[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

DostarrSO

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't take this the wrong way, perhaps something is wrong (based on the last few pages)...but why is Thaumcraft even in this? There's no recipe from the Thaumonomicon and I've tried several logical ways to get it ( i.e. greatwood chests, hunting down the shades at the thaumcraft obelisks). Finally said screw it and cheated it in. Made a Thaumometer, and it feels like next to nothing has aspects, finally after a day said screw it...cheated in some knowledge fragments and manually mixed aspects in the table to create the compound aspects. Then I go to actually craft something, nitor/thaumium...needs a thaumcraft crucible, which requires a vanilla crucible (normally)...no recipe for a thaumcraft or vanilla crucible and using the wand on a TFC crucible doesn't work....so I cheated that in. Finally get thaumium, can't make wand caps (I am aware caps are made in the anvil; I had an iron capped wand already). At this point I may as well cheat everything thaumcraft related in. Is something broke, or is this just an incomplete addition to the pack? I realize the enormity of converting over thaumcraft to a TFC compatible version, but if it's in the pack it should be at least moderately bug-free.

If this is simply a case of missing recipes, or I am lacking information that I need then I apologize. If not though, then I must say...if you have to cheat to use a mod, it shouldn't be in the pack. It's beyond infuriating, and the only reason I even started this pack was because it was a rare hybrid of a few excellent mods, namely Thaumcraft, with TFC. After weeks of playing with some mates and finally starting Thaumcraft to have this happen, we're about done. It really isn't that I don't appreciate your efforts, and I am aware it might just be a missing recipe or some such bug, but I feel like I have somewhat of a right to be angry; my time, like yours, is absolutely precious.

Last edited:

Alamurla

Jul 29, 2019
DostarrSO
Last time I playedthe pack all those recipes worked. Not sure if there has been an update, but some times the recipes fail to download properly when updating.

To make the Thauminomicon, you need to have progressed up to iron, and forge the caps on an anvil. Once you have your wand, it's the same as vanilla, click a bookshelf (requires tfc leather to make books).

Not sure about your issues with the cauldron... it should work.

I recommend backing up your world, deleting the pack and do a full reinstall.

Not sure when/if I will have the time to check out the latest version, been gone for almost a year and am now working 2 jobs. Hopefully I'll find some time to look at the pack and finish the todo list. Unfortunately aspects are pretty far down on the list of things to do, but it will get done eventually...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

K

KronoNomikon

Is the customization of Thaumcraft Mob Aspects not supported with that mod provided? It makes dummy files for TFC etc. in Technofirma 2.20.4, but trying to for instance add arbor and vacuos to the empty Terrafirmacraft barrel template is not working. I don't want to be a downer, but I'm just not understanding if it can work, or if it absolutely mustn't in this release? The reason I was disturbed is that the aspects that it takes to get started in some Thaumcraft are ridiculously difficult to procure for what needs to be done, due to very little of anything having any aspects associated with them. Is it impossible to add anything not already in the .class files in the .jar via the generated files? Is it just being messed with to the end of having added aspects in a future release?

Alamurla

Jul 29, 2019
Is the customization of Thaumcraft Mob Aspects not supported with that mod provided? It makes dummy files for TFC etc. in Technofirma 2.20.4, but trying to for instance add arbor and vacuos to the empty Terrafirmacraft barrel template is not working. I don't want to be a downer, but I'm just not understanding if it can work, or if it absolutely mustn't in this release? The reason I was disturbed is that the aspects that it takes to get started in some Thaumcraft are ridiculously difficult to procure for what needs to be done, due to very little of anything having any aspects associated with them. Is it impossible to add anything not already in the .class files in the .jar via the generated files? Is it just being messed with to the end of having added aspects in a future release?
From what I remember we have to use minetweaker to add aspects. In your mod instance folder there should be a sub-folder called "scripts". In there is a couple of thaumcraft scripts that we use to override the hardcoded recipes to allow modded items (tfc items) in the recipes as Thaumcraft does not natively recognize non-vanilla stone and such... to add aspects you have to add an entry for each and every item, tile entity, and entity that you wish to add or remove an aspect from. The various commands to do so are shown at: http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker:Thaumcraft_4_Support
As you can see, it will take a lot of work to add aspects to everything, then try and balance them for the inherent difficulty the pack is supposed to have.

K

KronoNomikon

OK, so I went through and tried to add aspects to all relevant Terrafirmacraft items in their own file. I also added aspects for the mud bricks, and there's an entry for the Ye Gamol Chattels flax seeds at the beginning. I have certain weapons, such as the swords and maces, crossed out, as their aspect numbers go way out of whack. I don't want to spend time trying to figure it out, and all it would really add would be more telum (and any relevant aspects that I put in), which can be easily obtained by more frugal means. As far as balance, I just tried to make it similar to Vanilla's aspect roster, so it shouldn't matter. It's bad enough that I can't seem to heat a Thaumcraft cauldron on a forge, but am having to resort to using lava which, without having a blue steel bucket, means that I'll just have to run to the nearest lava pool to utilize. For whoever wants the definitions I wrote, I'll upload the file, but notice that I didn't take advantage of any loops or numbering conventions (uses of asterisks) as they seemed to give me difficulty in that Minecraft kept rejecting the script when I tried. You'll also have to save it as a .zs file, as it won't allow for such a file to upload.

