[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mythori

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem too figure this out:

While playing, I come across a problem where my game freezes up compleatly. It says "stopped working" but the music is going on and time in game seems to progress. (When I kill minecraft and restart the game, it was night instead of daytime) Whenever I restart the world, I can move around for about 2 seconds and get stuck again. I tried to MC-Edit, delete all entities and re-create the Chunks I thought are corrupted. Nothing helped.
This problem makes this pack pretty much unplayable for me and I can't find the source of my problem. Everything is up-to-date, my Launcher installed on a new, clean system. My mashine is good enough to otherwhise play this pack with close to zero lags at all.

Any Idea what may cause this game-lock-up? I love this pack and it's agonizing I can't play it... ;_;
PS: My logs don't mention any errors. I get no crashreport as there is no crash. Just game lock-up.

L

Lumberdan02

Lumberdan here. I've been wondering around the public server and I seem to have gotten to a point where I can no longer do anything. I walked into the spot I am in and it booted me off. I've tried to log back in several times and it's letting me on for a couple seconds and then stops responding and I have to shut down minecraft. SP works so I think I'm loading in a bad chunk most likely. Possible fix to get me moving again?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem too figure this out:

While playing, I come across a problem where my game freezes up compleatly. It says "stopped working" but the music is going on and time in game seems to progress. (When I kill minecraft and restart the game, it was night instead of daytime) Whenever I restart the world, I can move around for about 2 seconds and get stuck again. I tried to MC-Edit, delete all entities and re-create the Chunks I thought are corrupted. Nothing helped.
This problem makes this pack pretty much unplayable for me and I can't find the source of my problem. Everything is up-to-date, my Launcher installed on a new, clean system. My mashine is good enough to otherwhise play this pack with close to zero lags at all.

Any Idea what may cause this game-lock-up? I love this pack and it's agonizing I can't play it... ;_;
PS: My logs don't mention any errors. I get no crashreport as there is no crash. Just game lock-up.

Were you by any chance near a streams mod stream when this happened?

Mythori

Jul 29, 2019
Were you by any chance near a streams mod stream when this happened?

No, in fact I disabled streams but still get this problem. Streams caused lags in the past but never locked up my game like this. So... whatever causes it, it's not the streams mod.

Ragein

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i keep getting a Failed connection. i havent had this problem before is there anything that can be done? Its been over 24 hours and keep getting "Failed to connect to the server" Timed out.

Last edited:

Frankenfreezer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey came back to this pack when I craved me some of the return of TFC. Booted up the FTB launcher and downloaded the newest version of the pack but immediately got crash reports upon starting it up. Not sure what the issue is, already googled around with no avail. I think it might be a config thing, which would be easy to fix if I knew what it wanted.

Here's the report:
http://pastebin.com/xVBTDWNs

If you could help that'd be super man.

Alamurla

Jul 29, 2019
Hey came back to this pack when I craved me some of the return of TFC. Booted up the FTB launcher and downloaded the newest version of the pack but immediately got crash reports upon starting it up. Not sure what the issue is, already googled around with no avail. I think it might be a config thing, which would be easy to fix if I knew what it wanted.

Here's the report:
http://pastebin.com/xVBTDWNs

If you could help that'd be super man.

Depending on which version you had before, you will probably have to start a new world. As mods are updated they sometimes are not compatible with the old versions. If you have a back up (and want to continue that world), you would have to revert to the older version of the pack.

H

Hague

What kinda specs do you need to run this modpack? The stuttering I get is crazy bad, Open to LAN does very little. Is this modpack designed for a dedicated server because single-player is totally unplayable for me. I upgraded my CPU and RAM a couple months ago so I'm not too far behind the tech curve. Disabled Coro's weather and that helped a lot but the lag still makes it unplayable.

L

Lumberdan02

I'm in the same boat as hague. I can log onto the server and Java freezes as soon as I load in.

H

Hague

Well, I managed fine on the server. It's just single-player that's impossible to play :p

Samuel Velter Teles

Jul 29, 2019
it would be nice if the modpack had a light version,you know, for the people with weak computers and no cash to pay a dedicated server ;).Because the modpack has too many mods and terrafirmacraft it's heavy by itself

C

Captainrex221

I got a few lags when I started playing, but after a few minutes the lag increased alot, and it also started freezing and stuff. Is there any way to stop this, my specs are really good.

(and you think that being able to play ARK on ultra would be enought to play minecraft without lag)

Reactions: theluckyone17

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
hehehehe, I play Ark with high configs and the terrafirma I can't, the chunk's charge is very slow and much lag. If I run for a long time the game crash.

C

Captainrex221

So is there anyway to reduce the lag, because I want to play this mod so much. I disabled the weather mod and the mod that makes the trees beatiful, but it didn't change anything

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
For those of encountering the lag... Which version of Java are y'all running?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk