[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

C

Captainrex221

But it stopped now, it still lags a bit and it freezes sometimes, but now is playable

C

Captainrex221

The new problem is trying to make a server, the launch.bat takes a long time, and after a long time, it stops

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
So I got the itch to try this pack, but I'm having lots of issues with it. I did a fresh install of it this afternoon, and I've already had to delete 3 worlds due to them becoming unplayable due to lag or crashes. Issues I've had:

I broke a 100% mature bean plant I found and tried eating the bean. As I was munching on it, the game would freeze ("Not Responding") for 15 seconds, then the game would resume but I would get horrible lag spikes that would make the client go "Not Responding" every time I tried doing anything.

In another world, I tried looking up recipes that use some food I found (tomatoes I think?), which crashed the single player server.

In another world, I found some hematite chunks on the ground, but when I went to break it, it just disappeared. From then on, nothing I broke left an item. This includes after closing the client and reloading Minecraft entirely.

I know the pack should work as I've seen people stream it while playing on a server, so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong. My computer is an i7-4970K, 32GB RAM, Geforce 980 ti, running Java 8u66. I've had no issues running heavier FTB packs like Infinity single player and multiplayer.

I'm going to fire up a fourth world this evening and see what causes the pack to die horribly this time. Wish me luck!

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same hardware setup as you, Tristam, but running under Linux. Same lag, for inexplicable reasons. I'm trying to narrow down why, but not getting very far.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

M

mamidd

Hey guys! I have not heard of these kinds of bugs before but I am thinking that the newest Java may have something to do with it. Here are some suggestions you can try:
1) Remove or Update FastCraft
2) Install Optifine
3) Update NEI and WAILA, there are lots of files so it can take some time
4) Remove SmartMoving
5) Remove MultiMine - This might be the cause of the ores dissapearing
6) Remove Better Foliage - seems to be causing me alot of lag too
7) Remove Zombie Awareness and Herd Craft and Dynamic Lights and Mob Dismemberment - These can also cause unnecessary lag
8) Lastly try Removing Meteor Craft - If lags and crashes are totaly random the falling meteors may be a culprit

i can't find all this mod in the pack, why? (there is only fastcraft and better foliage)

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Hey came back to this pack when I craved me some of the return of TFC. Booted up the FTB launcher and downloaded the newest version of the pack but immediately got crash reports upon starting it up. Not sure what the issue is, already googled around with no avail. I think it might be a config thing, which would be easy to fix if I knew what it wanted.

Here's the report:
http://pastebin.com/xVBTDWNs

If you could help that'd be super man.

I am unsure of this error, I will look into it.

What kinda specs do you need to run this modpack? The stuttering I get is crazy bad, Open to LAN does very little. Is this modpack designed for a dedicated server because single-player is totally unplayable for me. I upgraded my CPU and RAM a couple months ago so I'm not too far behind the tech curve. Disabled Coro's weather and that helped a lot but the lag still makes it unplayable.
The last update is impossible to play, much lag and crashed the minecraft, before this update I played fine.
it would be nice if the modpack had a light version,you know, for the people with weak computers and no cash to pay a dedicated server ;).Because the modpack has too many mods and terrafirmacraft it's heavy by itself
So is there anyway to reduce the lag, because I want to play this mod so much. I disabled the weather mod and the mod that makes the trees beatiful, but it didn't change anything

For those epierancing lag, you can try to remove unnecessary decoration mods (Aqua Tweaks, Better Foliage, Better Sprinting, iChunUtil, BackTools, Stellar Sky, Sci API). You can also try switching to a more lightweight launcher, such as MultiMC, and/or using these Java parameters:
Code:
-XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts -server -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true

So I got the itch to try this pack, but I'm having lots of issues with it. I did a fresh install of it this afternoon, and I've already had to delete 3 worlds due to them becoming unplayable due to lag or crashes. Issues I've had:

I broke a 100% mature bean plant I found and tried eating the bean. As I was munching on it, the game would freeze ("Not Responding") for 15 seconds, then the game would resume but I would get horrible lag spikes that would make the client go "Not Responding" every time I tried doing anything.

In another world, I tried looking up recipes that use some food I found (tomatoes I think?), which crashed the single player server.

In another world, I found some hematite chunks on the ground, but when I went to break it, it just disappeared. From then on, nothing I broke left an item. This includes after closing the client and reloading Minecraft entirely.

I know the pack should work as I've seen people stream it while playing on a server, so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong. My computer is an i7-4970K, 32GB RAM, Geforce 980 ti, running Java 8u66. I've had no issues running heavier FTB packs like Infinity single player and multiplayer.

I'm going to fire up a fourth world this evening and see what causes the pack to die horribly this time. Wish me luck!

Try removing Aqua Tweaks. IF the item bug persists, try removing Item Physic. Could you provide a crash report for the NEI issue?

wonderful modpack :D Really amazing :)

Thank you very much, glad to here people are enjoying it :)

The new problem is trying to make a server, the launch.bat takes a long time, and after a long time, it stops

I haven't actually tested the server files in a long time, so I'll have to look into it. Another option is for you to setup a Forge server, and just copy over all the Technofirma files for it.

C

Christer22

I had some timeout issues and was not able to log in to the server for about 12 hours prior and now when i finally got on again i was back at spawn and my invetory was empty, what happened and can i get my things back somehow? I had all my important things in my inventory and it kinda sucks to start over again after a couple of days playing :/

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
The crashlog from when I try to look up food recipes is over 2 MB in size, and I don't have a paid pastebin acct to post over 512kB pastes. I can paste the beginning of it:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem.

