop boots and pants, all with lvl 30 enchantments and received the same amount of dmg as me with the steam armor.

I like the high amount of mobs but if 1 can easily kill u or leave you with 10% hp, it's no fun as u have to get inside to regenerate, which is slow (even with the hot springs). I would put emphasis in the amount more than the dmg of a single mob. Bosses are effectively nerfed as any mob can kill us equally easy :S
A pinch beetle got me right outside the house door and killed me in less than 2 seconds.

Personally, I would reduce mob and player dmg to 1/4 so its harder to kill and get killed. You can stay outside without being 1-hitted, and fight fairly 1 on 1, but since mobs have high hp, if u are greedy and get surrounded u still die.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Eeeemmmm "Terrafirmacraft Steampunk" is the pack headline but the steam armor is almost useless aside from the jetpack?????????????? odd XD

Anyway, my friend was using a hand crafted (novice skill but it seems to add only durability) bronze chest, iron helmet and... tfc drop boots and pants, all with lvl 30 enchantments and received the same amount of dmg as me with the steam armor.

I like the high amount of mobs but if 1 can easily kill u or leave you with 10% hp, it's no fun as u have to get inside to regenerate, which is slow (even with the hot springs). I would put emphasis in the amount more than the dmg of a single mob. Bosses are effectively nerfed as any mob can kill us equally easy :S
A pinch beetle got me right outside the house door and killed me in less than 2 seconds.

Personally, I would reduce mob and player dmg to 1/4 so its harder to kill and get killed. You can stay outside without being 1-hitted, and fight fairly 1 on 1, but since mobs have high hp, if u are greedy and get surrounded u still die.

Thank you for pointing out the issues with broken items, damage and mob stats. These are all issues inherent with building a mod pack with TFC since the damage and HP are scaled so dramatically it makes most of the items in every other mod almost pointless. Now most of those tools are Hardcoded and the stats unchangeable so right now my only other option is to just remove them, but then why have a mod pack in the first place?

I am working on finding ways to make the other modded items more useful but so far its all been a bunch of dead ends :( Just please keep in mind that TFC equipment will always be better in a fight than any of the other stuff.

TerraFirmaPunk is a EXPERT level pack for players who want to get more out of TFC since the default version leaves you little more to strive for once you find that elusive Nicole ore.

Game balance is currently the main focus of my work on the pack right now. I recently threw in a ton of new mobs and a completely new spawning system that allows me to override the normal TFC spawning methods and substitute my own. So now I have 4 different mods that are all competing to control what spawns when and where. This has been a real nightmare for the last two months to configure and get balanced. While at the same time I have OP mobs showing up on the surface, like the Goblin Knights and those dam Pinch Beetles (Yes both of them have killed me repeatedly), as well as boss level mobs that do absolutely no damage at all. These "features" are certainly not there by design, and this is definitely not a pack that I can just drop in any mod and have it work correctly out of the box, especial a mod that adds a pack of new mobs, but I have to tweak and adjust every little aspect of each mod and trust me the Mobs are the most difficult. I really strive to make the game fun and challenging throughout the entire progression, but there are just too many unknowns with mob behavior and features that the original developers added. For example, those pinch beetles, I have configured them to do roughly the same damage as a standard zombie, however if they catch you in their pincers you can die very fast. I think there might be a feature, that is multiplying the damage or giving them 100% crits, that I didn't know about before, so I need to go back and adjust the stats again. Or I could also just leave them as is and only have them spawn deeper in the dungeons and caves.

To sum this up, the pack has really been an on going challenge for me and I do appreciate everyones comments and suggestions and I will continue to keep working on having a better game balance.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, does anyone have any experience getting the Excavator from Immersive Engineering to work with modded ores? Right now I cannot even get it to recognize the TFC ores. I am using ModTweaker to script them as veins but when I go to test the results the thing just sits there :p Oh im adding enough power cuz the wheel turns and it spits out a few loose rocks, but after the initial start, nothing.

Any help on figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for pointing out the issues with broken items, damage and mob stats. These are all issues inherent with building a mod pack with TFC since the damage and HP are scaled so dramatically it makes most of the items in every other mod almost pointless. Now most of those tools are Hardcoded and the stats unchangeable so right now my only other option is to just remove them, but then why have a mod pack in the first place?

