[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

AnonTheMouse

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, Smart Moving currently breaks the rope anchors/ladders from extrafirma, so until that is fixed, smart moving's iffy. Sword Skills, haven't looked at yet.
I recall running into a patch mod that fixed that. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit: Found it!
It's coded for 1.6.2, though, so I'm not 100% sure it will work. You might be able to contact the author or find someone else to update it, though.

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I recall running into a patch mod that fixed that. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit: Found it!
It's coded for 1.6.2, though, so I'm not 100% sure it will work. You might be able to contact the author or find someone else to update it, though.

Oh wow, definitely worth testing, if I get something working (with some new things as well), I will push an update for the pack.

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
I think you need some mod, either pre-existing or custom-made for this pack, that adds a dust version of every metal for macerator compatibility. I think you could use, say, metallurgy 3 but disable world gen and recipes(I know you can disable parts of it, but I can't remember if it still loads the resources), then use minetweaker to change the names and recipes of some of the dust and ingots for TechnoFirma(Can you make new items/blocks with minetweaker and a texture?). You could also replace the vanilla iron in the Electrical Age recipes with TFC Wrought Iron, as well as with the other ingots(Finally a use for lead!).

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably choose AOBD 2 for it, if they had said TFC or ElAge support, they don't add any oregen, they just have it so there can be pulverized/dust/crushed/etc versions of ore. Maybe Kev can ask for support for them. *shrug*

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably choose AOBD 2 for it, if they had said TFC or ElAge support, they don't add any oregen, they just have it so there can be pulverized/dust/crushed/etc versions of ore. Maybe Kev can ask for support for them. *shrug*
AOBD 2 looks really nice, a lot better than my metallurgy 3 rewrite idea.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
You can't (as far as I know) use mineteaker to make custom blocks (there is a mod like that, saw it a while ago, can't remember much). Currently, you craft wrought iron into vanilla iron in the crafting grid for use in EL, minetweaker decided to break itself whenever I tried to add it to the oreDictionary. I have already requested support for certain things, and they have added it....in the 1.7.10 version of EL; 1.6.4 development has discontinued, for instance, in the new EL, you can collect resin from TFC trees, while in our version you can't. I have discussed with a friend about making a custom mod to fix these issues; however, the required forge libraries are nop longer available for 1.6.4 (forge took them down).

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
You can't (as far as I know) use mineteaker to make custom blocks (there is a mod like that, saw it a while ago, can't remember much). Currently, you craft wrought iron into vanilla iron in the crafting grid for use in EL, minetweaker decided to break itself whenever I tried to add it to the oreDictionary. I have already requested support for certain things, and they have added it....in the 1.7.10 version of EL; 1.6.4 development has discontinued, for instance, in the new EL, you can collect resin from TFC trees, while in our version you can't. I have discussed with a friend about making a custom mod to fix these issues; however, the required forge libraries are nop longer available for 1.6.4 (forge took them down).
So forge installs don't come with all the libraries for making a mod, or is it a specific version of forge you need is not available? I have no idea how a forge/minecraft mod is made.
Also do you need to add it to the ore dictionary, or can you just disable the old recipe and make a new recipe that uses wrought iron?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
So forge installs don't come with all the libraries for making a mod, or is it a specific version of forge you need is not available? I have no idea how a forge/minecraft mod is made.
Also do you need to add it to the ore dictionary, or can you just disable the old recipe and make a new recipe that uses wrought iron?

MCP no longer has the files that are required to make a mod in 1.6.4. And for making a new recipe, minetweaker seems to break itself aswell.

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
You could contact them about that, or ask the JourneyMap or any 1.6.4 dev if they have MCP 1.6.4 files they can send you. I'm pretty sure any dev still working with 1.6.4 has the latest 1.6.4 MCP files. Or you could ask if they know someplace to get them.
Edit: Ooooh lookie-here

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean to bug you for updates, but hows your progress in making a compatibility mod? Were the files I found the right ones to help?

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I try to load a world, it quits the game :( .

On an unrelated note, I think that the Backpacks mod would be cool; I think that they have made a port for TFC so they're compatible as well. Also, You Will Die could be interesting; it would make the game a lot harder.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I request you turn the weather frequency done on the public server please, it a little crazy that it storms once per day

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
All the leaves are invisible?
Do not no what might be causing that, might be a texture pack bug

I request you turn the weather frequency done on the public server please, it a little crazy that it storms once per day
I'll turn them down next chance I get.

Whenever I try to load a world, it quits the game :( .

On an unrelated note, I think that the Backpacks mod would be cool; I think that they have made a port for TFC so they're compatible as well. Also, You Will Die could be interesting; it would make the game a lot harder.

About the gening of a world, you need to go into the FTB launcher settings and set permgen to either 128, 256, 512 (depending on preference and computer), the backpack and you will die mods I'll take a look at, but mostly I'm waiting for TFC to update to 1.7.x, since multiple bugs have been fixed in that version.

I may or may not push another update 1.6.4 before the update.