Time: 1/9/16 10:06 AM
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.StackOverflowError: Updating screen events
at com.bioxx.tfc.api.Food.getNBT(Food.java:65)
at com.bioxx.tfc.api.Food.isInfused(Food.java:413)
at com.bioxx.tfc.Food.ItemFoodTFC.func_77653_i(ItemFoodTFC.java:216)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_82833_r(ItemStack.java:427)

And then it repeats the "at" lines for the first 1000 lines of the log (from lines 7 to 1031, so it repeated 256 times?). This particular one was when I was looking up recipes for soy beans. If you have a method for me to get you the entire log to you, I can get you the entire thing.

In the mean time, I'll look to remove some of those aesthetics mods, as I'm really wanting to enjoy the pack (I MADE BISMUTH BRONZE TOOLS. I AM A GOD! *weeps in a corner*).

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
The crashlog from when I try to look up food recipes is over 2 MB in size, and I don't have a paid pastebin acct to post over 512kB pastes. I can paste the beginning of it:

And then it repeats the "at" lines for the first 1000 lines of the log (from lines 7 to 1031, so it repeated 256 times?). This particular one was when I was looking up recipes for soy beans. If you have a method for me to get you the entire log to you, I can get you the entire thing.

In the mean time, I'll look to remove some of those aesthetics mods, as I'm really wanting to enjoy the pack (I MADE BISMUTH BRONZE TOOLS. I AM A GOD! *weeps in a corner*).

It looks like TFC is to blame. Food has no recipes in TFC, you can cook food on firepits, or grills, and make samwiches/salads in a food prep station. I'd stick with looking at the wiki for food related things.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like TFC is to blame. Food has no recipes in TFC, you can cook food on firepits, or grills, and make samwiches/salads in a food prep station. I'd stick with looking at the wiki for food related things.
Good to know, I was worried that was the case.

On an unrelated note, I can't seem to expand my crafting grid anymore (died so had to re-do it). I've sawed logs into lumber, and used the lumber to make planks. I can place the planks in the world just fine, but when I make a 2x2 of them in my inventory, it doesn't give me an option to "craft" the crafting table to expand it to a 3x3.

The only thing that's changed is I've disabled AquaTweak, Better Sprinting, DecoCraft2 (a door barricade from a thaumcraft destroyed tower was crashing me), Stellar Sky, and Weather (I've seen some lines in the logs that makes me think it's lagging down the "server"). I wouldn't think that disabling any of these would get rid of a vanilla TFC mechanic, but somehow it has? I've tried restarting the client entirely, with no effect.

Any ideas, or how to circumvent the mechanic? I've already tried cheating in a crafting table, but it seems the 3x3 expansion is tied with the crafting of the crafting table.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know, I was worried that was the case.

On an unrelated note, I can't seem to expand my crafting grid anymore (died so had to re-do it). I've sawed logs into lumber, and used the lumber to make planks. I can place the planks in the world just fine, but when I make a 2x2 of them in my inventory, it doesn't give me an option to "craft" the crafting table to expand it to a 3x3.

The only thing that's changed is I've disabled AquaTweak, Better Sprinting, DecoCraft2 (a door barricade from a thaumcraft destroyed tower was crashing me), Stellar Sky, and Weather (I've seen some lines in the logs that makes me think it's lagging down the "server"). I wouldn't think that disabling any of these would get rid of a vanilla TFC mechanic, but somehow it has? I've tried restarting the client entirely, with no effect.

Any ideas, or how to circumvent the mechanic? I've already tried cheating in a crafting table, but it seems the 3x3 expansion is tied with the crafting of the crafting table.

Was the wood by any chance acacia? If so, you currently need a different wood, because acacia is practically useless.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Was the wood by any chance acacia? If so, you currently need a different wood, because acacia is practically useless.
I've tried both ash and oak, and neither works. I'm kind of stuck until I can figure this out, everything I need to progress requires the 3x3, and I'd rather not grind another world to this point again this weekend.

M

mamidd

I use ftb launcher and i can't update modpack form 2.17.2 to 2.18.0 which is the last version. The launcher give me "Error while downloading modpack". how can i solve?

Solved: i have been disabled some mod, if i enable them again the update works :)

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it looks like all my problems begin and end with the Weather mod in this pack. Disabling it made it so my "server" can "keep up". But disabling it makes it so I can't make a crafting table to expand my crafting grid (or at least enabling it allowed me to expand it). Fun stuff.

Ragein

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting a failed to connect to server: timed out. I can log in for a second then i get timed out, but it still shows me logged in. After that i just get the failed to connect message. Anything i can do to stop it?

Marinara

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting a failed to connect to server: timed out. I can log in for a second then i get timed out, but it still shows me logged in. After that i just get the failed to connect message. Anything i can do to stop it?
I've been getting the same error, along with crashes when attempting to load/create a single player world.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. Since the 2.18.0 update (which I hoped would fix other issues for me, but didn't), I can no longer pull "hot" ingots out of a fire pit, forge, or from a mold. Previously, the ingot would retain its current temperature, which is required for working metal ingots.

Now, when I hover over the ingot before I pull it out of the fire pit, forge, or mold, it shows the ingot with the correct temp (eg. Orange***), when I pull them out and they're on my cursor, they show the correct temp, but the instant I put them in my inventory, they lose their temperature data.

I haven't had time yet, but I'm going to be copying my world and doing a few tests, including making a fresh install of the pack and importing my world into it to see if I can troubleshoot this. I'll hopefully have results this evening.