I am working on finding ways to make the other modded items more useful but so far its all been a bunch of dead ends :( Just please keep in mind that TFC equipment will always be better in a fight than any of the other stuff.

TerraFirmaPunk is a EXPERT level pack for players who want to get more out of TFC since the default version leaves you little more to strive for once you find that elusive Nicole ore.

Game balance is currently the main focus of my work on the pack right now. I recently threw in a ton of new mobs and a completely new spawning system that allows me to override the normal TFC spawning methods and substitute my own. So now I have 4 different mods that are all competing to control what spawns when and where. This has been a real nightmare for the last two months to configure and get balanced. While at the same time I have OP mobs showing up on the surface, like the Goblin Knights and those dam Pinch Beetles (Yes both of them have killed me repeatedly), as well as boss level mobs that do absolutely no damage at all. These "features" are certainly not there by design, and this is definitely not a pack that I can just drop in any mod and have it work correctly out of the box, especial a mod that adds a pack of new mobs, but I have to tweak and adjust every little aspect of each mod and trust me the Mobs are the most difficult. I really strive to make the game fun and challenging throughout the entire progression, but there are just too many unknowns with mob behavior and features that the original developers added. For example, those pinch beetles, I have configured them to do roughly the same damage as a standard zombie, however if they catch you in their pincers you can die very fast. I think there might be a feature, that is multiplying the damage or giving them 100% crits, that I didn't know about before, so I need to go back and adjust the stats again. Or I could also just leave them as is and only have them spawn deeper in the dungeons and caves.

To sum this up, the pack has really been an on going challenge for me and I do appreciate everyones comments and suggestions and I will continue to keep working on having a better game balance.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-
I for appreciate the work your doing on this pack yes somethings dont seem to make sence. But at least your working hard to figure things out.
I love tfc as is but found it lacked a lot of progression and point.
The flax beard steam for the most part seemed useless but the jet pack is a awesome thing when you get to that point.
Untill air ships come about.
I like someone is making a mod replayable again.
As for mobs and stuff yes they are over powered but I find a lot of that is reconfigurable as I have done to many mobs in game already.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I for appreciate the work your doing on this pack yes somethings dont seem to make sence. But at least your working hard to figure things out.
I love tfc as is but found it lacked a lot of progression and point.
The flax beard steam for the most part seemed useless but the jet pack is a awesome thing when you get to that point.
Untill air ships come about.
I like someone is making a mod replayable again.
As for mobs and stuff yes they are over powered but I find a lot of that is reconfigurable as I have done to many mobs in game already.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sorry if I sound ungrateful at times. I usually read these first thing in the morning when I get to work and im often groggy or grumpy. I probably shouldnt be typing replies at that time of day :p

As for Flaxbeard's, I have been searching for over a year now to try and find a way to make the items and tools actually useful but like I said earlier its all been a smelly bag of dead ends :( Everything is either hard-coded or simply too inflexible to make any difference anyways.

I would love to see the list of mobs that you have tweaked. Any additional details would help me greatly. Between RL work, family obligations, producing YouTube content and working on all the other issues in this pack I rarely have time spend giving the mobs the testing they deserve. At some point I want to sit down and test exactly what damage each mob is doing and also the actual effectiveness of each set of armor. But dying over and over tends to put me off so ive really avoided these kinds of tests :(

I am really glad your enjoying the pack and thank you for all the help so far :D

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I sound ungrateful at times. I usually read these first thing in the morning when I get to work and im often groggy or grumpy. I probably shouldnt be typing replies at that time of day :p

As for Flaxbeard's, I have been searching for over a year now to try and find a way to make the items and tools actually useful but like I said earlier its all been a smelly bag of dead ends :( Everything is either hard-coded or simply too inflexible to make any difference anyways.

