[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
kev12east, Have you been able to get TrainCraft working. So far I cannot find a version that works with 1.7.10 :(

Indeed, Traincraft never reached 1.7

Is there a way to get the server to slow down or pause when no one is online? I'm hesitant to leave mine up right now, so it's a bit of a limiting factor.

Yes, as OneWolfie said you can slow down TFC's sim speed. On the public server we use " 2147483647 " which makes the server tick once every ~314 years when no one is online.

Reactions: OneWolfe

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Well...one of the mods I was waiting to update before I release 2.6.0 has just updated... Still have to do the config, then I can (possibly) make the update. Or do you guys want to wait for that other mod to update first?

TrueVox

Jul 29, 2019
Um, what is the "other" mod to wait for? Traincraft?

If so, I have no opinion - not really familiar with it.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Just sent in the update request to FTB for 2.6.0:

Forge Version: 10.13.1.1307

Added Railcraft: CovertJaguar, open, spreadsheet
Added Ships Mod: Cuchaz, http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...7-ships-mod-build-sailable-ships-out-of-block
Added Fastcraft: Player, http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820
Added FPSPLUS: abendenz, http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...use-no-permission-needed-fpsplus-1-5-2-1-7-10
Add Rails Of War: neitan, http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ods/1443999-1-7-10-rails-of-war-actual-tender
Added Streams: delvr, http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7850-tfc-07915-streams-real-flowing-rivers/
Added Hardcore Darkness: Lumien, http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225957-hardcore-darkness

--Important--
I now include Fastcraft in this pack, you must make mod authors aware of the use of Fastcraft when submitting crash/bug reports!
I also have added FPS++ to help with FPS lag, but (this goes for Fastcraft as well), results may very. Disable it if hurts more than it helps!
Upon the loading of an old world, Streams will prevent you from proceeding. If you do not want to reset your world, simply disable the Streams and Farseek mods
The ships mod by Cuchaz will most likely be replacing Archimedes Ships. If this continues as planned, I will slowly be phasing AS out. This is due to the multiple duplication bugs and exploits that AS creates; however, Cuchaz's ship mod also comes with some issues. His ships are interactive in-world entities of which you can walk on, and interact with blocks placed on them. This works by intercepting certain tile-entity calls and rerouting them. This does not work with most mod blocks that have a GUI it will crash you (well minecraft's internal server, or any server you are connected to). Even with this arguably worse flaw, it does allow for realistic physics, actual propulsion, and items actually be transported on ships. With AS, you could not use chests (duplicates players inventory), you could not use barrels (infinite source of oak barrels whenever a ship is docked/undocked), and you could not use placed vessels (occasionally crashed). Personally, I like to transport more than just logs and the occasional player on a ship, and as a means of transport, AS was very buggy and exploitable. I hope that this crashing issue does not become a problem, for now, it is up to the individual server owners if they want include it (enabled by deafualt). You also cannot dock them in any direction other than that which they were originally facing (basically, build a ship facing North, park it facing North). If requested, I may post a quick and easy large-ship construction tutorial ('cause physics OP).
Railcraft is currently WIP in terms of this pack, I am awaiting TFC water support, but portions of it are usable.
Rails Of War adds those trains that you saw before (and many more). They are fueled by vanilla coal, and therefore I have added a coke-oven recipe (cook TFC coal into vanilla coal). Currently, only the tracks can be crafted. This mod is "not survival ready" which means that all of the recipes you see for it are from me, for the purposes of this pack. They are subject to change, derived from feed back. I have set one blocks length of track to be worth 4 steel ingots. This is because when I compared the models from the ingot pile to the tracks, 4 ingots appears to be the amount used. From a game-play perspective, this is a very unrealistic value. To have a single track going 100 blocks it would take 400 steel ingots. TBH, that is far to much (especially for TFC, can you image getting that much steel legitly? *shudders*); however, I am at a loss on a balanced recipe for this. As always, I am open to suggestions.
Various other tweaks were made, fixed air quality, and other stuff I don't remember...(waited far to long on mod updates...still waiting for a semi-surprise one :))

TL;DR: Thing happened, reasons were given, you really should read that massive wall of text.