Attachments

• TCRCustom.txt
    111.3 KB · Views: 167

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
well seeing as this post is either dead or dying. id atleast like to ask if anyone else has experienced horrible world loading issues. on my server it happens when loading some new chunks. all players are timed out and the world just freezes after leaving it as is for 8 hrs i had to manually close the server and there is never a crashlog. its not hardware. its ran on an i7 4ghz processor and 8 gb ddr3 ram personal computer specifically for running servers. i have never seen this from any tfc packs or vanilla tfc. I CAN not recrate this in any other pack or vanilla tfc either. but i can do this multiple times on both a server and client world and its everytime randomly. im not sure if this is from mods in the pack not working right with tfc or not. removing mods makes no difference.

K

KronoNomikon

Ultimaheart4, I've also had the same problem. I have set it to have very high RAM parameters in case it was that, as I have 16GB on here, and that didn't fix it. Some chunks freeze the game like this (and I have only been playing single-player), although sometimes you can let everything load all around the chunk, go into it, and save it. After doing this, it seemed to fix the chunk, but it got to the point where sometimes random places would want to freeze up for seemingly no reason, even though they were already loaded, so I guess it wasn't a permanent fix. There seemed to be nothing all too significant about any of the offending chunks, although I couldn't see underground.

L

linkman43

A couple mods are available in the Curse version of the modpack that aren't listed in the mod list on the front post of this thread, and cannot be feasibly used ingame due to the lack of recipe conversion. Things like Flan and IC2 are lacking recipes that can work. Am I missing something?

P

PhantomXiX

Im having trouble connecting. is there anyone still playing on this server. It says i need forge/fml

L

Lumberdan02

I tried to join and got Mod rejections [FMLMod:blockcraftery{0.1.3}]

Am running 3.2.0

mrdorkface

Jul 29, 2019
Stumbled across the TFC forum's thread for this mod, so happy to find it here! Is it still being worked on?

mrdorkface

Jul 29, 2019
Um..... just got the chance to launch the pack for the first time, it's loading in 1.12, but the topic says 1.7, is that supposed to happen?

M

minipepsi

I had a problem with the pack, it isn't starting and show this error at the log
[12:13:34] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[12:13:34] [main/INFO]: Using primary tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[12:13:34] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[12:13:34] [main/INFO]: Forge Mod Loader version 7.99.16.1448 for Minecraft 1.7.10 loading
[12:13:34] [main/INFO]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_25, running on Windows 10:amd64:10.0, installed at C:\Users\usuario\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25
[12:13:34] [main/WARN]: The coremod com.bioxx.tfc.TFCASMLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:34] [main/WARN]: The coremod mods.betterfoliage.loader.impl.BetterFoliageLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:34] [main/WARN]: The coremod com.wirsbo.main.FMLLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:34] [main/WARN]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:34] [main/WARN]: The coremod atomicstryker.dynamiclights.common.DLFMLCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod farseek.core.FarseekCoreMod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod fastcraft.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod lumien.hardcoredarkness.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod invtweaks.forge.asm.FMLPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod ivorius.ivtoolkit.IvToolkitLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.asm.CoreDescription does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod lumien.resourceloader.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod atomicstryker.stalkercreepers.common.SCFMLCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod streams.core.StreamsCoreMod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod com.vidaj.tfcrailcraft.asm.TransformerManager does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/WARN]: The coremod schmoller.tubes.asm.TubesPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[12:13:35] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[12:13:35] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[12:13:35] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[12:13:35] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[12:13:35] [main/INFO]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[12:13:36] [main/ERROR]: There is a binary discrepency between the expected input class ahu (ahu) and the actual class. Checksum on disk is 337a7f7d, in patch 746fe971. Things are probably about to go very wrong. Did you put something into the jar file?
[12:13:36] [main/ERROR]: FML is going to ignore this error, note that the patch will not be applied, and there is likely to be a malfunctioning behaviour, including not running at all
[12:13:36] [main/ERROR]: There is a binary discrepency between the expected input class bbj (bbj) and the actual class. Checksum on disk is fa6c302c, in patch 4dde7b8f. Things are probably about to go very wrong. Did you put something into the jar file?
[12:13:36] [main/ERROR]: FML is going to ignore this error, note that the patch will not be applied, and there is likely to be a malfunctioning behaviour, including not running at all
[12:13:36] [main/ERROR]: There is a binary discrepency between the expected input class xp (xp) and the actual class. Checksum on disk is e3184275, in patch b502f044. Things are probably about to go very wrong. Did you put something into the jar file?
[12:13:36] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:130) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:213) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.hash.AbstractByteHasher.putBytes(AbstractByteHasher.java:69) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.hash.AbstractStreamingHashFunction.hashBytes(AbstractStreamingHashFunction.java:57) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.patcher.ClassPatchManager.applyPatch(ClassPatchManager.java:97) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.patcher.ClassPatchManager.getPatchedResource(ClassPatchManager.java:61) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.getFieldType(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:193) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.parseField(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:170) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.setup(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:139) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.FMLSanityChecker.injectData(FMLSanityChecker.java:182) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:125) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10.jar:?]
... 2 more
Obs: i'm using the twitch/curse launcher
I've already played this pack long time ago and have loved it, please help

Last edited:
G

Gum

"it isn't starting"

I had this same problem. Changing to forge 10.13.4.1614 fixed the launching issue.

Unfortunately after starting a new game I was in an endless biome with no trees or sticks. There were Greatwood (Thaumcraft) trees, but breaking their leaves did not drop any sticks.

M

minipepsi

I don't think that is a good way to solve the problem kkkk, but thank you anyway.

There must have another manner to fix that.

attilavv

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Can't run modpack in Ftb / curse / Twitch launcher.

How to change Forge version it this fucking launcher ?