I would love to see the list of mobs that you have tweaked. Any additional details would help me greatly. Between RL work, family obligations, producing YouTube content and working on all the other issues in this pack I rarely have time spend giving the mobs the testing they deserve. At some point I want to sit down and test exactly what damage each mob is doing and also the actual effectiveness of each set of armor. But dying over and over tends to put me off so ive really avoided these kinds of tests :(

I am really glad your enjoying the pack and thank you for all the help so far :D

You don't sound ungrateful at all. Just giving extra encouragement cause I'm sure this pack is a pain to work on.
As for mob damage I simply modify the mob properties file and scale the damage on certain mobs till i find a comfort level.
I disabled the infernal pack cause i find that mod was really never intended to be used with tfc and that damage and abilitys is way to insane plus good for bosses but
so far mob spawning seems to be so random that it doesn't make sense. Hard enough in regular minecraft let alone tfc.
So far the only mobs i have scaled were the marsh mosqitoes as it was they killed you in 2 hits unarmored. The file had them at 300 dam scaled it to simply 1 damage
even at that tfc still hits you for 50-100 damage, Not sure how tfc scales. Also lowered there speed a bit and hp down to 5 allows me to kill them in one hit.
But since they spawn during the day, and in groups of 5-10 at a time i felt it was a good balance since they are bugs not bosses.

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
You don't sound ungrateful at all. Just giving extra encouragement cause I'm sure this pack is a pain to work on.
As for mob damage I simply modify the mob properties file and scale the damage on certain mobs till i find a comfort level.
I disabled the infernal pack cause i find that mod was really never intended to be used with tfc and that damage and abilitys is way to insane plus good for bosses but
so far mob spawning seems to be so random that it doesn't make sense. Hard enough in regular minecraft let alone tfc.
So far the only mobs i have scaled were the marsh mosqitoes as it was they killed you in 2 hits unarmored. The file had them at 300 dam scaled it to simply 1 damage
even at that tfc still hits you for 50-100 damage, Not sure how tfc scales. Also lowered there speed a bit and hp down to 5 allows me to kill them in one hit.
But since they spawn during the day, and in groups of 5-10 at a time i felt it was a good balance since they are bugs not bosses.

It will take some time but i will fool around with the mobs and test different things.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So I sat down and did some basic damage testing today and my original assessment of what TFC mobs were actually doing was way off :(

Also vanilla armor has absolutely no effect on the damage done by TFC mobs as well as Blue Steel Armor enchanted with Protection 1 had no difference than the same armor with no enchantments :(

So it looks like I will be doing some massive readjustments of surface mob damages tonight. Not sure what to do about the armor adjustments tho ...

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Mosquitoes should never be that OP, and they definitly shouldnt be spawning in such large groups! Oh and dropping a mobs damage below 20 will mean that it gets multiplied, because mob properties does not effect ranged or magic damage. So setting mob damage to around 30 is probably the lowest you can get safely.

What I was asking earlier was a nice list of which ones you have changed and if it was in another location other than mob properties. Some of the Lycanites seem to just ignore MP. Also if your using a better attribute than "generic.attackDamage" cuz there are alot of mobs that just ignore that setting :(

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
Mosquitoes should never be that OP, and they definitly shouldnt be spawning in such large groups! Oh and dropping a mobs damage below 20 will mean that it gets multiplied, because mob properties does not effect ranged or magic damage. So setting mob damage to around 30 is probably the lowest you can get safely.

What I was asking earlier was a nice list of which ones you have changed and if it was in another location other than mob properties. Some of the Lycanites seem to just ignore MP. Also if your using a better attribute than "generic.attackDamage" cuz there are alot of mobs that just ignore that setting :(

Ya lowering the generic damage on mosquito's seemed to work well for me.
Magic and special attacks i do not know.
I tried messing around with damage in other files but i have zero coding knowledge and that didn't work well me me at all.

Also i have no problems running away it seems to work to.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Ya lowering the generic damage on mosquito's seemed to work well for me.
Magic and special attacks i do not know.
I tried messing around with damage in other files but i have zero coding knowledge and that didn't work well me me at all.

So my original assessment was that zombies were doing a base of 100-150 damage per hit. But right now my tests are showing them doing a consistent 40 to me and skeletons doing 120 but with a huge variance :p

But im going to go through all the surface mobs and readjust their damages ...

Also changing some of the Infernals. Like you said, they should be only for bosses.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So while I am tweaking the mobs stats I just thought of a new idea for a boss mob!

6qk5siLh.png

Let me know what you think of Twilight Lich riding a Beholder! :D

B

Brozoi

as a side note, while testing stability for a server, we found that the multi-tiered dungeons, the amount of enemies spawned can destroy fps pretty quickly.