I will post when the update as gone through. The official Public Server for this pack will update sometime after FTB does, when it does so, I will be resetting the map (different seed this time, I already changed it).
For servers: I now include all of the neccary files to start a Windows server, simply run launch.bat and enjoy! (Must accept Minecraft's EULA)

Last edited:

Treki26

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great modpack but there seems to be something wrong with the textures. They appears fuzzy and very different from the last time I played TerraFirmaCraft (which was in 1.6.4) Is this something to do with one of the mods or is this just the way TFC looks now?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great modpack but there seems to be something wrong with the textures. They appears fuzzy and very different from the last time I played TerraFirmaCraft (which was in 1.6.4) Is this something to do with one of the mods or is this just the way TFC looks now?

What do you mean by "fuzzy"? Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean?

Our friends over a Darkserver created a nice banner for this pack, info in the OP

Treki26

Jul 29, 2019
The textures look blurry. If it makes any difference I am using a macbook air 2012 with a
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB graphics card running OS X 10.10.2
Here is a screenshot
2015-02-23_17.12.12.png

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

TrueVox

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone familiar with a written "Getting Started with Electrical Age" type guide? I'm sure there are videos, but I really don't absorb those so well.

Are there any other "Progression" mods in this, or is it pretty much "Stone-Copper-Bronze-Iron-Steel-FancySteel-Electricity"?

EDIT: Also, just saw the mod Stellar Sky (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...wip-stellar-mods-real-constellations-sun-moon) - would that be something that would fit in this pack?

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone familiar with a written "Getting Started with Electrical Age" type guide? I'm sure there are videos, but I really don't absorb those so well.

Are there any other "Progression" mods in this, or is it pretty much "Stone-Copper-Bronze-Iron-Steel-FancySteel-Electricity"?

EDIT: Also, just saw the mod Stellar Sky (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...wip-stellar-mods-real-constellations-sun-moon) - would that be something that would fit in this pack?

No idea about a written guide, but there is EA's tutorial map. I would like to add more progression mods to the pack, but as of the moment, I am at a loss of what to add. Stellar sky looks interesting, will definatley keep an eye on it.

TrueVox

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion on the map!

Yeah, I don't really have a good suggestion for a new progression (Flaxbear's Steam thing, maybe, but I haven't used it, so I donno if there would be too much overlap in terms of functionality to whats already here), just wanted to make sure that I had the direction correct.

tribal111

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just wanted to start off by saying love the mod pack so far its really fun, with that being said i was playing today and was setting up by some lava and my ftb console was telling me that FML was detecting an ongoing memory leak this hasnt happened before so im not sure if its in one of the mods that were added or what but it didnt list the culprit i thought i should bring this to your attention just in case

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just wanted to start off by saying love the mod pack so far its really fun, with that being said i was playing today and was setting up by some lava and my ftb console was telling me that FML was detecting an ongoing memory leak this hasnt happened before so im not sure if its in one of the mods that were added or what but it didnt list the culprit i thought i should bring this to your attention just in case

Hmmm...I have an idea of what is might be, but it should have been fixed in the update.

Pack is updated, server map reset.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion on the map!

Yeah, I don't really have a good suggestion for a new progression (Flaxbear's Steam thing, maybe, but I haven't used it, so I donno if there would be too much overlap in terms of functionality to whats already here), just wanted to make sure that I had the direction correct.

Actually Flaxbeards fits almost perfectly with next to no recipe tweaking at all. The only downside is that none of the steam boilers will recognize TFC water :(

To solve the issue in my own pack I have a very rare zombie that runs around carrying a vanilla bucket. He is pretty fast and hard to kill and only rarely drops the bucket. When a vanilla bucket is used to pick up TFC water it turns to vanilla water which is useless for watering crops.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
@OneWolfie have you encountered any crashes with Railcraft? There seems to be an issue with placing fence gates and lumber in world.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
@OneWolfie have you encountered any crashes with Railcraft? There seems to be an issue with placing fence gates and lumber in world.

Yes, I ran into that one a long time ago :D It was a huge problem on my server.

To fix it you need to remove ALL of the Residual Heat blocks and set B:residual.heat=false in the Blocks.cfg file.

Cira

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to install this modpack, and it gave me TPPI instead. Did the code change from the one listed in the OP?

EDIT: Restarted the FTB launcher, and it is now downloading the Pack. Not sure what happened there.

Thank you for your time